Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hello, i am trying to make a backup (auto backup, or manual doesnt matter) using ... RIM Desktop Software forum

luckman_212 no está en línea Stack level 1

4.5.0.52 + DM 4.5 + 8310 = can't backup!?!

Advertisement

hello,
    i am trying to make a backup (auto backup, or manual doesnt matter) using DM 4.5 and OS 4.5.0.52 on my bb8310 at&t. I keep getting stuck at this one point:

it says "unknown error" (useless!!) on certain databases. so far it is mainly "calendar options" and "key store _________" as shown below. So I can't make a successful backup or enable auto backups which sucks bigtime.

anyone else have this issue or have a workaround for it? I tried going into advanced and backing up the individual databases and while that works (sorta) it is super tedious as there are like 7 or 8 db's that refuse to back up. I also tried rebooting both the phone and the desktop computer. Desktop is running vista 32bit sp1. any ideas?? thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 07-12-2008 at 11:38 AM. Reason: resized image; too large

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Yes, go back to using desktop manager 4.3 and it will work.

is that really the only solution?? is anyone else having this issue? so am I supposed to understand that RIM has released a final / release version of DM4.5 that is incapable of backing up the device?? that doesn't seem right.............. ??

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    I did not say it was the only solution. You asked if anyone else was having this issue, I said yes. I also offered another solution which is to go back to 4.3 if you need to back up the BB.

If someone else has a cure I would welcome it very much since I also would like to use DM 4.5

SebasC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FAAC32
    Other problem with DM4.5 you CANT downgrade the OS or ADD other first party apps again.. (Like BB Messenger)

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree i had to uninstall DM4.5 and everything with rim on my pc. Which caused to reload DM 4.3 and the OS for 8310 for vada... Then I reloaded it to my phone which made me so mad because I lost my license for Doc to go the premium one... that sucked...

ixtab no está en línea Stack level 3
    luckman_212, did you end up downgrading to DTM 4.3? did it (or another path) resolve your issue?
    I am having the same thing with my 8820.

Thanks,
    Ix.

no I never solved it, I am waiting for a new BB desktop mgr 4.6 which I can't find. And I wanted to try with OS 4.5.0.55 GSM which I also can't find. So....

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckman_212 View Post
    no I never solved it, I am waiting for a new BB desktop mgr 4.6 which I can't find. And I wanted to try with OS 4.5.0.55 GSM which I also can't find. So....
    To my knowledge, neither of those release is out yet. I may not be up to date - I'm pretty sure DM 4.6 isn't out and haven't heard of any official or unofficial OS 4.5.0.55 either.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

As far as I know version 4.6.0 Desktop Manager Bundle 8 is available to partners and/or in the wild.

Don't know about partners - I get all my info here. At least I know I'm legal iif I get it from Pinstack. Thanks.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I just tested a backup with DM 4.6.B0008 and I get the same Unknown Error in the middle of the process :-(
    So it seems DM4.6 is not going to help.

JoeyStyles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2448ED5B
    4.6 just came out today from vodafone here is the link http://www.vodafone.de/hilfe-support...14_131788.html

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStyles View Post
    4.6 just came out today from vodafone here is the link http://www.vodafone.de/hilfe-support...14_131788.html
    Wonder if I can (successfully) skip from DM 4.3 to 4.6? DM 4.5 wasn't too successful in my world. I'll be interested to see how 4.6 works.

JoeyStyles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2448ED5B
    it looks the same as 4.5 i dont see any difference and i skipped from 4.3 to 4.6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast