Hey all, This is my first post from my new Blackberry!!!Yay! I'm new to this ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Fugubear no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76CC1

BB Media Manager Doesn't Work

Advertisement

Hey all,
    This is my first post from my new Blackberry!!!Yay! I'm new to this mobile stuff but I'd like to think that I'm pretty damn good with technology. Howeve, for the life of me, I cannot seem to get BB Media Manager to recognize my T-Mobile 8700g BB. I've searched high and low for answers and found absolutley no help. Desktop manager detects it fine and all. I was able to upgrade my OS last night without a problem, but I just can't seem to get Media Manager to even acknowledge that my BB exists. Any suggestions?

Bear

Posted from BB 8700g

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: BB Media Manager Doesn't Work

well from what i understand with my blackbery 8700g, i i connect it to the dm and try to open the media manager it won't allow you to. You can only do it with the pearl/curve etc... the 8700 doesn't have that capability from what i understand

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Fugubear
    Hey all,
    This is my first post from my new Blackberry!!!Yay! I'm new to this mobile stuff but I'd like to think that I'm pretty damn good with technology. Howeve, for the life of me, I cannot seem to get BB Media Manager to recognize my T-Mobile 8700g BB. I've searched high and low for answers and found absolutley no help. Desktop manager detects it fine and all. I was able to upgrade my OS last night without a problem, but I just can't seem to get Media Manager to even acknowledge that my BB exists. Any suggestions?

Bear

Posted from BB 8700g
    yeah if you want to use the media manager you need an 8100/8300/8800. 8700 does not have multimedia capabilities like that. The only reason the media manager option is there is b/c the base program is the same for an 8100/8800/8300/8700. same base desktop manager just a different set up in the alx file and such. Sorry, but Welcome to the Stacks anyway.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 08-05-2007 at 02:25 AM.

Fugubear no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76CC1

It's all good, I was just planning on using it as a faster way to send myself ringtones and background pics. I found a way to do it by sending myself webmail and downloading via Opera Mini, but I thought if i could find a faster way it would have made life a little easier. Thanks for the quick responses eh!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

No worries. Glad we could help~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~