Hi Software & Hardware OUTLOOK2007, O/S MS Vista Ultimate, BB Bold + Desktop Manager 4.7 ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Mick1959 no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Bold & sync with Outlook2007 email via USB

Advertisement

Hi

Software & Hardware
    OUTLOOK2007, O/S MS Vista Ultimate, BB Bold + Desktop Manager 4.7

I am a new owner of a Blackeberry Bold, and have changed from a PDA (o/s windows mobile).

I run my own small business, and the Bold suits all my needs in all areas except one.

Can anyone advise how I get Desktop Manager to 'Syncronise' email with Microsoft Outlook2007. By synchronise I mean by way of USB port, not over air!

On my Desktop Manager (4.7), the Reconcile Messages is greyed out and cannot be clicked

I can synchronise my Outlook Calendar, appointments, tasks, just not email.

But it will not synchronise my e-mails.

What I want to achieve is:
    emails I send when away from office are copied to my stand-alone PC in office. when I 'Synchronise' via Desktop manager.

I find this most frustrating and cannot understand why I can syncronise Outlook appointments etc, but not email via USB

I started forward, the BCC all emails to myself from my Bold, until I discovered the Auto BCC: where I set up my email with my mobile provider (vodafone. net)

But I still have to forward the messages to my self everytime I leave office, to ensure I have all information I need when on business.

This is still not Ideal.

All In want to do is plug in my USB cable and syncronise email.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Mick
    Cambridgeshire, UK

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Good Morning and Welcome to Pinstack, there is no way to sync your email via Outlook and your Blackberry via the USB. However, if it is not to much of a problem you can:

Step One:Obtain a Gmail account, Download the Google App ( to use the GMail Accounts feature). Now with that done you can Send and receive all Emails from your Gmail account from your BB Bold.

Step Two: Add a New Account to your Outlook 2007 using your Gmail Account. Now you can have all your gmail in Outlook 2007 as well as on your BB Bold...

Hope this helps!

DjSmooth

Thanks for the advice.

Is there any practical reason why email is not 'syncronised' when you connect via USB?

Seems most odd that you can 'sync' with Outlook for everything else!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Having loved Windows Mobile before my first BB, I know a bit of how you feel, but I believe that it is just an OS thing. I don't have the technical terms but I believe the OTA (Push Mail) that BB has is much better and quicker. And should you choose to use Gmail you can setup the alerts to utilize LED.

Thanks for the answer.

I do like the BB Bold and how i can respond to e-mail on the move, but it is just a right royal pain that I only wish to synchronise by USB cable, to go the long way round to acheive something that appears so simple (on basis it sync's with Outlook for everything else).

Maybe in future this capability will be offered.