Hi, I am aware there are a number of people writing about this issue (I ... RIM Desktop Software forum

alihawk no está en línea Stack level 1

Annoying emails

Advertisement

Hi,

I am aware there are a number of people writing about this issue (I am getting loads of emails to my Outlook client from network@etp04.etp.eu.blackberry.net).

I installed the desktop software in order to put software onto various BB's. I first installed the desktop manager software, and selected the Enterprise Server option. Since then I receive one of these mails about every 10 mins! I've tried completely removing and reinstalling using the Blackberry internet service option, but I'm still getting these msgs!

I don't even own a BB, I'm just connecting up various users BB's to put on software.

Please can someone tell me how to stop these msgs from appearing in my Outlook client!

Thanks,

Al.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Annoying emails

You've set up Desktop Manager incorrectly. There are a couple of ways you can do this. You could have tried to do an Enterprise Activation without a BES server or set up Desktop Redirector incorrectly. See:
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2028788334

Messages received from a sender that begins with network@etp for one of the following reasons:
    • Wireless enterprise activation is occurring.
    • BlackBerry Desktop Redirector is sending or receiving a message.
    If you receive an email message from a sender that begins with network@etp and are not completing an enterprise activation or using BlackBerry Desktop Redirector to send and receive email messages, contact your service provider for more information.
    More information is needed to assist further. Are you on a Corporate or Hosted BES? Are you trying to run the Desktop Redirector? Or just BIS - standard POP / Web email?
    JerryD

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

On your BB, you need to go to Options/advanced Options/service Book and delete any that has [DESKTOP]

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rcmpayne no está en línea Stack level 1

Redirector will only work with Microsoft Exchange ONLY if you have a POP, IMAP account you should not have Redirector installed, To check if you have redirector installed open Desktop manger and look to see if you have a icon that says Email Settings or redirector settings if so uninstall and reinstall Desktop manger Using BIS

also if you have Desktop [] Service Book you can open it up and check the UID is it shows a email address you have redirector installed a number it's a BES server.