Since my last reinstall of the desktop software (v4.2, previous was 4.1 which was uninstalled ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Hamu no está en línea Stack level 1

Application loader missing

Advertisement

Since my last reinstall of the desktop software (v4.2, previous was 4.1 which was uninstalled weeks ago) I am missing the application loader icon. when I open the Desktop software I can't find any reference to the App loader. Only icons that are visible are Backup and restore - Email settings - Media Manager - Switch Device - Synchronize

Does anybody know how to get the app loader back in the icons? already tried several reinstalls to no avail.

I also know there was an alternative app loader which you could start by .exe somewhere on your computer, though I can't seem to ocate it again.

thnx for help

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: Application loader missing

I would try uninstalling it, going into REGEDIT and looking for anything associated with Desktop manager

here is the latest 4.2 SP 2 and then reinstall: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...bbfb211a4069TR
    Michael

Followed you advice and removed my 4.2 sp1, rebooted, cleaned out registry and installed the sp2.

though at the moment still no change

hm, probably just a policy that is in effect so only OTA soft can be installed.

and for all the people that are having the same problem, here is the work around:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe

athensoh no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same problem, but then I remembered that my spyware suite recently disabled some loader.exe program. I guessed it removed the BB Application loader, so I run repair for the Dektop Manager installation (you may need the original CD or downloaded installer of DM), and it did fix the problem.

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sorry to raise a dead subject, but I've been uninstalling and reinstalling DM every time I need to D/L something via the Application Loader (4.3). This has been going on forever. I uninstalled Spybot, which I thought was the culprit, but still have the same problem. I've tried all the suggestions posted above, but not home-run. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
    Lis
    Lis (not dead, but Berried)
    Music is feelings unspoken.

D2S2P no está en línea Stack level 1
    If you are in a BES (corporate) environment, this is due to a policy on the server (Desktop-Only Items, Show Application Loader)

No, I'm not on a BES. And I've tried loading older and newer DMs. App Loader is always there the first time I open the app. But on subsequent openings its missing. My spyware app is BitDefender, but if I turn it off the same occurs. It's like my PC just doesn't like the App Loader for some reason. ???

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    On your personal computer
    1. Start Microsoft® Windows Explorer.
    2. Go to the Application Loader default installation location found in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.
    3. Double-click Loader.exe. You can now use Application Loader.

Loader.exe is not there. ????