I successfully uploaded an .alx file (theme) to the application loader. I moved through the ... RIM Desktop Software forum

nucmanchh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20671BF5

Application Loader Problem

Advertisement

I successfully uploaded an .alx file (theme) to the application loader. I moved through the wizard and when I reach the end not only was I going to add a new theme but the wizard informed me -- Unrecognized modules that will be removed: icons

I didn't add the .alx file because I didn't think I would be happy if I removed icons from my device. Anyone have any ideas what is going on here. If I don't get this corrected I guess any further applications will have to be OTA

Thanks!

nucmanchh

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    well it does that when you have removed something by using delete option on your phone and the module is still there, or if you had previously uploaded a vendor theme from a different carrier like for example if you have an att phone and you had unlocked tmobile themes/icons if you edit the blackberry.alx file to remove those themes it will delete those icons. I was actually workin on removin att icons off mine right now and it did that. IF this doesn't make sence or is not the case it might be for some other reason. Hope this help if not somebody else that has a better idea help out..

PIN/ID
    20671BF5

icons

Interestingly it turns out I was adding a theme I purchased a few months ago on a BB 8800 I owned. But it went south and AT&T replaced it with another BB 8800. Same carrier.

So what do you suggest i do? Can I correct this?

PIN/ID
    20671BF5
    Will it remove all the icons on my device on just the ones from the theme?

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by nucmanchh View Post
    Will it remove all the icons on my device on just the ones from the theme?
    it will remove the ones for that theme that normally wouldn't be there since your using that carrier. Like I have a red 8310att but i have to unlock the tmo themes so i can use their icons. So you should be ok check which theme or app is trying to remove before you finish removing it on your phone go to options/ advance options / applications and it should have a list of all the apps you have and click on the themes and it should have at the botton the module for each app and see which module matches the one that DM is trying to remove if you wanna make sure you are not removing something you really need before it is removed.

PIN/ID
    20671BF5
    Went to options/ advance options / applications but I can't seem to match the application module with message that says Unrecognized modules that will be removed: icons

any suggestions from here

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by nucmanchh View Post
    Went to options/ advance options / applications but I can't seem to match the application module with message that says Unrecognized modules that will be removed: icons

any suggestions from here
    sorry so its that what it says at the bottom where it says that it just going to remove those modules it doesnt' actually give you a module name?
    in that case it might be something you had already deleted or that is not supposed to be there. I would just remove it since it won't really do any harm to your device.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

In the window that shows all the apps installed can you scroll down and find something that says icons? Maybe it was the name of a previous theme that you installed?

PIN/ID
    20671BF5
    FYI--Turns out it was a 3rd party app I just purchased (Journal Bar). I went ahead and ran the DM after getting some help from this thread (thanks!) DM removed Journal Bar from my device so I went back and downloaded it again--OTA-- like I did the first time. For the heck-of-it I connected my BB 8800 and ran the Application Loader again. Same thing: Will remove unrecognized module: icons.

Interesting. I've never had this problem with an OTA download before but I'm not sure that is the issue. Could that be the issue? DM doesn't recognize b/c it was an OTA?

PIN/ID
    20671BF5
    To answer your question cherrichiodo, no, nothing says "icons" in the list of apps