Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Discover poplular local events in your hometown or in locations you're visiting, from concerts, games ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Yellow Pages Mobile for BlackBerry & iPhone

Advertisement

Discover poplular local events in your hometown or in locations you're visiting, from concerts, games and plays to festivals and community affairs. With events added daily in hundreds of towns and metros, the options are endless. You can also find the most popluar Yellow Pages businesses, scan ratings, read reviews, get maps and access useful business details.

Reportedly only available on select ATT devices, but confirmed working on a TMO 8900 (screenshots). I can personally vouch that it DOES NOT work on my 9530 on the ATT network. I received a page that said "your device is unsupported".

OTA download for BlackBerry devices (your device may not be supported)

Attached Images Attached Images

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Thanks Cherri. It does work great on my T-Mobile 8900.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Says no to my VZW 9530.
    What's with idiot companies like this?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    This works great, I like the smooth integration of Google Maps & "My Location" services.

Since the YP service is an AT&T service its marketed heavily for iPhone and pushed to AT&T's Bold etc. Use Cherri's link it works on my t-mobile 8900.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    wtf?? it doesnt support my 8330 curve? Come one! this phone is prolly the most distributed BB out!!!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Thanks Cherri, works like a charm on my Bold!
    Last edited by chokem; 06-07-2009 at 01:32 PM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks, Cherri. Doesn't work on my 8900 wi-fi only.

Not everything does - this is one of 'em. Downloads ok but "cannot connect to server" message when I attempt to execute. Win a few, lose a few.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks! Looking very good on my 8900. Also - re: earlier comment about it not working on WiFi -- I'm having no trouble with it at all on WiFi/UMA -- works beautifully for me... I think I'm really going to like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
    Thanks! Looking very good on my 8900. Also - re: earlier comment about it not working on WiFi -- I'm having no trouble with it at all on WiFi/UMA -- works beautifully for me... I think I'm really going to like this one.
    Thanks V, but does it work on wi-fi ONLY?

My 8900 is a spare phone line with no data plan - I operate it wi-fi only plus the phone line. A number of aps work wi-fi only but I wasnt' able to get this one to "go."
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Anybody know how this compares to Superpages Mobile? Are they basically the same and this one is just AT&T branded?

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Anybody know how this compares to Superpages Mobile? Are they basically the same and this one is just AT&T branded?
    Is there an icon/loader for this, Roger? Also, they don't support a lot of devices including yours - did you find a DL for your phone or is it simply a bookmark?

Are you talking about Superpages, John? I asked what the difference was because I am currently using Superpages based on another Stacker's recommendation a few months ago. So yes, I did find a download for Superpages, v2.0.7 is the current version on my device.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Are you talking about Superpages, John? I asked what the difference was because I am currently using Superpages based on another Stacker's recommendation a few months ago. So yes, I did find a download for Superpages, v2.0.7 is the current version on my device.
    Yes I was. Sorry, I should have made that clear. I just did a google and found a site that seemed to have a limited selection but I realized that I chose Verizon as the carrier - 8330 wasn't on the list and, of course, the 8900 wasn't. I'll look again...and at another carrier.

They don't list the 8900 anywhere. I just went to the download page and DL it anyway. It works like a charm wi-fi only so I'm "in."

UPDATE: Sorry, I guess we sort of hi-jacked the original topic. Back to the Yellow Pages.

Okay, well I'm still interested in knowing how this compares to Superpages. I have the service books for Yellowpages pushed to my device. Just never loaded the application.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast