Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have mobipocket reader and have lots of books downloaded. It can be tiresome on ... Smartphone News forum

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Advertisement

I have mobipocket reader and have lots of books downloaded. It can be tiresome on the eyes depending on the fonts etc but I cant help it. Now at work I cant get in trouble for having my phone out cause I'm actually reading a book!
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

volkanerkan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252B8E82
    it is no good for eyes

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I guess because of my profession (bookbinder-specializing in restoration and preservation of antique and rare books) I just like the feel of a book in my hand when reading. Using Mobipoacket will do in a pinch, but I would much rather hold a book and turn the pages.

To see books slowly disapearing is a sad thing. There's somthing cool about holding a book from the 1600s and thinking about all the history of people who had that book through the years.........400 years from now, looking at digital files of books from now just won't be the same.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    This would be perfect

cupiecat no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245061B0
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have downloaded MobiPocket. The only problem is when I try to open it I get a pop up that says something about a firewall and IT policy. Strange, this is my own private bb. I can click ok a few times and finally it will open. Is there a way that I can mobipocket to load and open and not have to do that? I went into options and it says the firewall is enabled and it has a little red lock by it. Can I somehow remove this lock? Or am I just totally out of luck using Mobipocket all together?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    No. I love reading from a hard-cover book in my hands simply because it's easier to hold than a paperback but a PB is much preferable than a tiny screen. I wouldn't want to read one from a p-c either but I'd "draw the line" at reading from a tiny phone screen.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    245061B0
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have mobipicket abd I love it. I'm just wondering if you can download books from other sites besides the mobipocket site? Would you be able to read them with mobipocket?

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    yes you can, just go into options and choose which store you want to dl from. But when I did this I found that I had to have an account (even if it's free) to do this
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

PIN/ID
    245061B0
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks, Monica!! ;-)

jenn005 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2443F3DE
    I just had a friend tell me about ebooks with mobipocket and I didn't think I would like it but damn if it isn't awesome. I usually try to have a book with me just incase I get stuck somewhere with downtime and it can be a drag carrying it around... especially when you just want to go with a wristlet instead of a bag.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    There is an updated version of MobiReader available, this one actually shows a bit more info then the previous version, this one shows the book covers, the estimated about it would take to read, as well as the amount of time already read. All of this is shown in the list of ebooks when you first open the Reader.

This is an excellent program, but there is one problem I have with ebooks, now considering you're just paying for text, not the actual paper, the artwork, and all the other stuff that goes into producing a paperback, it seems that the prices of these OTA ebooks are about the same as a hardcopy. But thanks to the Net there are other avenues, ahh! (I mean Free, that is ) out there. And it is much easier and better than carrying one book around, when you can carry your entire library.

Someone said it is bad for the eyes, so I was like wondering does that mean that doing anything on your BB is bad for your eyes, cause if I'm not mistaken isn't everything one does on their BB involves Reading? Just a Thought...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123