Good day, I have TWO BlackBerry Phones, both are the same model. I using desktop ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Duane no está en línea Stack level 1

2 BlackBerry using 1 Outlook 2003, how to setup files?

Advertisement

Good day, I have TWO BlackBerry Phones, both are the same model. I using desktop manager to send both BlackBerry’s PIMs to Outlook 2003. I don’t have Microsoft Exchange, so all PIMs are stored in Outlook 2003’s calenda, all together.

Now, I made another calender, is ther any possible I can seperate PIMs without MS Exchange. Like 1st BlackBerry send and recive PIM to Outlook 2003 Calender 1, and 2nd BlackBerry send and receive PIM to Outlook 2003 Calender 2?

On CD Disk, it said this can be done with MS Exchange Sever, by adding different file for different user.

Does anyone can jump MS Exchange?

Thank you very much!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 2 BlackBerry using 1 Outlook 2003, how to setup files?

You say two BlackBerries and one Outlook, but more to the point are the Email addresses they're using!

You can set up Outlook with multiple Profiles, and you might be able to set up Desktop Manager to associate one BlackBerry with one profile and the other BlackBerry to associate with the other Outlook profile - but I've never tried that. Desktop manager might balk, but it's worth a try.

However, it's unclear what exactly you're trying to accomplish. You need to be more specific. Do you want the BlakcBerries to share PIM data? Email addresses? Understand that if you only have one Outlook profile, Desktop Manager will NOT allow you to associate two BlackBerry PINs to one Profile. The same is true for a BES setup - one PIN, one mailbox.

Clarify your needs a bit more.
    JerryD

Thank you jdellasala.
    There are three computers in the office, one desktop [for front-desk], top laptops for officer.
    Each officer has one BlackBerry, the front-desk computer stores all dates(dates for Officer A and Officer B).
    At the end of the day, Officer A and Officer B like to plug their BlackBerries on the Front-Desk computer, and they like: Officer A's dates transfer to Officer A's BlackBerry, Officer B's dates only to Officer B's BlackBerry.

Do I have to setup TWO files in MS Outlook 2003?

Thank you very much!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

The short answer is yes - you need to set up two "files" - the correct term is Outlook Profiles - on the front desk computer, and as I said this should work, but I've never tried it.

I assume you are NOT in an Exchange environment and that there's "no money" for a better solution. However, you really should look into a hosted Exchange/BES setup for the two or three people in question (the third presumably being the person that sits at the front desk that enters this information). You can give the front desk person rights to the other two calendars so they could enter appointments in either, or set up "Meeting Requests" for both (appointments emailed out).

So assuming you don't go that route, and DM behaves as I think it will, you'd need to set up two Outlook Profiles for the two Officers, and NOT set a default Profile when Desktop Manager starts so that you can select which profile to use. However, with this setup, you'll have two calendars to maintain. If it all works as I think it should, DM will ask which Outlook Profile to use when it starts, and maintain which BlackBerry to associate that profile with, and synchronize with that profile.
    JerryD

Thank you jdellasala again!

It's a good solution, i'll have a try, and then let you know!

Thank you for replying and showing me solutions.

aalbert4u no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a work blackberry 8300 and a personal blackberry bold. I love the wireless exchange server that keeps my contacts up to speed. Is it possible to have the exchange server direct my work email to both blackberries?