I have looked all over here, on the Rim site and Blackberryforums. I cannot find ... RIM Desktop Software forum

lawizard no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242965bf

Question App Loader keeps disappearing

Advertisement

I have looked all over here, on the Rim site and Blackberryforums. I cannot find anything that helps with this.

I have downloaded the each new desktop version and after a few days, my app loader disappears from the desktop manager. I have redownloaded the software and moved a copy of the app loader to my documents file, to my desktop, to a variety of different places hoping to keep the thing from disappearing. It still disappears.

I have windows vista ultimate on this computer. My handheld is 8700C. I have AT&T as my provider. I have an unlimited BB plan and no BES. What is going on?

Suggestions please. :cry:
    Last edited by lawizard; 08-20-2007 at 12:34 PM. Reason: left out bb information
    So many gadgets, so little time. Sigh!

Lawizard

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: App Loader keeps disappearing

Howdy Lawizard, when your app loader is missing from the desktop manager, is it still available in
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader? It will be named Loader.exe.

PIN/ID
    242965bf

ma077146 - Thanks for the suggestion.

I have gone back to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader? in order to find the file Loader.exe and each time it is missing. I do this first before I try anything else. Why it disappears from the Common Files and everywhere else is still a mystery. I don't do anything but close my computer and then it seems to be gone.

Can you suggest anything else?

Lawizard

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

This sounds like a tough one. Have you contacted customer service with your vendor? They will have access to technical support at RIM/BlackBerry.

When you have time, call your vendor and describe the problem to them. They'll want to know what operating system you have. They'll probably have one of their technical support folks talk to you. Describe in detail what is happening.

Emphasize you want to talk to RIM technical support. Since your user name seems to indicate you work in some sort of legal field, you don't need any points on negotiating from me!

If you think about it, the core of your issue seems to be a failure of the Desktop Manager and it's components to install and remain on the PC within the Operating System. RIM thoroughly tests their applications with all potentially compatible Operating Systems prior to release. They'll be interested in knowing about any potential new problem you may have inadvertantly found. Best to you in getting this resolved.
    Last edited by ma077146; 08-21-2007 at 10:54 AM.

PIN/ID
    242965bf

Thank you. I'll give them a call now. I just logged back on to my office computer only to find that AppLoader has disappeared yet again.

Lawizard