Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

My #1 pet peeve when it comes to voicemail is the length of time it ... Smartphone News forum

jrusch no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31ADDE19

What’s your #1 pet peeve when it comes to cell phone voicemail?

Advertisement

My #1 pet peeve when it comes to voicemail is the length of time it takes to dial in, enter a password, go through the menu system, listen to the voicemail, right stuff down, delete, etc.

I would prefer having it sent to me in an email!

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3

YouMail BlackBerry Curve Giveaway...

1. Have to listen to all the messages you do not want to hear before you get to the one that is important!

2. The ability to choose which voice mail I can listen to..or even to see the message without having to listen to it.

3. When my Ex called me and did not hang up the phone and was talking about me (very badly) to someone he was with. Hence...my ex.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Question: Does this service store your voicemails online or something? Or is it just a software app that resides on your phone that handles all this? I dont understand why I would need a youmail login/password to access my voicemail from my cell phone carrier, unless youmail somehow has access to my voicemail.

I guess I just need to understand "how it works".

Fast240Z no está en línea Stack level 1
    Listening to every single one when looking for one particular voicemail, when a person says a telephone number over voicemail but it's broken up and you have to guess in order to decipher it.

What’s one feature you’d love to have on your cell phone voicemail service?
    The ability to see voicemails translated to text for easy viewing, ability to check voicemails online.

Have you ever had a voicemail you really want to share widely? What was it?
    I have. I had a client call my cell phone and left me an irate voicemail. The funny part of the whole thing was what the client was complaining about, something about how they were mad because I didn't change their desktop background to something other than bamboo. To this day I'm still not sure what they were talking about.

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Having to listen to all your voicemails to get to the important one.

Visual voice mail

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    #1. I hate having to listen to voice mails of background noise just before the caller hangs up.
    #2. I would love to have an application that is made for the device that will have the voicemail attachment, length of the message and transcription displayed right in the app for each voicemail together, without having it come through an email.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This should be useful.

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by EB View Post
    Anybody else having a problem retrieving the voicemessages? Also, how do you add photos to the contacts. I'm sure this is done from the desktop website...but how?
    Yep, I keep getting "Connection timed out" when I attempt to listen to the vm.

As for adding photos to other contacts, I don't see any way to do that. I'm pretty sure the person has to be a YouMail user and add their own photo for it to show up.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    • What’s your #1 pet peeve when it comes to cell phone voicemail? I have to call in to get my voicemail. I want it to come to me so I can read it. Just like the iphone

• What’s one feature you’d love to have on your cell phone voicemail service?have the conversation transcribed to text so that I can read my voice message

• Have you ever had a voicemail you really want to share widely? What was it?yes, grandcentral

Quote Originally Posted by cpk3 View Post
    Can my voicemail be delivered as WAV or MP3 to my e-mail?
    Yes, it can do either.

I have my YouMail set to forward a copy of the message to a GMail account I set up just for YouMail, then I have that GMail account set up with my BIS. The main reason for the seperate account is so I can set a unique notification sound on my BB when the voicemail arrives to distinguish it from other email. But if you don't care about that you can just have it sent straight to your normal BB email, or other email you already have configured with BIS.

I suggest having the VM sent as a WAV file because MP3 attachments won't work from the BB for some reason.

melgr702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Having to listen to all of them one by one to get to the very last one. You can't skip around.
    Being able to forward voicemails to anyone!
    Have you ever had a voicemail you really want to share widely? What was it?
    Yes! Someone called and left a recorded joke on my voicemail and I wanted to send it to everyone, and I couldn't!

roger.capone no está en línea Stack level 1

Difficult to manage.

r1ckynutz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241D1B73
    1. Forgetting to delete old voicemails and having to listen to them all over again to get the one I want.

2. Voice mails sent as text or email for those times when you can't be "on the phone". Mp3 format

3. I thought this VM was hilarious:
    "Hello, this is so and so from some job-finding company. I'm looking for Rebecca about a job....so if this is you please call me back. If its not you and you or anyone you know needs a job, give me a call that'd be FREAKIN great!. "

It went something like that, but he sounded like he needed the commission bad!!!
    Anyway, I guess it would've been funnier if I had it on text format to paste it on here.
    Last edited by r1ckynutz; 06-05-2008 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by javijavi View Post
    Question: Does this service store your voicemails online or something? Or is it just a software app that resides on your phone that handles all this? I dont understand why I would need a youmail login/password to access my voicemail from my cell phone carrier, unless youmail somehow has access to my voicemail.

I guess I just need to understand "how it works".
    Yes, it stores them on the YouMail web server. YouMail is a completely separate voicemail service than the one through your provider. When you sign up for YouMail, you set your phone to forward missed calls to YM's voicemail service instead of your provider's. So you are not actually accessing voicemail from your cell phone carrier but from the YouMail service, which is why you need the login/password.

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    1. I hate when people leave messages just to let me know they called. I HAVE CALLER ID, ITS A CELL PHONE!!!!!!!

2. Visual Voicemail (Finally!)

3. Yes, my brother doing actors impressions.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast