Hello Everyone! I recently upgraded to a BB 8330 Curve. How we have two of ... RIM Desktop Software forum

bbpearldude no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 2 BB 8330's & 1 Desktop Mgr

Advertisement

Hello Everyone! I recently upgraded to a BB 8330 Curve. How we have two of the same phones sharing one pc. I know you cannot sync two phones at the same time. So, my question is can the Desktop Manager distinguish between the two phones or do I have to download another Desktop Manager? My concern is that our phone information might get crossed between the two phones. Also, when I do a backup how do I know which backup is mine. I've only noticed from the previous backups that it only lists them using the dates they are backed-up. Is there a way to change the backup name?

Thanks in advance for all your input regarding this matter.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You can use the same DM for both devices. The easiest way I have found to tell the difference in backups is to add my wife's name to the backup file from her BB when saving it. That way I have my none edited back-up and hers. The only issue I ever had was when syncing with outlook. She ended up with all my contacts because I forgot to set it not to sync. I am sure there is a way around this but someone else will have to explain it.

Thumbs up

ModernCowboy, Thanks! for the feedback and solving my problem. I did not know you could add names to the backup files.

In regards to syncing contacts with Outlook, do you know if I would experience the same problems as you did if we each signed-on our pc using different screens?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That's the best way IMO, My wife and I have separate user profiles and it works perfectly that why. Just make sure when you installed DM you allow it to be used by all users.

Smile

ModernCowboy, Thanks! again. Your experience and knowledge, I'm sure has helped informed others as well as myself in troubleshooting our BB's. Keep up the great work!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Glad I was able to help.