The highly anticipated new Yahoo! Mobile app for BlackBerry as seen here several weeks ago ... Smartphone News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Yahoo! Abandons it's Mobile App for Other Smartphones to Focus on iPhone!

The highly anticipated new Yahoo! Mobile app for BlackBerry as seen here several weeks ago has been axed! They are shifting their focus to their iPhone app and the general mobile browsing experience.

"Score another one for the iPhone. Yahoo is abandoning its mobile app for the Blackberry and other smartphones in order to focus more on its recently relaunched iPhone app. For every other phone, it is concentrating development efforts around the mobile browser experience. People applying for the smartphone app, which is still in beta, are receiving a notice (reproduced below) stating that “Yahoo has decided to cease development” of the app on May 20th. Yahoo Mobile now only has eyes for the iPhone. Rather than create a million apps for every other phone, it is standardizing on delivering the same experience through the mobile browser. Or so it would seem.
    A Yahoo spokesperson confirms:
    We are reprioritizing some products to help us better deliver the best possible experiences to consumers on mobile. To streamline our services, we will not develop Yahoo! Mobile for smartphones to focus our efforts on mobilizing Yahoo!, improving Yahoo! Mobile for web and Yahoo! Mobile for iPhone as well as developing new and engaging experiences for consumers, partners and advertisers.
    We currently have mobile products that reach hundreds of different devices (including Blackberry), and we continue to expand that comprehensive list.
    The company announced a revamped Yahoo Mobile in February, and rolled it out in April with a new iPhone app and browser support for more than 300 devices. Yahoo Mobile now combines mobile search, your email, IM, and social messaging streams, and personalized Yahoo content such as news, sports, stocks, and RSS feeds."

[read more via TechCrunch]
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    ask me
    Only one coment "sucks"
    ~via smartphone

ghfogle no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yahoo is so disappointing!
    ~via smartphone

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Wow...that's kind of unfortunate...

khmertsunami no está en línea Stack level 2
    Grrr lol
    ~via smartphone

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5

Smells like a Apple pay off for rights to this to me.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    ^^ I agree...

Stupid Yahoo.

fsantiago36 no está en línea Stack level 2
    this sux

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yahoo sucks period. I like Google better. I use an IPhone and have the Yahoo app but its not the best thing that I have ever used. It has integrated Twitter, Facebook, different email providers, Etc. but it still sucks. I rather just use Gmail with my email feature and sync my contacts and calendar via Google Sync with the exchange server.

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quite a disappointing email I received from Yahoo in response to applying some 20 days back for the beta. Hurts even more, because I am using a number of their paid services for my business since last six years-a loyal customer trashed by Yahoo!
    ~via smartphone

Les no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by fsantiago36 View Post
    this sux
    This does suck all I use is Yahoo! What makes the iPhone so freeking special. BB's are for everyone not just business people. There are high school students, college students, the average joe, and house wives using BB smart phone's. Yahoo! please rethink your decision....

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm kinda pissed to hear this... I used the beta app... IMO they should rethink this... the features it held were quite nice... although I question using Opera Mini as the browser... The flickr & twitter integration was one of my favorite features, as well as the IM. Although I did get a bit annoyed at everytime I got a email to my Y! inbox it sent an alert to my BB, having to go back to the Y! app, just to view the email. Seems like Y! BlackBerry users always end up getting the mud end of the stick everytime.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hahaha, well I guess the consensus is that it's a bad move by Yahoo. Can't say i don't blame them. Their current Apps are terrible at best. Poor use of screen and includes everything we don't need. May as well start over. I think that is what they are trying to do.

For the record i don't use any of their stuff either b/c it's like what has already been said above.

henleya2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    That's sm real BS I was waiting on it
    ~via smartphone