Hi everyone I am new to the forum. I am having intermittent problems with my ... RIM Desktop Software forum

fliptekki no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile BB Pearl not synching sporadically and stopping in the midst of synch

Advertisement

Hi everyone I am new to the forum. I am having intermittent problems with my Blackberry Pearl. I personally purchased this toy. The issue I am having is intermittent while trying to synch with my Outlook 2003 on my work laptop.

Here are more details in case you need it:
    MS Outlook 2003 is on the work network which includes my calendar, contacts and email. Installed on the work laptop is DM ver 4.2.1.1.2. Synch'ing using the USB cable. I synch while on the network at work.

Problem:
    Sometimes (it has worked without a problem before) when I try to synch my calendar, the synch will stop in the middle, like 550 out of 710 entries. No error message is given and the synch log isn't showing anything either.

Please help... This is getting frustrating...

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: BB Pearl not synching sporadically and stopping in the midst of synch

Maybe reinstalling your DM Software?

Not very familiar with this problem sorry

Welcome, btw

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

fliptekki, Welcome to PinStack.

You say the Sync Log isn't showing anything? Does it show any oc your calendar events being transfered? How much free memory do you have (Options or settings/Status)? You might want to try the Reset Configuration on the Sync/Configuration TaB. But you will have to recreate your sync settings for all the Outlook Items you want to sync.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

fliptekki no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: BB Pearl not synching sporadically and stopping in the midst of synch

Thank you... This seems to have worked this time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will keep working

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    fliptekki, Welcome to PinStack.

You say the Sync Log isn't showing anything? Does it show any oc your calendar events being transfered? How much free memory do you have (Options or settings/Status)? You might want to try the Reset Configuration on the Sync/Configuration TaB. But you will have to recreate your sync settings for all the Outlook Items you want to sync.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr

waynesutton no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello I have almost the same problem, I get an "unable to process" error when I try to sync outlook 2003 calender with blackberry pearl. The log file says internal error #4088. I have 2,200 appointments mostly birthdays showing up. Please help. Is there a limit on the number of calendar appointments"? Any other advice? I have downloaded desktop manager 4.2 patch 1 also.

Thanks

Wayne
    http://www.wayne-sutton.com
    Computer, Ineternet & Mobile Technolgy Consultant

CAL7 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the exact problem as the original post, except mine is not intermittent. It fails the same way at the same place every time.

Blackberry Pearl with Desktop 4.2.1 (latest service pack) sync'ing to Outlook 2003 over USB (BIS). It reads record 870 out of 1500 from Outlook in the calendar and aborts with this message in the log:
    DesktopMgr caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module ILXOLK.FIL at 001b:11460c03 CurrentThread:00000FF4

It must be some type of corruption or unexpected data in the Outlook .OST file, because I get the same error in the same place on two machines: one with W2K and one with WXP.

The address book syncs fine; the calendar always fails the same way. Unistalling and re-installing Desktop Manager doesn't change anything. Any ideas???? Thanks!

heolzo no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by CAL7
    Blackberry Pearl with Desktop 4.2.1 (latest service pack) sync'ing to Outlook 2003 over USB (BIS). It reads record 870 out of 1500 from Outlook in the calendar and aborts with this message in the log:

The address book syncs fine; the calendar always fails the same way. Unistalling and re-installing Desktop Manager doesn't change anything. Any ideas???? Thanks!
    Hello
    Try this, in desktop manager go to synchro->configuration->synchro config. highlight the calender line and then click choose. Select import operation and save all. Synchro again. Your outlook data will be import (oneway) in the BB. You should have no error this time. re assign synchro operation (like it was before) in the same way and re synchro your device. I resolve this problem a few time a month on my device.

Hope this help.
    Last edited by heolzo; 03-13-2007 at 07:54 PM.
    hEoLzO - Montreal - Bold 9000

CAL7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you! I thought I had tried something similar and it still crashed at the same calendar record, but I followed your instructinos step-by-step, and it went all the way through; and even sync'd bidirectionally after that.

A couple of follow-up questions, please:

1. I don't have a "save all" option, is that important?
    2. You say you have to do this a few times a month - does it always stop on the same record? If so, is there any way to identify the problem record (the log doesn't tell me where it was when it stopped)?
    3. There are several reports of this problem - I have seen some a couple of years old - so what are the chances of RIM fixing it?

Thanks again.

heolzo no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Re: BB Pearl not synching sporadically and stopping in the midst of synch

Thank you!
    1. I don't have a "save all" option, is that important?
    2. You say you have to do this a few times a month - does it always stop on the same record? If so, is there any way to identify the problem record (the log doesn't tell me where it was when it stopped)?
    3. There are several reports of this problem - I have seen some a couple of years old - so what are the chances of RIM fixing it?
    Thanks again.
    Your welcome,

1. No
    2. Yes, always in the same records and when it's happen, I can't identify the corrupt record. I use outlook 2007. Others feedback from people experienced this are welcome.
    3. Sorry, I dont know

Good day
    hEoLzO - Montreal - Bold 9000

dhanlin no está en línea Stack level 1

Have Outlook 2003 and use latest BBDM. Recently accepted a re-occurring meeting request from Google Calendar. Caused syncing problems with BB. Deleted meeting request... sync'd no problem.

Throws the:
    in module ILXOLK.FIL at 001b:11460c03 CurrentThread:00000E7C.

pepsinpinner no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: BB Pearl not synching sporadically and stopping in the midst of synch

I've got a Pearl 8100 and had excatly this problem. It was failing at the same contact record each time. I worked out which one (by selecting details when it asks you to accept) and I realised the recoird causing the failure was one with no name in Outlook (it was my dentist, so it just had "dentist" in job title!) So I popped in the name and hey presto, it worked like a dream! So no need to uninstall, reset syncs etc etc! Hope that helsp someone!

GP20018 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the exact problem as the original post, except mine is not intermittent. It fails the same way at the same place every time.

It must be some type of corruption or unexpected data in the Outlook .OST file, because I get the same error in the same place on two machines: one with W2K and one with WXP.

Hi, I am also new to this forum but have experienced at least 3 of the issues reported above.
    I do not use BES - I access all email via the POP3 setup & sync using the USB cable into Outlook 2003.

It appears that the Blackberry sync does not like:

1) Certain reoccuring Appointments

2) Certain Calendar items with attachments, or too much text, in the "Notes" field

3) Any Contacts with attachments, or too much text, in the "Notes" field

You can identify the offending Calendar item / Contact through a somewhat laborious process. Outlook will usually recognise an issue with the item too & give an error - cut & paste all Calendar items / Contacts into a folder on your desktop. Delete all the entries from Outlook, then paste them back into Outlook - easiest to paste in half the records, see if you get an error - that tells you if the error is in the records you pasted in or the ones left to paste-in. Keep pasting half of the records that are left until you get the error - then bit by bit you will be left with the one causing the problem. Most likely it has something different about it - perhaps an attachment or a strange setting that BB cannot resolve when syncing. You can use the alternative view settings in Oulook to display the appointments/contacts in a table list - then doing a Ctrl+A selects them all so you can paste or drag & drop them into your desktop folder. You can do the same in reverse (50% at a time) & wait until you get an Outlook error.

I am hoping that RIM bring out a new version of the necessary software (desktop &/or device) as the problem does not go away & limits the way you can use Outlook on your PC if you want your Sync to work reliably.

I currently have another issue causing the Desktop Manager (V 4.2.1.8) - it keeps closing with an abnormal error without writing anything to the Event Viewer. Everything seems to be syncing OK but the error closes the DM whilst leaving several BB related processes running under Task Manager which have to be closed manually.

This morning I even got a message from Outlook telling me that "an application using Outlook had closed abnormally & access to my Outlook.pst file would be denied until all applications using Outlook had been closed" - first time I've seen that one.

When Windows XP picks up on the error, the MS error Windows comes up asking if it can report the error. If I say yes I get an option to follow an MS link which tells me "... Microsoft have been unable to make contact with RIM about the issue" !

Does make me wonder if there is some plan afoot to drive me away from BB to a Windows ME device ... !

If anyone has experienced similar issues & found a solution I'd welcome the input...

Thanks... GP
    Last edited by GP20018; 05-18-2007 at 07:03 AM.

DanielCWells no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Calendar Problem

My problem with my 8130 Pearl is that the calendar has stopped working. i've read all the threads and tried several fixes. I am now at the point my sync doesnt recognize that I want to sync my calendar even though I have it checked for sync. It goes directly to tasks and address book and completes sync fine.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by DanielCWells; 06-11-2008 at 03:50 PM.