loaded 4.2 for the 8100 and getting the following error as soon as I connect ... RIM Desktop Software forum

ajpoyer no está en línea Stack level 1

4.2 issues with Pearl

Advertisement

loaded 4.2 for the 8100 and getting the following error as soon as I connect the device, enter in my lotus notes password. then the device password and then thats when the error occurrs (right after device password). dm is not set to auto sync anything.

"visual c++ runtime library runtime error desktpmgr.exe. abnormal program termination"

i even tried it without the 8100 connected to the usb and any dm icon i click on gives me this error. i tried the visual basic library update from microsoft, reinstalled 4.2, rebooted etc..etc.. and the same error everytime.

ok so now i removed 4.2 and loaded 4.1.1.9 dm and i can connect the 8100 and sync without any issues but application loader reports no system software was found for your device and when i select and try to load any .alx file i get this error.

"no additional applications designed for your device were found"

i have read alot about this runtime error but i have yet to find a solution for this. hoping someone out there can help me out. i have this cool 8100 and i cant load anything on it thru either version of desktop manager but at least i configured it (w/4.1.1.9) and got my lotus notes email and calendar working though...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 4.2 issues with Pearl

ajpoyer, Welcome to PinStack.

Can't help with the Pearl, but wanted to bump this back up on the list for others to see.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

forest007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ajpoyer
    loaded 4.2 for the 8100 and getting the following error as soon as I connect the device, enter in my lotus notes password. then the device password and then thats when the error occurrs (right after device password). dm is not set to auto sync anything.

"visual c++ runtime library runtime error desktpmgr.exe. abnormal program termination"

i even tried it without the 8100 connected to the usb and any dm icon i click on gives me this error. i tried the visual basic library update from microsoft, reinstalled 4.2, rebooted etc..etc.. and the same error everytime.

ok so now i removed 4.2 and loaded 4.1.1.9 dm and i can connect the 8100 and sync without any issues but application loader reports no system software was found for your device and when i select and try to load any .alx file i get this error.

"no additional applications designed for your device were found"

i have read alot about this runtime error but i have yet to find a solution for this. hoping someone out there can help me out. i have this cool 8100 and i cant load anything on it thru either version of desktop manager but at least i configured it (w/4.1.1.9) and got my lotus notes email and calendar working though...
    Hi,

I'm getting the "no additional applications designed for your device were found" error also. I'm new to Blackberry and would really appreciate any help with this. Can't seem to find any solution anywhere on the internet. Has anyone figured this out yet?

Thanks

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Hey Guys, Try downloading and installing on the PC, the operating system file for you BB, Not having this on the PC has caused this indication before.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

terazzi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23cd4562
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Hey Guys, Try downloading and installing on the PC, the operating system file for you BB, Not having this on the PC has caused this indication before.

Rcbjr.
    which file would that be? if your referring to the rimusb.sys file, that gets installed with dm v4.2

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by terazzi
    which file would that be? if your referring to the rimusb.sys file, that gets installed with dm v4.2
    No, it would be the Operating System .exe file, either on your CD rom or one that is downloaded from the carriers BB Downloads page. It has a filename similar to this, 8700E_PBr4[1].1.0_rel175_PL2.0.0.90_A4.1.0.194_Cingular.exe except it would have your model number and your carriers name in it.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

rstevens1977 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E22023

Rcbjr:

My name is Ryan and I'm the rookie of the group. I tried downloading this from the T-Mobile website prior to checking on here. Kept getting [FONT=Century Gothic]"Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]" during the Connecting to the device ROM step. I then removed that and loaded the file from the CD that came with the phone (same file, OF COURSE) and that didn't work either. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    -Ryan
    [/FONT]

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

rstevens1977, Welcome to PinStack.

I haven't seen this problem myself but I think someone had teh same problem. I would try uninstalling the OS (not Desktop Manager) from your PC and re-install from a completly new download.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

freehat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E92305

Hi, I am experiencing the problem originally described in this post and the answer makes no sense to me. I have a pearl (8100) and use at&t previously cingular. If that solution were to work, I still have no idea where to find that file you mention. PLease, let me know if anyone has come up with a solution to this that was explained. thanks

mannyshergill no está en línea Stack level 1

hi guys, i have another problem...i went to application loader and i downloaded the color pearl, so i clicked finish and i think it deleted some things....now i cant listen to music...it says that it cannot display the media file...can someone PLEASE tell me how to fix this!!!

deepee75 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi folks. I'm having the same problem w/ installing 3rd party apps (.alx files) from desktop mgr 4.2.2. I went to Blackberry's website. In the Blackbery Tech Solution Center, I came across Doc ID #KB14450...
    [FONT=Arial]Unable to load third-party applications onto the BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2.2[/FONT]

Anyone know of a fix for this???

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

move the file to a different place on your PC then try and load it again...should find it.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Welcome to PinStack deepee75.

Thanks for pointing out the Blackberry BTSC Knowledge Base article. That is great that a first time poster does that. Since you can't add links yet, I'll post the link for you.

KB14450

And I will point out, it is not limited to the single Desktop Manager listed in the KB.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

deepee75 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks RCB!

allisoncrossley no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242062A2

Can anyone help in resolving this error i keep gettin when trying to upgrade OS from v4.1 to v4.2

Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]