Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 55

Originally Posted by BryanSE79 Because 90 percent of those reading the journal on a daily ... Smartphone News forum

  1. #16
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: Who's using Blackberry? (list)

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by BryanSE79
    Because 90 percent of those reading the journal on a daily basis, or any other business/trade newspaper, will already have one. The other 10 percent probably just declined when their company wanted to give one out.

    RIM is in a position, that they make money from NOT advertising. Word of mouth is getting them very far right now. Eventually, they will advertise, when Exchange 2003 sp2 is released more in exchange enviornments, and companys can push mail to windows mobile devices, but until then, I would say dont expect to EVER see a RIM advertisement. Why spend 20 million a year on advertising, when it will only bring in 100,000 of revenue? Definitely not worth it..........YET
    They didn't get enough exposure from all of those ads a few years ago when companies were giving away free BlackBerries when you shopped at their stores (Kohl's), or went to a technical school (Texas School of Business) or bought tires at NTB stores (National Tire and Battery)? I also saw on this forum somewhere that some cruise line was trying to get business by offering a BlackBerry when you booked a cruise last year some time. I thought these ads brought in a lot of non-corporate BB users. I didn't even know what a BlackBerry was until then because my 950, at the time I was using it, was labelled RIM (instead of BlackBerry) and was being used for AOL's Mobile Communicator Service.

  2. #17
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: Who's using Blackberry? (list)

    Found the thread I was looking for. I know it's old and the promotion is over but it's just one of the many companies that was trying to get BlackBerry known to anybody other than the corporate world. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...read.php?t=554

  3. #18
    taeisme's Avatar
    taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    594

    Re: Who's using Blackberry? (list)

    My dad works for Boeing and they use BB's!

  4. #19
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: Who's using Blackberry? (list)

    Quote Originally Posted by lmc0434
    Erica,

    You will be happy to know that I am a paramedic working for AMR (just one of my many jobs) and I am tryingmy hardest to move them to blackberry. The reason they have not went there yet is the many medical applications and Patient Report writing utilities that are available for Pocket PC's.
    lmc0434, I just went to http://www.handango.com and found a list of apps for BlackBerry you might be interested in. Look under Medical and see which apps you all could benefit from. There's Reference, Specialty, Calculators and Others (which would include first aid, etc.).

  5. #20
    sigmamason's Avatar
    sigmamason no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PIN/ID
    22BFEE32
    Posts
    95

    Re: Who's using Blackberry? (list)

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanSE79
    Because 90 percent of those reading the journal on a daily basis, or any other business/trade newspaper, will already have one. The other 10 percent probably just declined when their company wanted to give one out.

    RIM is in a position, that they make money from NOT advertising. Word of mouth is getting them very far right now. Eventually, they will advertise, when Exchange 2003 sp2 is released more in exchange enviornments, and companys can push mail to windows mobile devices, but until then, I would say dont expect to EVER see a RIM advertisement. Why spend 20 million a year on advertising, when it will only bring in 100,000 of revenue? Definitely not worth it..........YET
    I agree...if Microsoft gets their exchange push email bugs worked out, then you might see RIM start to advertise and a possible price lowering of the BIS service to attract more customers (Cingular, are you listening?)
    Right now, the major competition for RIM is the Palm Treo, but with the introduction of the Nokia E61 and the onslaught of the MS powered devices, expect RIM to fire back...
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!

  6. #21
    sigmamason's Avatar
    sigmamason no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PIN/ID
    22BFEE32
    Posts
    95

    Re: Who's using Blackberry? (list)

    In addition to Real Estate, there is heavy usage in the Mortgage Industry and I know a bunch of DJs that are starting to dump their sidekicks and moving to either Nokia E61s, Blackberrys or WM5 devices like the 8125 or the MDA...
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!

  7. #22
    CelebrityBB's Avatar
    CelebrityBB no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    PIN/ID
    23DF7E45
    Posts
    68

    Re: Who's using Blackberry? (list)

    Checkout my site to see which celebs are using it!

    www.celebrityblackberry.com
    S. Silverman

    FEEL FREE TO PIN ME:
    23DF7E45

  8. #23
    N8DBB's Avatar
    N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Posts
    6,028

    Re: Who's using Blackberry? (list)

    Indy Racing League Organization

    Indy Racing League Downforce Division

    AGR (Andretti Green Racing)

    Chip Ganassi Racing


    One of the above organizations depends strictly on RIM Blackberry devices for their members, while others are either integrating Blackberrys into their organization, or certain members of the organizations already use the devices for business purposes.

    More information will be posted soon (within a month) on Pinstack regarding the above companies and their use of RIM Blackberry Devices for their organizations. There is also talk of Penske Racing using Blackberry devices for their teams, however this has yet to be confirmed. There is also rumors that top NASCAR officials/executives also use RIM Blackberry Devices, which also has yet to be confirmed.

    More to come when more information can be released.

  9. #24
    shafferds's Avatar
    shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe
    Posts
    488

    Re: Who's using Blackberry? (list)

    This just goes to show why bb's kick a**!!! and all the cool and usefull stuff you can do with them for buiness or personal use.

  10. #25
    Toddboy71's Avatar
    Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Posts
    2,384

    Re: Who's using Blackberry? (list)

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    As more consumer models come out, RIM won't have to advertise, the carriers will more than take care of that for them. I think its brilliant. Why spend the money, when you can get others to do it!!!

  11. #26
    Crewdawg257's Avatar
    Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    248

    Re: Who's using Blackberry? (list)

    Word

  12. #27
    clmccullough's Avatar
    clmccullough no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    324A7733
    Posts
    280

    Re: Who's using Blackberry? (list)

    I was with one of the large firms and working on an outsourcing gig. The phone companies (Sprint, Verizon etc etc etc) would sponsor vendor days where they'd show up onsite(s) and offer the latest greatest to the employees.

    As well, when new stuff came out they'd offer them upgrade paths that we almost silly not to take.
    BB PIN: 32B102A8
    AIM: jnbsdad
    BB AIM: clm blackberry
    EMail:
    mailto: jnbsdad@gmail.com

  13. #28
    bcuzi8paintchips's Avatar
    bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    1,804

    Re: Who's using Blackberry? (list)

    Florida Power and Light uses BB. Nextel 7520's.

  14. #29
    Dirty Cash's Avatar
    Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Posts
    1,566

    Re: Who's using Blackberry? (list)

    So basically it's virtually everybody!!!

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  15. #30
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: Who's using Blackberry? (list)

    Yup. Just about everybody. RIM has over 5.4 million subscribers.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...t_quarter.html


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •