What Is - Cannot backup or restore the following database: Address Book. The data was ... RIM Desktop Software forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Backup restore: The data was not recognized by the device

Advertisement

What Is - Cannot backup or restore the following database: Address Book. The data was not recognized by the device

When you restore the data on a BlackBerry device from a backup file, you receive the following error:

Cannot backup or restore the following database: Address Book. The data was not recognized by the device.

The backup file contains one or more address book entries with no First Name, Last Name, or Company. This backup was made from a device with a version of device software earlier than 4.1, which allowed these entries to be synchronized to the device.

It will not be possible to restore the Address Book database to a device with BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 or later.

To restore other databases in the backup file, complete the following:
    1. In Desktop Manager, open Backup and Restore.
    2. Click Advanced to restore individual databases.

dbagby3 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Re: Backup restore: The data was not recognized by the device

Do you know if the address book will be restored wirelessly? ie: I've got a BB 7520 that I switching over to a new BB 7520 it's on a BES server but sometimes there is a delay with our IT dept re-entering a user so in the meantime I like to try & restore as much info as possible for our engineers to alleviate downtime. But I'm having the trouble with the address book transferring, "data not recognized", so I just want to make sure it's not lost forever.

topiwala no está en línea Stack level 1

Data not recognized while backup up Messages dB

Hello, wondered if anyone else came across the same error but with the Messages database ?

Is it safe to assume that there is an offending message in the Message database ? If so, how could I find it to delete it ?

Or, is there another way aside from not backing up the Messages database to ignore the error and continue with a full backup of all dB's ?

Please help and thank you in advance, Shailan

p.s. Version 4.3 of Desktop Manager and device is an 8830.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    THe best option ( the one I use) is to click advanced in back up and resore and do a selective back up. I ONLY back up addressbook, calander, notes and browser book marks. this keeps you form backing up OS errors. As I delete messages as I go I never need to back them up. This keeps device memory fairly clean
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")