Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Desktop Manager Issues 1. I connected my handheld to my PC and launched BlackBerry Desktop ... RIM Desktop Software forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

025 Desktop Manager Issues

Advertisement

Desktop Manager Issues

1. I connected my handheld to my PC and launched BlackBerry Desktop Manager. A dialog appeared asking me to enter my password. What password?

2. I selected Settings from the File menu in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, then clicked the Detect button. A dialog appeared saying "Handheld not found".

3. I selected Settings from the File menu in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, then selected the COM port my cradle is plugged into. A dialog appeared saying "Invalid serial port selected".

4. My handheld was connected to my desktop, but now the connection is broken even though my handheld is still in the cradle. I'm using BlackBerry Desktop Manager on a laptop.

5. The Status field of BlackBerry Desktop Manager still says "Connected" after I've removed my handheld from the cradle.

6. I selected Settings from the File menu in BlackBerry Desktop Manager, then I selected the COM port I'm using for my cradle. A dialog appeared saying "Unable to open COM x".

7. My Redirector Settings icon is gone. What happened?

8. When I start my desktop software, it stops responding. How can I correct this?

1. I connected my handheld to my PC and launched BlackBerry Desktop Manager. A dialog appeared asking me to enter my password. What password?

- If you have a password enabled on your handheld, enter that password. The password dialog will appear whenever you are transferring information between your PC and your handheld.
    - If you do not have a password enabled on your handheld, there is a minor file problem on your handheld. Remove your handheld from the cradle and reset it by pressing ALT + SHIFT + BACKSPACE simultaneously. Now you can place it in the cradle again and connect to your PC.

2. I selected Settings from the File menu in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, then clicked the Detect button. A dialog appeared saying "Handheld not found".

- Make sure that your cradle is plugged in to a COM port on the back of your PC and that the handheld is placed securely in the cradle.
    - The serial ports on your handheld and in the cradle must be aligned.
    - Try clicking Detect again, or you can manually select the COM port you are using from the drop down list.

3. I selected Settings from the File menu in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, then selected the COM port my cradle is plugged into. A dialog appeared saying "Invalid serial port selected".

The serial port you have selected is not recognized by BlackBerry Desktop Manager as a valid port on your PC.

- Verify that the port you have selected is the port you have plugged the cradle into.
    - Clicking Detect will automatically tell you the port number of your cradle.

4. My handheld was connected to my desktop, but now the connection is broken even though my handheld is still in the cradle. I'm using BlackBerry Desktop Manager on a laptop.

Some laptops may re-assign COM ports spontaneously. If you are using a laptop and it re-assigns the COM port you are using to connect your handheld, the connection will be broken. To find out what the COM port number is, go to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, select Settings from the File menu, and click Detect.

5. The Status field of BlackBerry Desktop Manager still says "Connected" after I've removed my handheld from the cradle.

Try re-inserting the handheld and then removing it again. If that doesn't work, restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager. If you are done working in BlackBerry Desktop Manager, you can simply close the program. It does not need to be running for messages to be redirected to your handheld.

6. I selected Settings from the File menu in BlackBerry Desktop Manager, then I selected the COM port I'm using for my cradle. A dialog appeared saying "Unable to open COM x".

- Plug the cradle into the COM port you are selecting and place the handheld in it.
    - Now try again to select the COM port.
    - If you get the error message again, verify that you are using the COM port that you selected.
    - If you aren't sure what port you are using, click Detect.

7. My Redirector Settings icon is gone. What happened?

If you are working offline or are not connected to the mail server, your Redirector Settings icon will not appear. If you are connected to the mail server, you may be experiencing a slow connection. Call your IT department and check if there are any internal network issues.
    If there are no internal network issues, you are not working offline, and you are connected to the mail server, there may be a problem with your MAPI profile which can cause the Redirector Settings icon to disappear.
    To recreate your MAPI profile:
    1. Click Start>Settings>Control Panel and double-click the Mail icon.
    2. Select Show Profiles and click Add. Follow the Inbox Set Up Wizard to create a new profile.
    3. Restart your computer. Confirm that you can connect to the Exchange server using your new profile. Send a test email to an outside account.
    4. Start the desktop software again.

8. When I start my desktop software, it stops responding. How can I correct this?

You should confirm that Microsoft Outlook or Lotus Notes is selected as the default email program.
    1. From your Start menu, click Settings>Control Panel.
    2. Open Internet Options and select the Programs tab. Confirm that Microsoft Outlook or Lotus Notes is listed beside the Email field.
    The desktop software must be installed using your own account. If you are unsure of what account was used to install the BlackBerry software, contact your IT department.
    An incorrect MAPI profile can also cause the desktop software to stop responding. You will need to recreate your MAPI profile.
    1. From your Start menu, click Settings>Control Panel and double-click the Mail icon.
    2. Select Show Profiles and click Add. Follow the Inbox Set Up Wizard to create a new profile.
    3. Restart your computer. Confirm you can connect to the Exchange server using your new profile. Send a test email to an outside account.
    4. Start the desktop software to confirm that it is responding as expected.

nybalers9 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 025 Desktop Manager Issues

my dekstop says the software in my 7210 is not applicable? wat to do?

ramilner no está en línea Stack level 1

During installation of 4.2 Desktop Software I keep getting "error 1720" that states a script that Windows needs for installation is missing? I am using the disk that came with my 8100 too? What should I do?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

ramilner, welcome to the stacks.
    I read a while the same issue
    try this link to download the DM from rim
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    let me know how it goes
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

ramilner, Welcome to PinStack.

That is in indication of a problem with your PC installer. You need to search the Microsoft support site for that error. I believe there is a script that needs to run to correct it.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

MakesUWantIt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300B4AD1

Question Re: 025 Desktop Manager Issues

I am having trouble downloading the Deesktop software from the Blackberry. com site and from the links Hayden has provided....It give me a malicious script warning. Can someone please give me a link that works...I think I need version 4.1.
    MakesUWantIt

tater1039 no está en línea Stack level 1

hello i need help, my bb pearl software disc gives internal error 2738 im running vista can anyone help

javvi no está en línea Stack level 1

i have this problem:

- If you have a password enabled on your handheld, enter that password. The password dialog will appear whenever you are transferring information between your PC and your handheld.
    - If you do not have a password enabled on your handheld, there is a minor file problem on your handheld. Remove your handheld from the cradle and reset it by pressing ALT + SHIFT + BACKSPACE simultaneously. Now you can place it in the cradle again and connect to your PC.
    but i dont know what key is the shift
    somebody can help me? thanks

MsPRN81 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A02B69

i've been having problems with my desktop manager. It asks me to verify that i have access to a missing file in the installation packet. It seems to be missing an 8100 file or something. Then i try to install the 8100 pearl handheld upgrade from tmobile and i get a 1607 error saying unable to instal installshield scripting runtime...HELP!

diem no está en línea Stack level 1

i just started up the desktop manager but there are no icons. what am i to do? the first time i used it was fine and now a couple weeks later the icons are gone.

troy1001 no está en línea Stack level 1

what a flawless piece of software, way to go rim! does anyone have this working yet? My issue is with Vista and privilages

my968 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Re: 025 Desktop Manager Issues

Regarding the Application Loader on the "Device Application Selection" screen., is there anyway to delete or at least not view all of the alx files that have been installed in the past and then removed? I have installed and removed several themes, but the "removed" theme alx files always show up with a "0 K" size.
    Thanks for your help.
    Thanks,
    dds911

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by my968
    Regarding the Application Loader on the "Device Application Selection" screen., is there anyway to delete or at least not view all of the alx files that have been installed in the past and then removed? I have installed and removed several themes, but the "removed" theme alx files always show up with a "0 K" size.
    Thanks for your help.
    The only way is to delete the alx file from the pc. For instance all my themes i download get put into a file and when i don't want it anymore i delete the alx file from the folder.

RikMusik no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm addingb this question in the right place.
    I've been trying to install the Blackberry desktop manager 4.2 for a couple of day and can't figure out what going on.
    I'm developing applications for various models and the desktop managers seem to work for all but 4.2

when I install, I'm presented with one difference: It doesn't ask me if I want a desktop shortcut. If I dig thruogh the menu to launch it, I get a system tray icon which when ckicked, gives me the properties and even says I'm connected but no interface to load an application. Nothing happenes.

I've uninstalled, clean uninstalled, rebooted, intalled previous and later version which ran fine.

I'm using windows xp prof. sp2
    trying to load up a blackberry 8700 4.2.1 os
    has anyone encountered thi? is this a bad installer or am I missing something here?

great thanx to anyone with a suggestion

leeS726 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by javvi View Post
    i have this problem:

but i dont know what key is the shift
    somebody can help me? thanks
    I have the Pearl and every time I connect to my laptop it asks for a password. I don't have a password. Above it says to hit ALT + SHIFT + BACKSPACE. I tried several key combinations that I though would be these keys but nothing happened. Can anyone tell me how to stop the sofware from asking for a password for the Pearl?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast