It's a long time since I last contacted the list because I retired recently and ... RIM Desktop Software forum

sl2
    sl2 no está en línea Stack level 1

BB & Vista

Advertisement

It's a long time since I last contacted the list because I retired recently and 'lost' my free network connection. Anyway I am at home now and have just bought a new Dell with Vista and, of course, none of my old desktop stuff works! So I downloaded the latest version and installed it and it works, but, it won't recognize my 7100V that is still running 3.8. The reason for this is that the last BB I had completely self destructed when I tried to upgrade it and the company from which I bought it sent me a replacement with 3.8 installed and I haven't had the nerve to try up-dating it since. Any thoughts? Steve Lawson England.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: BB & Vista

From the info i gathered from RIM for vista to run DM correctly so that it can detect the phone you need a desktop manager with a v 4.2. This includes a service pack for vista to fix it. If you do not have it PC will detect phone but DM will not. I do not know if Voda has 4.2 for 7100 but i do know TMO usa does not.