I have search countless forums trying to find a way to install aol instant messenger ... RIM Desktop Software forum

dopejack no está en línea Stack level 1

Aim Aol Instant messenger for Curve 8300

Advertisement

I have search countless forums trying to find a way to install aol instant messenger onto my curve. I ran out of luck. however i tried Jivetalk beejive.com a 3rd party software for aim,msn, yahoo. It works like a charm. There is a 30 day trail period. Im pleased with it. It works better than the preinstalled software i once had with my pearl. I hate the aim on my pearl, i had a long delay and sometimes instant messeges wont go thru. There is a small fee for jivetalk. its 20 bucks, 30 if you want to transfer license. Compared to Im+($50) its a bargain. if anyone can get the actually aim software, let me know . thanks.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Aim Aol Instant messenger for Curve 8300

Dopejack your best bet is JiveTalk in my opinion.

Although if you're looking for a free version then you may want to look into Nimbuzz, EQO, or Ramble.

I don't think the actual client is working for blackberrys at all.

Hope this helps. Good Luck

dopejack no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Aim Aol Instant messenger for Curve 8300

thanks red dog. im going to give nimbuzz eqo and ramble a shot. I'll update in a couple of days on my results.

lalanette no está en línea Stack level 1

Question AIM and Yahoo! IM text appears backwards

Hey!! SO this is odd....does anyone have any idea why the text when sending IM would appear backwards, in both the AIM and Yahoo IM? Its a BB 8320 with T-Mo. When i try to enter text in the little text line at the bottom of the screen nothing shows but after sending the messages it appears in the conversation but comes up backwards the person the other end is also seeing it backwards. I'm drawing a blank i have tried reloading software and also have ever had the device exchange but still the issue goes on. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know!! Thanks!!