I live in the UK and have the Blackberry Pearl 8100. I am having trouble ... RIM Desktop Software forum

jnayee no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204E45B8

Question BB 8100- Bluetooth Outbound not working ?!

Advertisement

I live in the UK and have the Blackberry Pearl 8100. I am having trouble with the bluetooth on the phone. I can pair up with my sony ericsson phone, and my macintosh laptop which has bluetooth also.

I can send from My Blackberry a contact/file to both the devices but cannot send anything onto the blackberry. In other words outbound using bluetooth is fine, but cannot receive any inbound onto the 8100.

Can you help with this?

Many Thanks,
    Jasu .

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: BB 8100- Bluetooth Outbound not working ?!

Try going into options, bluetooth, goto the options in the menu. Is "discoverable" set to yes or no? If it's set to no, that might be your issue, seeing you're not "pairing" with the other phone. Good luck!
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

pinkcess no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having the same problem with my Pearl - my laptop can't send anything to the Pearl but the Pearl has no problem sending things to my laptop.
    My friend has the 8700 and she can't send/receive either.
    Is this a software problem?
    What's the deal?

dudefrmzeromile no está en línea Stack level 1

hi guys..........me too having the same problem.....cant recieve any files nd pics frm my laptop......could appericiate if u all could help/

dopejack no está en línea Stack level 1

I used to have a BB 8100, and i have the bluetooh problem of receiving ringtones,games via bluetooth. I called tech service for t-mobile. I was informed that the bluetooth in the pearl was not made to recieve files , it only works outbound, not inbound. A couple of my friends with the pearl have the same problem. So its not the phone, its how RIM made to phone.

spacemonkey_no9 no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm having the same problem. My pearl bluetooths files to laptops and other mobile devices but does not recieve files at all. I cant see any logic in this. Has anyone worked out a fix or found out why the RIM folks designed the phone this way.
    This is one of the few drawbacks with the 8100, otherwise I'm delighted with this model.

EDIT: See the link below. I should have read it before posting here. Bluetooth transfers work no problem if you navigate to the relevant folder then go 'options' -> 'recieve using bluetooth'. Happy days :-)

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...h_trouble.html
    Last edited by spacemonkey_no9; 08-26-2007 at 08:31 AM.