I have an 8700g. I'm looking for desktop software that I can make entries to ... RIM Desktop Software forum

shawnlesky no está en línea Stack level 1

address book software

Advertisement

I have an 8700g. I'm looking for desktop software that I can make entries to the address book from a desktop computer and later sync with the address book on the BlackBerry.

It's too hard to type hundreds of names into the BlackBerry when I can type nearly 100 words a minute on a standard keyboard.

Is there software that does this?

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: address book software

Outlook Express works just fine for this. Just put all your address book entries into Outlook and sync it to your bb.
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Where can I get outlook for Blackberry? I'm not a rich man. shawn@lesky.org

...and exactly how is it done. I don't need the idiot's guide, just a simple couple steps to get started.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

shawn, you don't get Outlook for your Blackberry, you get it for your PC. Outlook is a Microsoft software email and PIM application is part of MS Office. You should be able to get Outlook Express for cheap, don't know where, maybe a download from the MS Website, but it only has email and Contacts, I think. And there are other PIM applications that sync with the BB though Desktop Manager. With DM 4.2 you can even sync with a Text file and import it into Excel, if you have that, for editing.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

shawn, what do you do at present to synch PC info to your BB? What contacts software are you using? I used to use Outlook Express for emails and stuff pre-BB and did quite a lot of work to load Outlook instead of Outlook Express. As cp said above, it works great. I believe Lotus is quite good as well.

rd_Shady no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23fb536f

Help please.
    Hi All..
    New to the Black berry ..I have the Pearl. was wondering is there any instructions on Syncing Microsoft outlook to the BB.. looked at each icon to sync to the BB on outlook but there was no indications of syncing or instructions on syncing in outlook in the help index.