Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yahoo will add OnePlace to its suite of services for mobile phones in the second ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Yahoo adds OnePlace to its mobile suite

Advertisement

Yahoo will add OnePlace to its suite of services for mobile phones in the second quarter, offering a single repository for photos, Web links, news feeds, travel plans and 40 or so other kinds of content.

OnePlace adapts its presentation according to the type of information, and allows users to filter information, find related material and share it with their contacts.

The problem with the Internet at the moment is that "My content, the stuff I love, is living in so many different places, and it's mostly locked to my PC," said Yahoo Executive Vice President Marco Boerries. "OnePlace is about reinventing mobile content," Boerries said.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/oneplace

Because it's based on a familiar bookmarking process, it will be easy to link practically any piece of content (news feeds, websites, videos, images, emails, search queries, etc.) into Yahoo! onePlace from anywhere across the Internet. It's also designed to make it a snap to instantly link to all your favorite content that you've already personalized on Yahoo!—such as your My Yahoo! feeds, Flickr photos, stock portfolios, etc.—as well as from other popular websites including Digg®, YouTube®, Last.FM®, Facebook® and Google®.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: Yahoo adds OnePlace to its mobile suite

Cool deal! Is that going to be an available widget on the Yahoo Go?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Sounds good. Will check it out. Thanks Hayden.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

wondering the same thing, will it be a widget or another app all together??
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

I'm wondering if it will work with my 8130......or if it will be like YahooGo which does not support the 8130.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

NotYaAverageBro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30C478BE

This is going to be an app, but this information is kinda old, it's been posted on Yahoo for a while.

nichos no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I'm wondering if it will work with my 8130......or if it will be like YahooGo which does not support the 8130.

Worked on my VZW pearl. Seems pretty nice. A little sluggish but pretty cool.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Nichos thanks for the info. I swear the last time I checked that it said the 8130 wasn't supported. Maybe I tried version 2 or maybe I just missed it. I just downloaded go now......it will have to really impress me or I'll dump it.....it's a really big file!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nichos no está en línea Stack level 2

No problem. It was weird. I downloaded the app via the browser then ran it, and it downloaded more. It took a few minutes.
    I remember yahoo having something earlier that didn't work on the 8130 too but I don't remember what that was.
    Like I said, I think it's a bit sluggish, maybe when it comes out of beta it will be better. It's nice to have everything in one app though.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

sweet, i'm going to check this out. I enjoy the yahoo services
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!

So how exactly do i go about downloading this yahoo OnePlace?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

So is this supposed to be an application like Yahoo! Go, or just another WAP site?

I'm on AT&T (which partners heavily with Yahoo), and when I go to http://mobile.yahoo.com/oneplace I just the Yahoo Mobile site, although it might be because AT&T is redirecting.

When I go to their OTHER WAP site (http://beta.m.yahoo.com - as noted at the Yahoo Mobile Home via my computer), I get something completely different that LOOKS kind of like OnePlace pictured above, but is a far cry from the pics!
    JerryD

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

This looks like another good application. Thanks for passing this along Hayden. Do we want to do a summary of how it works on various devices? Ex. 8800, 8300 and 8100? Your thoughts?

cnitzken no está en línea Stack level 1

it is asking me to enable pin locking??? what is that?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    So is this supposed to be an application like Yahoo! Go, or just another WAP site?

I'm on AT&T (which partners heavily with Yahoo), and when I go to http://mobile.yahoo.com/oneplace I just the Yahoo Mobile site, although it might be because AT&T is redirecting.

When I go to their OTHER WAP site (http://beta.m.yahoo.com - as noted at the Yahoo Mobile Home via my computer), I get something completely different that LOOKS kind of like OnePlace pictured above, but is a far cry from the pics!
    The first link took me to a site and asked me if I wanted to upgrade to Yahoo Go version 3 (which I already did). The second link took me to Yahoo's Mobile Log in page.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast