Page 1 of 15 123456 ... LastLast

New Visual Voicemail Public Beta & BlackBerry Curve 8310 Giveaway! Update: ...and the winner by ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

YouMail announces new Visual Voicemail & Blackberry Curve 8310 GiveAway!

Advertisement

New Visual Voicemail Public Beta & BlackBerry Curve 8310 Giveaway!

Update: ...and the winner by random draw is......beeutiful37
    The winner will be contacted via email by YouMail shortly! Congrats!!!

YouMail (www.youmail.com), the free, customizable cell phone voicemail service, today announced the public beta of visual voicemail for smartphone users. The new mobile platform allows users to access YouMail from their smartphone home screen, enabling them to listen to voicemail messages, or forward messages on to other people, or reply via SMS without ever having to dial into their voicemail service.

“Our new visual voicemail service represents one more free and useful feature in our powerful and unique product offering." said Alex Quilici, CEO of YouMail. At a glance I can see all of my voicemails and choose which to play and in what order. For people who get a lot of voicemails per day, this provides an organized way to determine priority. In a world where we seem to find bite-size messages in SMS or Twitter form preferable, many people find this approach better than spending time listening to and often forgetting an audio message.”

To begin accessing YouMail’s visual voicemail service, users visit and log in to http://youmail.com with their YouMail user ID and password from your cell phone browser. The user can then easily bookmark the site from their smartphone home screen for easy one-click access in the future. Visual voicemail from YouMail allows users to easily view, listen and forward their most recent voicemail messages, while viewing the callers photo, name, city and state. These features are available through the mobile Web so the user never has to call their mailbox.

YouMail’s new visual voicemail service is available on nearly all smartphones including devices manufactured by RIM Blackberry, Motorola, Palm, Sony Ericsson, HTC, Samsung and Nokia. The service can even be used on iPhones and iPod Touch devices.

YouMail offers the ultimate flexibility for accessing voicemail with three useful options: email, on the web, or over the phone. In addition, users have the ability to receive transcriptions of the voicemails sent in e-mail or text messages. YouMail is the only service currently available that allows users to choose which greetings a caller hears based on caller ID - recording greetings themselves, choosing from a large and growing library of user-generated greetings and away messages, or even using YouMail’s “Smart Greetings,” which automatically personalizes the greeting for the caller. Users can even treat voicemails as digital content they own, easily saving them forever and effortlessly sharing them using popular sites like MySpace, Facebook, Digg and Del.icio.us.

YouMail BlackBerry Curve 8310 Giveaway...

To enter the contest simply click reply and answer any one or more of the following questions:
    • What’s your #1 pet peeve when it comes to cell phone voicemail?
    • What’s one feature you’d love to have on your cell phone voicemail service?
    • Have you ever had a voicemail you really want to share widely? What was it?
    Winner will be announced next Thursday. (June 12th 2008)

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    1. Going through EVERY. SINGLE. VOICEMAIL. Just to get to the one I want to listen to. What a hassle.

2. Sending the voicemail to myself via email or MMS in the form of an mp3 or similar sound file would be awesome! Or mabye even REAL visual voicemail.. like, a video voicemail. Like a video message, but better?

3. Yes. A recent one.. a friend of mine accidentally called me. She was totally talking smack about another friend of ours.. I kept it under wraps of course, but it was scandalously hilarious!
    Last edited by ssnxp; 06-05-2008 at 09:20 AM.

psyko825 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    i hate drudging through all of the voicemails one by one.
    "CENSORED"

xpensive taste no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    a.s.k.?

Lightbulb hate going one by one. !!!!!

Wanna see who called not listen !!!

EB
    EB no está en línea Stack level 3
    Anybody else having a problem retrieving the voicemessages? Also, how do you add photos to the contacts. I'm sure this is done from the desktop website...but how?

aleano75 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    Grrr!!! I just tried to do this and it said Sprint charges blah and blah...I didn't quite understand completely but I opted for wait until it works better. Unless I should anyway? Did the charges stuff make sense to anyone else?
    *RaeRae*

cpk3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I hate having to dial in and listen to them.. Which this service fixes...

Can my voicemail be delivered as WAV or MP3 to my e-mail?

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3
    -HAVING to listen to the whole voicemail.

-my buddy left a voicemail once, where he "freestyled" about a girl that we know...who was hot at the time (maybe she still is, it's been years...haha).

....he left it on her best friends voicemail on accident.

joecrack no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am sick and tired of old voicemail system.
    I just want to delete once I don't wanna hear.
    And If can scroll around them would be even better.

sansaman no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't like to wait for 6pm so I can check my voicemails to get free airtime. Please hand over a curve and I will be happy. 8320 please.

juanmreyes no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile

What’s your #1 pet peeve when it comes to cell phone voicemail?
    Having to go through each VM in order received and not being able to select the specific VM I want to hear.
    What’s one feature you’d love to have on your cell phone voicemail service?
    A more visual way to check e-mails, similar to BB Inbox allowing you to choose the VM you want hear and delete ones you don't want without having to even listen to them first. Oooh and while I'm being picky a media player type interface when listening to advance/rewind messages a lot easier.
    Have you ever had a voicemail you really want to share widely? What was it?
    Yes, way too many to list. I have a crazy 9 year old daughter who loves to leave long drawn out [but ultimately - really cute] messages for her dad.
    Last edited by juanmreyes; 06-05-2008 at 01:31 PM.

danshauna1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    My pet peeve is when people talk too softly for YouMail transcription to work! Love YouMail!

twitcheffect no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208C26AD
    1. Having to listen to every voicemail just to get to one that I wanted to hear.
    2. I would share the one of my daughter trying to tell me that I need to come home from work. (she's 2)

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it
    What’s your #1 pet peeve when it comes to cell phone voicemail?

When i get choppy voicemails or cut off messages, b/c the length is too long

the ability to return a callers call, even if they are on a different carrier.
    I will like the ability to record my voicemails and save them forever instead of when tmo wants to delete them.

Have you ever had a voicemail you really want to share widely? What was it?
    i have had several, but i dont think i can say here what it was...
    ~Blu~

Blukrystlz@pinstack.com

chadmd23 no está en línea Stack level 1

There was always a feature in my 6700? manual called preview voicemail, where you could listen to the person leaving a voicemail and speak to them if you wanted or just let the voicemail take the message. I never saw the feature actually work.

Page 1 of 15 123456 ... LastLast