Wirefly has released its Top 10 Hottest Selling Phones list in advance of the holiday ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Wirefly Announces its "Top 10 Hottest Selling Cell Phones"

Advertisement

Wirefly has released its Top 10 Hottest Selling Phones list in advance of the holiday shopping season in an effort to help consumers find the most popular wireless products for that special ‘techno-savvy’ someone.
    Wirefly’s Top 10 Hottest Selling Phones
    1. LG Vu CU920 – The LG Vu has dominated our best-seller list since its arrival. A sleek touchscreen phone with high-speed data and expandable memory, the Vu is specifically tailored for live TV and Video Share services.
    2. Blackberry Curve 8330 – This CDMA version of the BlackBerry Curve adds high-speed connectivity on EVDO networks, while retaining the other features that make the Curve so popular – including a 2-MP camera, GPS, push email, and memory card slot.
    3. LG Rumor – The LG Rumor remains an extremely popular option for heavy messaging. The candy bar design hides a full-size slide out QWERTY keyboard, as well as a 1.3-MP camera and quality speakerphone.
    4. Sony Ericsson TM506 – The TM506 is a well-designed flip phone with large buttons and a full browser that makes it simple to view web pages over a 3G data network. The TM506 also features GPS, a music player, and a camera.
    5. BlackBerry Bold– The latest BlackBerry to hit our best-seller list, the Bold delivers HSDPA 3G data speeds – faster than any other BlackBerry – and improves screen resolution by twofold. With 1 GB of built-in memory, WiFi, and GPS, the Bold is a powerhouse.
    6. LG enV2– The LG enV2 is a uniquely designed successor to previous enV models, bringing more style, less heft, and quicker data speeds. The face of the enV2 flips up to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard, and a large QVGA display.
    7. Nokia 5610 XpressMusic – This stylish music phone from Nokia is a sleek slider with external controls for navigating your music collection. The 5610 also includes a 3.2-MP camera with auto focus and video capture, and a colorful hi-res screen.
    8. Samsung Instinct – One of the most popular touch screen phones. The Instinct features a large display, EVDO high-speed data, threaded messaging, a 2-MP camera with video capture, and a high degree of customization.
    9. LG Shine CU720 – The LG Shine is a thin, high-end slider phone for use on HSDPA high-speed networks. A beautifully constructed metallic form houses plenty of memory for your multimedia, and supports Video Share and voice-dialing.
    10. Motorola Krave ZN4 – Motorola’s first touch phone is also a remarkably unique one. The Krave includes a large main display with finger-touch technology, and a clear flip cover with a touch surface of its own. GPS, mobile TV, and a 2-MP camera round out the features.
    In addition to the top sellers, Wirefly’s own active consumer research indicated several additional devices that have only recently debuted or have yet to launch, but they have already begun to generate a huge buzz and will likely be the most highly sought after devices during the holiday shopping season. Similar to the Wirefly’s Top 10 Hottest Selling Phones, these highly anticipated devices also are optimized for messaging and other advance multimedia features.
    Wirefly's Top 5 “Buzz-Worthy” Phones
    1. Blackberry Storm - The Storm isn’t scheduled to launch until November 21st, however, based on early indications such as customer inquiries and traffic volume, BlackBerry’s first touch screen device is easily the most anticipated cell phone of the season.
    2. UTStarcom Quickfire – The touch screen revolution continues with the Quickfire, a horizontal slider phone similar in form to the popular Sidekick, with one significant exception: the beautiful 2.8” QVGA touch display that slides aside to reveal the full QWERTY keyboard.
    3. HTC Fuze – The Fuze is a Windows Pro smartphone that shares many of its features with another hugely popular touch screen phone, the HTC Touch Diamond. In addition to the crisp display, the Fuze offers a slide-out keyboard, WiFi, and a 3-MP camera.
    4. Samsung Behold – The Behold is the fourth phone on our list, and the fourth touch screen device. This beautiful candy bar style cell phone also comes loaded with a best-in-class 5-MP camera, video capture capabilities, and runs on Samsung’s new TouchWiz user interface.
    5. Samsung Gravity – The Gravity is similar to other messaging-centric cell phones like the LG Rumor, with its slide-out horizontal QWERTY keyboard. This Samsung device comes loaded with a music player, memory card slot, and stereo Bluetooth as well.
    Wirefly.com provides an easy and affordable way to shop for wireless phones and accessories. All of the devices listed can be found on www.wirefly.com or through Wirefly’s Holiday Gift Center, an annual gift guide designed to assist shoppers find the perfect gift for a technology fan.

InfinityPlayer no está en línea Stack level 3

That's not too bad, but...

I wonder how the Storm will fair in this list when it goes on sale in a couple of days
    Define irony: A bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song that was sung by a band that got killed on a plane. - By a man who is in a movie about those very idiots dancing on the plane he was on.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Strangely absent.

Where is the iPhone?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Not sure if they sell the iphone?

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Strangely absent.

Where is the iPhone?
    only AT&T, apple stores and best buy can sell the iphone

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    The quickfire looks like a sidekick..lol

I hope people that are reading this don't believe it. Other than the storm, Bold, quickfire, env2, Instinct, and the fuze; their a lot of phones that can make the top ten that are not on it.

I.e. samsung Omnia, Sony P5i, HTC touch pro, and some others.

They need to do some more research.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    only AT&T, apple stores and best buy can sell the iphone

That is incorrect; the correct statement is companies that are affiliated with apple can sell the Iphone.

If you want an Iphone; try craigslist or eBay for some deals.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me

Thumbs down the green rumor

It seems lg gets more devices in the top ten than any other manufacture. I was liking the rumor at first but the info wirefly posts about the device is totally incorrect!!!! the browser is not a browser you can surf the web with. it is an antiquated wap 2.0 type . It will only load sites set up for wap or containing small amounts of data. The rumor wont load getjar's web site with out throwing a not enough memory error, the wap site must be used . According to sprint it only supports sites approved by sprint. When a page is loaded the url shows sprint.com/aolmd site name or some crap like this. The ole lady likes the device, I however am spoiled by the rim platform, also the i m and e mail requires you to log in to retrieve your mail and even with a push app installed (morange)it will not run in the back ground and give real time alerts, as far as evdo goes with sprint I see no such indication of the network mode but it seems to do all right. you can not load opera mini and sprint says they will not support third party apps like berries . Its not worth 250 usd ,but as a freebie for renewing it will do until she decides she wants a berry. witch took about two days for her. its a great device for children and first time users but once you go berry you never look back. so pay close attention to the rumor before you buy one for full retail price as its not a smart phone as we are used to, hell my seven year old sanyo scp 5400 has opera mini on it and seemed to surf better than the rumor and I still had to log in to mail accounts to retrieve my mail. and it ran apps in the back ground go figure. The only saving grace with the rumor is the packaging it came in , the device was ordered in green, and it came in a green package. No not the colour green, but recycled non bleached post consumer waste paper both the documentation and the cardboard box. this was a great thing to do and all device manufactures should follow suit. So when you purchase the green rumor you are doing your part for the environment.