Yougetitback.com today announced new features that further enrich the service in preserving the owners’ highly ... Smartphone News forum
Yougetitback.com Unveils New Protection Features
Yougetitback.com today announced new features that further enrich the service in preserving the owners’ highly personal – and valuable -- information and preventing identity theft.
“Our goal all along has been a truly feature-rich Yougetitback.com that goes way beyond 'lost and found' by helping people to protect their privacy and recover their valuable lost and stolen mobile assets, such as phones, laptops, iPods, etc.,” said Yougetitback.com CEO Frank Hannigan. “By enhancing our website, we’re giving our users a variety of tools they can use to minimize intrusion into their personal and private information and save them from huge bills – or worse – if their mobile devices go missing.
“For instance, we think our new device-location and -locking features will be very appealing to users who are concerned about never having the information stored in their smart phones, PDAs or laptops falling into the hands of personal-identity thieves,” he added.
Hannigan said the new upgrade offers users of Yougetitback’s “Mobile SuperHero” application additional levels of protection for their smart phones if a device is lost or stolen, including significantly extended device-location and -locking capabilities.
If a user’s device is GPS-capable, Yougetitback’s ability to pinpoint its location when lost or stolen is “fantastic,” he said. And because Yougetitback supports RIM’s BlackBerry operating system 4.2 and above, and the Symbian operating system S60 2nd and 3rd editions, many devices without GPS can be located via their proximity to individual wireless-network cell sites.
But even without pinpointing the exact location of a lost or stolen mobile device, its personal information can be safeguarded by an owner using some of the new locking or unlocking capabilities, including:
Another feature of the upgrade is the user’s ability to change the configuration of his or her device’s protection functionality at Yougetitback.com and then synchronize the changes to the device.
- PIN lock / unlock – The user will be able to lock or unlock a phone remotely via a user-defined PIN code entered at Yougetitback.com when the user activates his or her protection for the device.
- Text lock – From a friend’s phone, a user can text the command “LOCK <PIN CODE>” to lock his or her missing phone remotely when no access to the website is available.
- Auto lock – The phone will lock automatically after a defined period of inactivity. This feature is enabled at the website, where the user defines the duration of the inactive period.
- Call Pattern – The upgrade allows users to define and choose customized parameters under which their devices will lock automatically -- such as geographic location of the device or call attempts to numbers not in a user’s contact list – depending on individual protection requirements. Parameters are outlined on the website.
- Country dialing – The user defines a list of allowable country codes for his or her device at the website. If this feature is enabled on the phone, the phone will lock if a thief or finder attempts to dial a country not on the user’s list
- Roaming – The phone will lock when it enters a roaming state if this option has been enabled via the site.
Initial users of Yougetitback.com are being invited to the site for a refresh of the application, Hannigan said.
This is a cool idea. I like it and would like to try it. My only complaint is, I can't find anywhere on their site how much this will cost after the seven day trial. Anybody have any ideas?
This seems like an awesome program. I too wonder the cost?? 10$ seems too good to be true.
Looks like a nice probgram.... Nice find Hayden
Once you have setup your trial account, click Purchase for your options. One is $29.99, I am assuming for Yearly, and the other is $2.99 for Monthly.
Originally Posted by 04Taco
Btw, so far I am LOVING this app, has a very small footprint, has no icon to give it away, lots of nice settings on the website, even has a option to backup all your contacts into the "Vault" on their site so you can still access peoples info if needed, or for new phone.
Tags for this Thread