iPhone may not do as well as expected Give Steve Jobs credit: He's managed to ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Why You May NOT Want An iPhone

Advertisement

iPhone may not do as well as expected

Give Steve Jobs credit: He's managed to get the entire tech community--and much of the rest of the world--talking about a pricey gadget that only a handful have seen or touched.

Apple's iPhone finally goes on sale June 29, and for many potential buyers, the only issue is whether they'll be able to get their hands on one, as it's certain to sell out immediately. But whether you are a music lover, a business e-mail addict, a mobile power-user or just a normal consumer, there are several good reasons to think twice about dropping $500 for the first-generation iPhone.

Will that be enough to slow iPhone sales after the initial rush? There are, after all, plenty of other options for consumers who want a smart phone, which is essentially a high-end phone with the ability to do other functions, like e-mail. Previously just expensive toys for information technology nerds and executives, smart phones are gaining mainstream appeal. Research firm Yankee Group projects that smart phones will grow from 11% of this year's mobile-phone market to about 20% of phone sales in 2010.

Read more

retrozion no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Why You May NOT Want An iPhone

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~why shouldnt people get the iphone???

DaThunder no está en línea Stack level 3

I think alot of people will get the iPhone, its been long awaited. There is plenty of room for more types of phones!

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by DaThunder
    I think alot of people will get the iPhone, its been long awaited. There is plenty of room for more types of phones!

I agree, and it will be a catalyst to all phone makers to step up what they produce. Any Mac user currently using a Blackberry will have to take a hard look at the iPhone just because it will flawlessly sync with their computer. That alone, makes a smartphone smart.

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Crackberry for life
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

The iPhone isn't for me. And whether it lives up to the hype or not, perhaps it will cause other manufacturers to get out the latest and the greatest. e.g, the HTC Touch and the LG Prada. At least we're progressing.

jusprit no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't think so its gonna work for me. One ugly phone.

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

I mean i think it looks cool and all, as well as has some neato tricks...but i would be wiping off my screen all the time.
    It would be all smudgey and stuff.
    I know google and apple are teaming up for some cool stuff, but RIM has my techno geek heart.
    If i could edit on the fly using Final Cut Pro on an IPHONE, then, and only then would I turn my back to RIM

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by j llama
    Crackberry for life
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    werd!