Hi all.. great forum. It seems that every time dtm sync's with the bb, it ... RIM Desktop Software forum
1 item can never synch
Hi all.. great forum. It seems that every time dtm sync's with the bb, it always says 1 item could not sync, please check the log file. When I look at the log file, nothing stands out at me to tell me whats wrong. Or perhaps it's this READ "<Unspecified>". Is this my problem when I sync my contacts and if so how do I fix it?
Do you have a contact with special characters in it or have you tried only syncing your address book, or you calendar, one section at a time until you get the error?
hmm that I don't know b/c I have some 50 contacts. I only sync the address book for now, which is giving me that 1 problem.
See if you have a contact with a special character in it, unlike any other, and see if you have a contact without a name or business name. Also check to see if you have any "custom" entries for that contact. It doesn't like something in that one contact, whichever one it might be.
Yea I'm so hard trying to find it. Thank you very much for suggestions.
Go into outlook.
Go into your contacts.
Go into Phone List view.
Scroll to the very top.
You probably have the first line blank. Delete it, then try and resync.
Thanks n8dbb.. There wasn't a record that was blank. But i did find the problem. It was 1 contact for whatever reason causing the problem. It looks fine, a name and phone number, thats it. I deleted it and the problem went away. I wish that the DTM could have told me which contact it was that was failing. I had to go and sync by process of elimination. In any case its resolved. Thank you both for your help.
No problem, glad you got it fixed...
Welcome to the "Stacks"
Tags for this Thread