Was removing two themes from my 8320 (OS 4.5) using DM 4.5 when apploader froze... ... RIM Desktop Software forum

dd1968 no está en línea Stack level 2

Apploader freeze now apps working but not showing???

Advertisement

Was removing two themes from my 8320 (OS 4.5) using DM 4.5 when apploader froze... waited ages (an hour and a half) with no movement and had to end task DM using windows task manager.

The phone rebooted and everything seems fine, the two themes are no longer there and I have a larger file free (19mb) all pre-installed and 3rd party apps work fine.

Decided to run apploader again (to make sure everything was actually ok) and it doesn't loads with things loke tasks, englosh lang support, memo's etc unticked as if i've requested to remove them.
    It also doesn't recognise half of the third party apps or themes on the device...

Also... when go to options > advanced options > applications, it only shows that Blackberry core applications, email set up app, and one 3rd pty app "metro london" are all that is installed. I have most of the pre-installed apps and a few 3rd party apps (google maps, docs to go, opera, 3 themes) all installed and working fine.

Now here is the question...
    Is this common, and is there an easy and reliable fix?
    or
    Will a restore fix this?

Thing is the phone works fine, just the way I like it and my file free space is more than acceptable.
    And unless someone brings out a stand alone PDF viewer for pdf's on your SD card - or some other amazing app i can't think of yet, I can't see that I want to take the risk of messing things up further to fix something that isn't causing a problem (apart from not being able to use apploader etc)???

Of course if something else messes up and I need to do a restore etc then thats different, but at the moment...?

Anybody?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I'd say try re-installing your OS on your computer. or DM, a simple re-installation may clear all of your problems.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

dd1968 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yeah, done the re-install of DM and numerous battery pulls to no effect.

Was hoping to avoid the OS re-install as I've heard about problems updating docs to go a second time and I really use this app (that and html mail was the only reason to UG for me)...

That would do it but was hoping there was a work around.