Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Originally Posted by GaBulldog I've yet to get a solid answer back on this issue; ... Smartphone News forum

adubrovs no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C8EB2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by GaBulldog View Post
    I've yet to get a solid answer back on this issue; the only reason I can come up with is b/c it's a trial. May not be true, but it makes sense.
    sounds like a sketch answer considering it's supposed to be a full 24h trial and not a limited use trial. But i did a battery pull and it seemed to have fixed the issue. I think it had to do with cache or something like that cause i noticed it wasn't playing the song that was listed as "Playing Now".

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Battery pull was successful for me also. Thanks for the idea.

petergrace no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CC6A3D

holy low quality batman!

I know that it's streaming on edge, but the audio quality is insanely bad. Definitely 24kbit mp3 (given that EDGE around here maxes out at around 40kbps, I guess I can't complain.)

Pete

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just chiming in- I haven't not heard music yet. I have been hearing O & A without interruption or issues.

Also the application asks for access to your phone, not phone logs. It is configuring itself to your network settings (wifi, EDGE, etc- google maps asks for the same thing)

Just to get XM Comedy and O & A uncensored would be great. I hope there is a special price plan for current XM subscribers.
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Quote Originally Posted by GaBulldog View Post
    I bet b/c the 8130 is running 4.3 (the XM website is showing that it supports 4.2).

I'm running the 4.5 beta and it says I need to update my OS to download. LOL So yep it's not compatible with the newer OSes.

coreysr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24426C48
    I don't think its too bad! Ease of use is incredibly simple. However since it uses data there is that "buffering" lapse in music! I will try the battery pull and see if that helps on that issue! Not sure if its worth 8 dollars a month though. You would have figured they could have come up with a way to make it actual sattelite radio especially with the GPS enabled phones!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blackman711 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Thumbs up This is nice!

I just hope they add more urban/adult contemporary channels.

TheMercuryMan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ADA6AB
    thats just pretty much useless for 8 bucks i could buy a small fm radio and listen to more than 20 channels

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    Ditto! That's my vote also!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMercuryMan View Post
    thats just pretty much useless for 8 bucks i could buy a small fm radio and listen to more than 20 channels

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    It's not worth it, 20 channels (just one Jazz), a little buffering, you're better off getting Flipside and a descent Card and put whatever music and enjoy their awesome Album Cover as well as a very interactive playlist. XM on BB is just not worth the monthly fee, and the sound quality sucks, Flipside Rocks Hard!

ermcaul no está en línea Stack level 1

blackberry pearl - Sirius too?

Can you go to sirius.com and use there player to listen on an existing account

tafaghodi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ermcaul View Post
    Can you go to sirius.com and use there player to listen on an existing account
    If sirius streams the way xm does then no. They stream using wma format blackberries dont support windows formats. I assume this program transcodes on the server level which may also be the cause of some peoples quality problems. I have been using the same technique using uXm and orb player but it requires my home pc to be on 24/4 and the uXm server will hiccup every once in a while and wont work again till I restart.

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5
    There merger between XM and Sirius was approved recently so sooner or later it will all be 1. When I had a WM phone I streamed Sirius via a 3rd party app that streamed it over the web and it worked really well.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    ~via BB so far so good. I only tried it on my pearl. Once I get my curve fixed then ill yet it on there for audio quality. On my pearl it sounded a little muffled. (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yamaha no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    AT&T / Cingular has had this for about 6 months, minus the comedy stations. It has always cut in and out on my 8800. Seems to lose network connections often.
    Last edited by Yamaha; 04-01-2008 at 06:27 PM.