Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

loaded 4.2 for the 8100 and getting the following error as soon as I connect ... RIM Desktop Software forum

terazzi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23cd4562

4.2 Visual C++ runtime library error

Advertisement

loaded 4.2 for the 8100 and getting the following error as soon as I connect the device, enter in my lotus notes password. then the device password and then thats when the error occurrs (right after device password). dm is not set to auto sync anything.

"visual c++ runtime library runtime error desktpmgr.exe. abnormal program termination"

i even tried it without the 8100 connected to the usb and any dm icon i click on gives me this error. i tried the visual basic library update from microsoft, reinstalled 4.2, rebooted etc..etc.. and the same error everytime.

ok so now i removed 4.2 and loaded 4.1.1.9 dm and i can connect the 8100 and sync without any issues but application loader reports no system software was found for your device and when i select and try to load any .alx file i get this error.

"no additional applications designed for your device were found"

i have read alot about this runtime error but i have yet to find a solution for this. hoping someone out there can help me out. i have this cool 8100 and i cant load anything on it thru either version of desktop manager but at least i configured it (w/4.1.1.9) and got my lotus notes email and calendar working though...

specs.
    dell latitude 1100
    xp
    lotus notes 7.0.1
    500mb
    60gig hd
    bes v4.1
    desktop manager 4.2.1.0 / 4.1.1.9
    Last edited by terazzi; 10-20-2006 at 12:41 PM.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: 4.2 Visual C++ runtime library error

Bumping you back up to the front page. Hopefully some one will be able to help you.

ajpoyer no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anyone found out a solution for this error? Trying to sync a users Pearl and are having the same issues as above. If I click on cancel for the password prompt I can get in and put his backup on his new BB but anytime the password is entered we get the above mentioned errors.

Any ideas?

beattisj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3013da9d

Has anyone found and answer or work around for this problem. I am having the same problem with a 7130e and 4.1

ggilmour no está en línea Stack level 1

Having the same issue and of couse the support at nextel immediately blamed the desktop OS and referred me to Microsoft. I have more hope of winning a billion than I do of getting someone at MS to assist. In the interim I have two users that get this message on a 7250 with DM 4.1.

Thanks

beattisj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3013da9d

Ok, this is how I got around the problem, completely unistalled the desktop manager. Go to the Blackberry Site Knowledge Base and search Article Number:KB-02206

reinstalled older version 4.0 every thing works like a charm. Hope this helps

anigam no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: 4.2 Visual C++ runtime library error

This error is occurring for a different reason for me.

Ithappens with Goolge Calendar also!

When I added an entry to MS Outtlook 2003 XP, the Visual C++ runtime library error occurs.

Removing the entry from Outlook solves the issue. Took me forever to solve, but it is it

Anu

Toonarmy no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up C++ Runtime Error Fix

Terrazzi,

I had these exact same problems - identical.

Spent 2 days messing about with Vodafone and they escalated it to RIM. I now have the fix.

I am running BES 2.2.7.12 and was getting the C++ runtime error when launching Desktop Manager. My device is a 8100 Pearl. Anyways, check the attached .txt file. It worked a treat for me and all is good in the world again

Oh you need Domino Designer to carry out the instructions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Toonarmy, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for the information. Is that BES version correct, 2.2.7.12? Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

terazzi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23cd4562
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonarmy
    Terrazzi,

Spent 2 days messing about with Vodafone and they escalated it to RIM. I now have the fix.

I am running BES 2.2.7.12 and was getting the C++ runtime error when launching Desktop Manager. My device is a 8100 Pearl. Anyways, check the attached .txt file. It worked a treat for me and all is good in the world again

thanks Toonarmy - I am assuming you need access to the BES server (which I do not have - im just a lonely user). I will forward this to the admin. Im crossing my fingers......

BooYau no está en línea Stack level 1

Awsome!

Quote Originally Posted by Toonarmy
    Terrazzi,

This worked perfectly!! Great job!!

kbuttler no está en línea Stack level 1
    So there is no fix for those of us that don't have access to the BES? I have the 8100 Pearl, and need to run Desktop Manager 4.2 (this is required or it won't see the device). Therefore, I can't uninstall and reinstall older version as an earlier post suggested. I've reinstalled desktop manager several times, removed registry entries, etc. Still can't get past this error! I'm running Notes 6.5. Any other suggestions??

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    kbuttler, Welcome to PinStack.

Your Profile indicates that you are on a BES. Is the problem occurring on your Work Computer that is connected to the BES or on a Personal PC that is not? If the former, I would contact my BB Admin and get them to fix the problem. If the Latter, I'm not sure what else you can do. What version of Windows is running on the latter?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

kbuttler no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks. Yes, this is occurring on my work computer connected to the BES. I've got a note into the help desk here at work. I'm running XP, by the way. I've scoured the internet and the only fix appears to be the one offered by Toonarmy on the BES...rats!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    But then again, that's probably the solution to your problem. Point your BB Admin to the solution provided above, and let them worry about fixing it. They are the ones that need to correct the problem. It's really out of your hands.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast