Hi everybody, I decided to switch from WM to BB and bought the new blackberry ... RIM Desktop Software forum

altair79 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Application loader not working

Advertisement

Hi everybody,

I decided to switch from WM to BB and bought the new blackberry 8310 with french vodaphone operator (SFR). Phone is perfect but the app loader doesn't work. I downloaded the latest DM from blackberry site and i keep having the same message : "no app found for my device" when i click on the add button... Helppppp !!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Application loader not working

Bonjour, Welcome to PinStack .

You have found a common problem. What you need to do is go to the RIM Download section for your Carrier, you can find the link in this thread, BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites, and download your 8130 Software. Once downloaded you will need to execute the downloaded file to install it on your PC. That will solve the "No App Found" error.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

And check out our forum for French speaking members, Francophone de BlackBerry

Rcbjr .
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ok thanks, i read the french forum - quite useful ! Sadly sfr is not listed in the thread...
    Now i managed to activate my BIS account but still waiting for the connection settings. SFR doesn't seem to be really ready for BB service...

petewaugh no está en línea Stack level 1

Interestingly, I had the same issue with my vodafone uk 8310. So I downloaded the latest vodafone uk os from RIM and sure enough desktop manager works fine now.

Unfortunately, this also removed the vodafone telmap application which is preinstalled and comes with 12 month free licence. I phoned Telmap and they said they couldn't help me. I've spoken to vodafone customer support and technical services. They say it's a RIM problem and can't understand that it's clearly something they've installed as part of the badging process. Currently going round in circles!

I've downloaded the trial version from Telmap which gives me 14 days to sort this out. Any suggestions welcome,

regards.

crazypandas no está en línea Stack level 2

Hello,

I have the same issue as the OP and I have downloaded the latest software for my BB 8310 from the proper service provider. I still get the "no additional apps for your device were found" message. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Bonjour, Welcome to PinStack .

You have found a common problem. What you need to do is go to the RIM Download section for your Carrier, you can find the link in this thread, and download your 8130 Software. Once downloaded you will need to execute the downloaded file to install it on your PC. That will solve the "No App Found" error.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

And check out our forum for French speaking members,

Rcbjr .

I solved my problem ! I just didn't have the handled os installed. SFR doesn't appear in the operator list on blackberry site, you have to go there in sfrentreprises site: /tpe-pme/solutions-data/acces-messagerie/portail/BlackBerry/logiciel-terminal/
    (sorry couldn't post url)

strange and hard to find...

jcdelong no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi! I'm also having this problem. I did as suggested (dl my device software and installed it) but still can't load apps??????

929kneedragger no está en línea Stack level 1
    I downloaded the US Cellular software and executed it and got the msg that the file was not a valid win32 application?