I'm new here and to blackberry so please cut me some slack I was trying ... RIM Desktop Software forum

ripperj no está en línea Stack level 1

BB8800 PIM synch with Palm

Advertisement

I'm new here and to blackberry so please cut me some slack I was trying to follow all the threads here on synching my palm desktop data(mostly i just care about the contacts)

I just got a 8800 last week but it came with a BB manager disk dated 2006 so I downloaded from RIM the 4.2 service pack2. I don't see any "intelisynch" button, just "synchronize"

Do I have to have version 4.1 to get my contacts from my PC?

Is there not a desktop application from RIM that allows one to enter calender and contact data and then synch to the BB8800?
    The 8800 seems really cool!!!!, but I miss my palm because I am trying to learn a new job at the same time I learn a new device-I went BB because I can't have a camera at work>

Thanks much

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: BB8800 PIM synch with Palm

It looks like 4.2 doesn't support Palm Desktop (although I'm almost positive the Switch Device Wizard supports migrating from a Palm device to a BlackBerry). Desktop Manager 4.2 supports the following organizers:
    • ACT!® 4.0.2/2000/6.0 (not available to non latin 1 languages)
    • ASCII character-separated text file
    • Novell GroupWise 6.0.1/6.5.4 or higher and 7.0 (not available to non latin 1 languages)
    • IBM Lotus Notes 5.0.6 or higher, 6.0/6.5/7.0
    • IBM Lotus Organizer 6.1 (not available to non latin 1 languages)
    • Microsoft Outlook 2000/2003/XP/2007
    • Microsoft Outlook Express 5/6
    Desktop Manager 4.1 doesn't support syncing with Palm Desktop either - only migrating, and earlier versions won't work with the 8800.
    JerryD

ripperj no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: BB8800 PIM synch with Palm

WOW thanks- I did not even try the "switch device wizard" because it kind of implied that the palm device had to be windows mobile NOT TRUE. I just hot synched my Palm(Zire 72) with my palm desktop and then had both the 8800and the palm connected to the PC and BAM a few minutes later all my contact data(and a bunch of stuff i did not remember was even on there) showed up on my BB.

Caution- I had a bunch of stuff securely encryped on the palm and it comes over unprotected to the BB

Thanks a MILLION