Yougetitback.com today announced the North American debut of its service to help protect, recover and ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Yougetitback.com Launches offers Protection for Lost or Stolen Phones

Advertisement

Yougetitback.com today announced the North American debut of its service to help protect, recover and replace mobile devices from theft and loss. Yougetitback protects and helps recover mobile devices--such as phones, PDAs, cameras, iPods and laptops--while preserving the sensitive information they may contain. The company's premium service will even replace the device, if it is not recovered.

"People carry a great deal of sensitive data in their mobile phones, PDAs and laptops, such as contacts, credit card numbers, banking details and sensitive business information--not to mention personal mementos like photos of their loved ones," said Yougetitback.com CEO Frank Hannigan.

"Most people may not give a second thought to the valuable personal information stored in their devices--until they are misplaced, lost or stolen," he said. "Our service assures that all is not lost in such cases. If their devices go missing, we provide people peace of mind."

[Read More]

lsrccrd no está en línea Stack level 1

wow...

i've only played with this for a few minutes but it really works well. this is great for security and I'm on the trial. I might pay the extra subscription fees when my trial is up. however much it is as long as it is reasonable

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds Good!
    "If You Don't Like Me Just Remember It's Mind Over Matter..I Don't Mind and You Dont Matter"

ncswerve no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3070C15D
    Maybe I misunderstood section 21 of the T&C but the 100% replacement to me is vague. This is from Section 21:

"21. 100% Replacement Guarantee Key Protector Tag While generally we do not provide any insurance or guarantees in respect of lost items as part of the Service, our 100% Replacement Guarantee Tags entitle you to be reimbursed for the cost of replacing your lost item, subject to the following conditions:you must immediately notify us of the loss or theft of replacement guarantee registered item by updating your account;when notifying such loss or theft, you must provide us with full and complete details in relation to the incident that has given rise to the claim, including, without limitation, when, where and how the incident occurred;we will not process claims made under this section 21 until two (2) days have passed since the reported loss or theft of your item on our website;our sole obligation to you under this section 21 is to pay for the replacement of your lost item, including any reasonable costs resulting directly from the loss of your keys, but you are obliged at all times to mitigate your losses in such circumstances, for example, we will not reimburse you for the cost of replacing items which are of a superior quality to the lost item;you are entitled to make two (2) claims under this clause in any year of your subscription; andyou must keep valid receipts to verify the cost of replacing your lost item.Subject to your compliance with the conditions set out above, we will pay all claims within thirty (30) days of receipt of valid receipts from you."

Thoughts? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tonyr38663 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CF2EAF
    I hope this is the real deal

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    probably just like everyone else.

~via 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

capo14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sry but I don't believe in this crap all they care about its money there are a lot on tricks on stuff like this

yougetitback no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi - Thanks for the feedback.
    My name is Paul Prendergast and I am co founder of yougetitback.com. Feel free to email me at paul@yougetitback.com.
    Nice to hear it is working well for lsrccrd.
    Re the legal stuff on replacement - agreed it is tough to read through. I will get that redone.
    The software we have on the trail is pretty solid and works very well - we have lots of interesting stuff in the pipeline - so please do download the trial and we can start updating with new stuff. Any feedback is really appreciated.

We are a Blackberry Alliance Partner amd have worked closely with the guys from RIM over the latter part of the development process.

ncswerve no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3070C15D
    Quote Originally Posted by yougetitback View Post
    Hi - Thanks for the feedback.
    My name is Paul Prendergast and I am co founder of yougetitback.com. Feel free to email me at paul@yougetitback.com.
    Nice to hear it is working well for lsrccrd.
    Re the legal stuff on replacement - agreed it is tough to read through. I will get that redone.
    The software we have on the trail is pretty solid and works very well - we have lots of interesting stuff in the pipeline - so please do download the trial and we can start updating with new stuff. Any feedback is really appreciated.

We are a Blackberry Alliance Partner amd have worked closely with the guys from RIM over the latter part of the development process.
    So what is the monthly fee that is proposed that will be charged each month and then renewed if not cancelled 14 days before the anniversary date.

Before I download a trial I would like to know what the price structure is. It is not on the site and I have always been buyer beware.

yougetitback no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi ncswerve
    The charge is $20 per annum for the software service. It is a one off upfront price.

derlewis no está en línea Stack level 1

nice concept

the service is a good concept. I've been using for a couple of days. It uses SMS to update application (lock/unlock), which might be an issue for users that don't have SMS capabilities on there phone (who those users would be nowadays, don't know).