Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

New Case Studies Fashion Service - Retail / Wholesale Accessing Critical Message Types Using Cosynus ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Who's using Blackberry? (list)

Advertisement

New Case Studies
    • Fashion Service - Retail / Wholesale
      Accessing Critical Message Types Using Cosynus and BlackBerry
      View the Case Study
    • Gruppo Finmeccanica - Defence Industry
      View the Case Study (English)
      View the Case Study (Italian)
    • NZ Lotteries - Government / Crown-owned Entity
      NZ Lotteries Use BlackBerry and METAmessage Corporate Mobility Tools to Manage Quality Control
      View the Business Case Study
      View the Technical Case Study
    • Schoeller & Hoesch - Manufacturing
      Cosynus and BlackBerry Offer All-in-one Solution for Variety of Media
      View the Case Study
    • Stamford Law - Professional Services / Legal
      Law Firm Enhances Service Levels and Strengthens Work-Life Balance with Help From BlackBerry
    • Thompson Grading - Real Estate / Construction
      Tracking Time on-the-job is Easier with GPS Solution on BlackBerry
      View the Small Business Case Study
    Finance / Insurance
    • Aegis Funding Corporation - Case Study
    • Church Pension Group - Press Release
    • CIBC World Markets - Press Release
    • Citi Group (Salomon Smith Barney) - Press Release
    • Essex Corporation - Case Study
    • Essex Investments - Case Study
    • Jefferson Pilot Financial - Success Story
      "Providing BlackBerry technology is a significant milestone that will further differentiate Jefferson Pilot Benefit Partners from the competition. The wireless access allows our field force mobile communication capabilities with employee benefit brokers, group administrators and home office personnel. The freedom provided by this technology equips our sales force with an unprecedented level of responsiveness to our brokers and customers by taking the productivity tools - which are traditionally found in an office environment - out on the road. With BlackBerry, Jefferson Pilot Financial’s sales professionals can initiate, receive and respond to e-mail, schedule meetings and access up-to-date corporate reports while they are away from their sales offices. BlackBerry provides Jefferson Pilot Financial with a competitive advantage and a strong return on investment through improved customer service and increased productivity.''
      Len Cavallaro, Senior Vice President - Sales and Marketing, Jefferson Pilot Benefit Partners
      Also view the Press Release
    • Pioneer Investments - Technical Case Study
      Financial Company Capitalizes on BlackBerry & Pyxis Mobile CRM Access
    • Putnam Investments -
      Financial Company Switches to BlackBerry for Mobile CRM Functionality
    • Royal Bank of Scotland - Press Release

Government / Business Continuity
    • Broward County Emergency Management - Case Study
    • Cambridgeshire County Council - Case Study
      Care giver: BlackBerry helps local government improve social services
    • City of Nanaimo - Case Study
      Also view the Technical Case Study
    • City of New Orleans - Press Release
      "Access to information and people are critical to effectively running any government. BlackBerry has been essential in helping us meet that need. Since taking office, members of my administration have been able to access information via their BlackBerry handheld during important meetings without even leaving the room. That wireless access has made us extremely efficient."
      C. Ray Nagin, Mayor of the City of New Orleans
    • City of West Hollywood - Press Release
      "BlackBerry Enterprise Server ran extremely well when integrated with Exchange 2003 during our pilot test in our server lab environment. We quickly decided to move it into our production environment where it has been running smoothly ever since. I am very pleased with the performance of the BlackBerry platform with Exchange 2003."
      Mikel Gerle, Network Administrator at the City of West Hollywood
    • Department of Agriculture - Case Study
    • Department of Defense - Press Release
    • Department of Veteran Affairs - Press Release
    • Kerry Healey, Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts
      "It's the only thing that I really use constantly that's any kind of gizmo. I need a quick way that's not a cellphone to connect with my husband and my family and to be in constant contact with my chief of staff, and often during the day you need to communicate with someone and perhaps you just need a one or two word answer." One nice bonus: On election night last November, "I got messages of congratulations from my friends in England and other places all over the world, and it was great to get those messages instantaneously on my BlackBerry."
    • Lake County, Florida Sheriff’s Office - Press Release
      "The PocketBlue handhelds have proven to be a valuable addition to our PacketCluster system. We now have the ability to access information in areas where a full laptop was not feasible in the past. The PocketBlue system does just what we need - it puts the information in the hand (or pocket) of officers in bike, undercover, mounted, investigative and marine units. Unlike PCs, laptops and radios, the handhelds drop into the officer's pocket or under the seat for quick and inconspicuous access to critical information, which is particularly useful when an officer is undercover."
      Sheriff George E. Knupp, Jr. of the Lake County, FL Sheriff's Office
    • Loire Atlantique Fire & Rescue Authority - Case Study
      View the Case Study (French)

• Los Angeles Police Foundation - Press Release
      "BlackBerry from Cingular provides several benefits to the Los Angeles community. Now our Senior Lead Officers will have easy, wireless access to e-mail from members of the community, allowing them to find solutions and respond more quickly and efficiently."
      Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton

• New York City Fire Department (FDNY)- Press Release
      "This past year, there has been a sense of urgency to implement secure, reliable, wireless communication technology that enables us to easily get information to FDNY staff during emergency situations,"
      Sal Cassano, Chief of Operations
    • NZ Lotteries - Case Study
      NZ Lotteries Use BlackBerry and METAmessage Corporate Mobility Tools to Manage Quality Control
    • Port of Seattle Police Department - Press Release
      "The safety and security of citizens and travelers in both our airport and at our seaport, are of extreme importance to our department. Protecting them is our highest priority. Our working environment requires officers to leave the patrol car and interact with people on foot. Only through a handheld device can an officer in the field maintain unified data communications. A tenant of community policing is to get the officer out of the car and interacting with the people. This tool will afford the beat officer data connectivity previously available only over a Mobile Data Terminal in a vehicle. We feel tools such as PocketBlue are integral to our overall safety practices and will enhance communication infrastructure."
      Captain John Holman, Port of Seattle Police Department
    • Rotherham Brought Together Connect Program - Success Story
      "We just thought that it [BlackBerry] fitted everything we wanted. It's straightforward and simple to use, and we wanted to give them to our executive management team, people who are not perhaps used to some of the technology. They didn't want bells and whistles. They wanted something that could just deal with their emails while they were on the move"
      Jonathan Prew, Service Director of Rotherham Brought Together Connect Program
    • Snohomish County - Press Release
      "We were very pleased with the results we received by implementing Flowfinity technology on BlackBerry® handhelds. We were able to leverage systems and development skills we already had in-house and produce a fully-integrated inspection system in a relatively short amount of time. We were able to reduce costs and improve the quality of our work in the field."
      Eric Drenckpohl, Department of Information Systems
    • South Pasadena Police Department - Press Release
      "Currently, we have both detectives and uniform officers using PocketBlue. The Los Angeles County auto theft task force (TRAP) has found the handhelds to be especially useful during stakeouts and for checking junkyards and auto repair yards. In the latter, police officers, as they walk down the rows of cars, are easily able to run plates and VIN (vehicle identification number) data."
      Police Chief Michael Berkow of the South Pasadena police department
    • The Pennsylvannia Office of the Attorney General - Case Study
    • West Yorkshire Police - Government / Business Continuity
      West Yorkshire Police Increase Visibility and Productivity with BlackBerry
      View the Case Study
      View the Carrier Success Story
      View the Video

Life Sciences
    • Addenbrooke's Hospital - Case Study
    • Affiliated Surgical Associates - Case Study
    • Baylor Health
      BlackBerry Streamlines IT Change Request Approval Process
      View the Developer Case Study
      View the Case Study
      Also View the Success Story
    • Health Net - Success Story
      "If I need to respond to something that's very important, I can do that and it's not intrusive to my family or my life. BlackBerry has actually become a way of bridging the gap between Corporate America and the family."
      Myron Miller, Health Net's Director of IT for Southern California
    • LifeSource - Case Study
      When Minutes Matter Most: Time Saving BlackBerry Solution Helps With Organ Donation Process
      View the Case Study
    • McKesson Canada - Case Study
    • OrthoRehab - Case Study
    • PacifiCare - Case Study
    • Pfizer - Press Release
    • Tufts Health Plan - Press Release
      "Tufts Health Plan has been a leader in the area of e-prescribing and we are committed to improving the quality and safety of our members’ care. Our pilot program demonstrated that e-prescribing accomplishes both of these goals while reducing costs and we are pleased to launch a permanent solution that will provide the opportunity for MXR to introduce its leading-edge technologies to our physicians."
      Philip Boulter, chief medical officer of Tufts Health Plan

"Our experience in the e-prescribing pilot was fantastic and we saw a big improvement in the efficiency of writing prescriptions. E-prescribing allowed me to have prescription information at my fingertips and it significantly reduced the amount of time that my staff had to spend on prescription and pharmacy-related issues. I am anxious for the day when e-prescribing becomes standard practice across the country."
      Thomas Murray, M.D. of Women’s Health, Inc. in Salem, MA, who participated in the Tufts Health Plan pilot.
      Also view the Press Release.

PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Who's using Blackberry? (list)

Professional Services / Legal
    • Abel Band - Press Release
      "We've tested the BlackBerry for a significant amount of time to determine how our investment in this technology will enhance our ability to deliver the type of legal services that our clients demand. We concluded that BlackBerry will enable our lawyers to have instant information and be available for immediate contact with the office and clients. Our attorneys love them. BlackBerry is a real benefit to our clients when you can assist them from any location, at any time."
      Tony Abate, Managing Shareholder at Abel Band
    • Addleshaw Goddard - Press Release
    • Bricker & Eckler - Success Story
      "It helps me stay connected and productive, truly offering a great benefit for my clients, the firm and me - personally."
      David A. Rogers, Partner - Bond Department, Bricker & Eckler
    • Bricker & Eckler - Press Release
      "My BlackBerry handheld has provided me with the technology to keep in touch with the office and our clients whether or not I am in the office. It helps me stay connected and productive, truly offering a great benefit for my clients, the firm and me - personally." - David A. Rogers, Partner, Bricker & Eckler
      David A. Rogers, Partner - Bond Department, Bricker & Eckler
    • Clifford Chance - Press Release
      " BlackBerry is a real business productivity tool. Once people start to use it, they soon find they can't live without BlackBerry. Partners saw the handhelds and immediately recognized that it would make their working lives easier. Our use of BlackBerry is one of the rare instances when the introduction of technology has been driven by users. It is also the first time that the company itself has been willing to purchase wireless technology for staff, due to the obvious business benefits that BlackBerry delivers."
      Dave Turley, Global Manager of Back Office Systems and Electronic Messaging at Clifford Chance LLP
      Also view the Success Story
    • Cole, Raywind and Braverman - Press Release
      "Our firm initially deployed BlackBerry as a technical support tool, and once our attorneys saw how BlackBerry transformed the way we manage email and business communication, we knew a broader implementation was next. It's my job to ensure that our attorneys and support staff are utilizing the best technologies to service our clients and maintain the highest levels of productivity. I've examined other technologies but I have found no better solution than BlackBerry for secure, integrated, wireless access to our email and information."
      Peter Conn, CIO, Cole, Raywind and Braverman
    • Cravath, Swaine & Moore - Press Release
    • Covington & Burling
      "It sounds kind of sick to say you can't live without wireless e-mail, but it has made a huge difference in my quality of life. I have a BlackBerry wired to my hand. It's the world's greatest invention."
      Mark E. Plotkin, lawyer at Covington & Burling

"I could probably point to 12 to 15 instances in the last six months in which we've gotten new business because of BlackBerry... we would never go without."
      Executive Director John B. Waters at Covington & Burling
    • Dewey Ballantine LLP - Press Release
      "The attorneys at the firm find the technology extremely efficient and easy to use; it keeps them readily informed wherever they are so they can respond timely to their clients' needs."s to them wherever they are, instantly and reliably. That's invaluable to us."
      Eva Steiner, Dewey's Director of Information Technology
    • Elite Information Systems Inc.
      "BlackBerry - All the functionality you really need when on the go: complete PDA, e-mail, attachment viewing and limited browser functionality through third-party add-ons like Onset Technologies' browser, etc; compact size; great coverage; good alarm functionality provides backup to hotel wake-up calls; real-time, always on, no synchronization required; e-mail keeps coming all the time;use it all the time to coordinate meetings, demos, etc., when at trade shows and industry events; very reliable and simple operating system makes it very dependable; very good battery life: BlackBerry now has an integrated telephone as well!"
      Matt De Voll, Elite Information Systems Inc.
    • Ernst & Young LLP - Press Release
    • Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP - Press Release
    • Foley & Lardner
      "The BlackBerry!!!! I've been using it for more than four years and I will kill you if you remove it from my dead hand after I die."
      Douglas Caddell, Foley & Lardner
    • Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP - Press Release
      "Responsiveness is critical to our success. When clients retain an elite law firm like GD&C, they expect easy and constant access to our lawyers, particularly during a crisis. With BlackBerry, even when our lawyers are travelling or otherwise out of their offices, they can be in touch with their clients. We also use BlackBerry to stay in touch from depositions and court rooms where cell phones aren't an option."
      Adam Bendell, Technology Counsel and Chair of the Technology Committee for Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
    • Gibson, McClure, Wallace & Daniels, L.L.P. - Press Release
    • Greenebaum Doll & McDonald - Press Release
      "Equipping all our professionals and senior staff with the BlackBerry makes good business sense for us and our clients. Our practice moves at ever-increasing speeds because our clients’ businesses are doing the same. BlackBerry wireless email will keep our lawyers in constant communication with our clients, the firm and other professionals. It will provide clients with one more avenue for communicating with us any time they choose to do so, wherever we are."
      Rick Anderson, Chairman of the firm's Executive Committee and Chief Executive Officer
    • Hennigan, Bennett & Dorman LLP - Press Release
      "The ability to manage our BlackBerry Enterprise Server directly from my BlackBerry handheld with sonicadmin will allow me the flexibility to configure user accounts and make changes to the server from virtually anywhere."
      Jim Bergman, Director of Information Technology
    • Holland & Knight - Case Study
      Law Firm Seamlessly Manages Nationwide Deployment
      Also view the Success Story (2001)
    • Hunton & Williams - Press Release
      "The combination of BlackBerry from RIM and the Legal Mobility Server from InfoClarus has provided our attorneys with the increased mobility and productivity they have been looking for. Our attorneys can access the information they need while in court or in a client's office. It's flexible, portable, and adds significant leverage to the firm's existing mobile technology investments."
      Jamie Booth, Director of Information Technology
    • Katten Mucin Zavis Rosenman
      "Our attorneys buy their own handheld devices, so they can choose the technology with which they are most comfortable and which best suits their requirements. While supporting multiple device types places an additional burden on the IT department, it's a necessity in a multioffice environment where no one vendor can provide optimum wireless coverage and service. So far, 400 of the 600 attorneys have opted to use the service, underlining the effectiveness of the deployment...So far, BlackBerry is by far the most popular, with about 350 users."
      Peter Durr, Director of IT at Katten Muchin Zavis Rosenman
    • Kaye Scholer LLP - Press Release
      "BlackBerry by Motient for Lotus Notes is a great solution. We’ve been using the service for a number of months and everything’s running smoothly. With Motient’s great network, I can now access my email wherever and whenever I want."
      Lee Farin, senior project manager of the law firm, Kaye Scholer LLP
    • Kelley Drye & Warren LLP - Success Story
      "Cingular has made our people true mobile professionals. More and more of an attorney's time is spent out of the office. Now, they're able to communicate quickly - with one another and, more importantly, with clients - wherever they are without having to hunt down a land-line to plug into."
      Judi Flournoy, Director of Information Technology for Kelley Drye
    • Kronish Lieb Weiner & Hellman
      "Definitely the BlackBerry 6210. With paging/voice/data (attachments too!) all in one, men no longer have to walk around with a belt full of electonics and women can carry our little clutch handbags and still stay connected. It synchronizes with your Outlook contacts so a wheel-click is all you need to dial any number you have stored. (Definitely safer than dialing a cell phone while driving.) Your call history displays on the screen helping you follow-up when you reach your office without the need for post-it notes."
      Deena Coffman, Kronish Lieb Weiner & Hellman
    • Markowitz, Davis, Ringel & Trusty, P.A. - Press Release
      "There's absolutely no doubt about the effectiveness of BlackBerry during crunch time. The ability to do things wirelessly is incredible and BlackBerry has greatly increased my productivity level and ability to satisfy clients. I frankly don't know why anyone would have any other product; BlackBerry is clearly the best on the market."
      Jerry Markowitz, Managing Partner at Markowitz, Davis, Ringel & Trusty, P.A.
    • Mintz Levin - Press Release
      "Our experience with BlackBerry has been very positive. The productivity enhancements that we've gained for the attorneys and the senior professionals here have been significant. We definitely achieved those very early on in the process of getting the people the mobility, the connectivity and the accessibility that they need to continue to deliver an enhanced level of client service. The return on investment has skyrocketed."
      David Gregson, Director of Information Systems, Mintz Levin
    • Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo - Press Release
      "The mobilization is a tremendous benefit. We have had a phenomenal response to METAmessage because our staff can now immediately respond to documents that clients send and can provide a much higher level of client service. The solution is giving them the benefits that we hoped it would."
      David J. Gregson, Information Services Director at Mintz Levin
    • Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo PC - Case Study
      "Client service is the holy grail. Being able to respond to clients on-the-go is very important to increasing billable hours. BlackBerry has revolutionized the legal industry."
      David Gregson, Director of Information Systems, Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo PC
    • Morgan Miller Blair - Case Study
      Trailblazing Law Firm Leads with BlackBerry Legal Applications
    • Palmer & Dodge, LLP - Press Release
      "As more time is spent out of the office, attorneys must rely on the process of dialing into the firm's network after a full day of work - downloading e-mail in order to respond to clients or to view documents usually hours after the original message was sent. With Cingular's Xpress Mail BlackBerry Edition, they're already a step ahead, whether traveling or in the office."
      Carl Easton, Director of Information Systems for Palmer & Dodge
    • Paul Hastings - Success Story
      "For the legal industry, BlackBerry has become an invaluable tool in maintaining a strong relationship with our clients in a highly competitive industry. Attorneys are able to respond to client emergencies and provide real time status reports."
      Mary Odson, CIO, Paul Hasting
    • Piper Marbyry Rudnick & Wolfe LLP - Press Release
      "In order to best serve our clients, our lawyers need to be equipped with the most advanced mobile computing tools available. The BlackBerry service and Motient's experience and proven ability to cater to the legal community, is a combination that currently provides the best possible solution for wireless email."
      Denée Rosasco of PMRW
    • Reed Smith LLP - Case Study
      "At Reed Smith, we have a management team that is based in various cities and traveling all the time. We are committed to providing an unsurpassed level of customer service and BlackBerry allows our attorneys to respond to the needs of our clients regardless of their location. BlackBerry has provided our team with secure, wireless access to email and corporate data and I could not imagine us being this effective without the solution. Our BlackBerry handhelds have also helped us maintain connectivity when business interruptions occur, such as the northeast power outage, with pin-to-pin communication. Additionally, we are a results and customer focused firm and the always connected feature of BlackBerry supports this culture. I could not imagine leaving the office without my BlackBerry handheld."
      Gary Sokulski, Chief Administrative Officer at Reed Smith
    • Richards Butler - Success Story
      "BlackBerry enables me to be fully informed wherever I am. I estimate that it has made my train commute at least 30 per cent more productive and has improved my overall productivity by 15 per cent - and that is significant."
      Richard Harvey, Partner at Richards Butler
    • Ropes & Gray - Case Study
    • Skadden, Arps, Slate Meagher and Flom LLP & Affiliates - Press Release
    • Stikeman Elliot, Baker & McKenzie - Press Release
    • Stamford Law - Case Study
      Law Firm Enhances Service Levels and Strengthens Work-Life Balance with Help From BlackBerry

Real Estate / Construction
    • GMAC Home Services - Press Release
      "We are committed to providing our sales associates with cutting-edge tools that enable them to provide an increased level of service throughout the transaction. BlackBerry will enable our sales associates to provide even greater levels of customer service by staying continuously connected to clients and vital MLS information. Our agreement with RIM makes GMAC Home Services the first national real estate franchiser to offer BlackBerry as a productivity tool to its real estate sales associates."
      John Bearden, GMAC Home Services' president and CEO
    • Grayson Homes - Case Study
      Wireless Technology Drives Superior Quality Control for U.S. Homebuilder
      View the Press Release
    • OneMove Ltd - Case Study
      Smooth Moves: BlackBerry helps take the stress out of moving home
    • JJ Barnicke Limited - Case Study
      View the Video Testimonial: QuickTime, Windows Media
    • Prudential Palms Realty - Success Story
      "On-the-spot responses are magic for many people. They see how professional and efficient you can be with BlackBerry and are more apt to use you. It is an amazing tool and, even for someone like me who is techno-logically challenged, it is an indispensable part of me."
      Jim Soda, Prudential Palms Realty
    • Thompson Grading - Small Business Case Study
      Tracking Time on-the-job is Easier with GPS Solution on BlackBerry
    • Tucson Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service Inc. - Press Release
      "When we consider new programs for our members, our primary goal is to find new productivity tools that will boost sales productivity, provide better customer service, quicken the search for properties and add membership value, all at an affordable cost. Of all the wireless solutions we’ve considered, Mobile Listing Advantage delivers all that and more. It is by far the most agile, easy to use and effective tool to help our members save time and provide greater service to their clients through enhanced technologies."
      Gary Doran, chief executive officer of the Tucson Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service, Inc.

PIN/ID
    ask

Other Industries
    • Analog Devices - Case Study
    • Associated Global Systems - Press Release
      "A primary goal of AGS and our IT staff is to provide our customers with immediate information on their account and on specific shipments and logistics movements. APRIVA and AGS fit perfectly together in the development of Freight Tracker. Their ability to provide the application, hardware and wireless solution was very appealing to us. Creating the Freight Tracker application using our transportation expertise as a blueprint will allow us to provide our customers with access to any shipment's status instantly on our web site. Not only is that an important piece in the technological solution, but real-time shipment information will help give our customers a competitive advantage in their business and, consequently, allow us to keep the advantage in ours."
      Paul G. Moschetti, Director of Communications at Associated Global Systems
    • BAA - Press Release
    • Bechtel - Press Release
    • Bellinger & DeWolf - Press Release
      "Once we saw how Timetag allows us to enter billable time directly into the BlackBerry calendar, the decision to equip our billable staff with BlackBerry handhelds became an easy one."
      Glen Bellinger, Co-founding Partner of Bellinger & DeWolf
    • Bell West - Press Release
    • BNFL - Success Story
      "As soon as we gave out the BlackBerry handhelds as part of the solution trial it was obvious we were not going to get them back. People instantly recognised what a great tool it was going to be to help their working lives."
      Steve Davies, IT Manager, BNFL
    • BostonCoach - Press Release
      "Timely, accurate communication is critical to achieving the levels of service and quality BostonCoach provides. Our primary goal is to provide our customers with superior service. This next-generation solution from Cingular is the communications technology that will enable BostonCoach to continue to meet and surpass our customers’ expectations."
      Todd Stephens, Vice President, Operations
    • BÖWE BELL + HOWELL - Case Study
      Also view the Technical Case Study
    • Brookfield LePage Johnson Controls - Press Release
    • CBS/Viacom - Press Release
    • Choice Point - Case Study
    • Conference Planners - Case Study
    • CN - Technical Case Study
      BlackBerry Supports Reliable Dispatch Solution for National Rail Leader
    • Dataco - Case Study
    • Descartes Systems Group Inc. - Success Story
      "The speed of responsiveness and acceleration of business cycle time is daunting. BlackBerry enables anytime, anywhere communications."
      Jonathan Tice, Senior VP Global Marketing
    • Diageo - Press Release
      "We have been a long-term voice customer with O2 and, after examining all the different options, it made sense to look at exploring mobile data with the company. I think all users would agree that it's an incredibly useful system and feedback is that it frees up to two additional business hours for each of our users per day. Everyone is always in contact and its high levels of security exceeded all Diageo's stringent guidelines. It's become part of our culture to the extent where many of us wonder how we ever managed without it."
      Jonathan Breedon, Diageo IS Manager Corporate and Global Functions
    • Energen - Technical Case Study
      Service Improves With Wireless IT Administration and Management
    • Eurodesign - Case Study
      "Right about the time I was really pulling my hair out, I came across BlackBerry and Onset Technology. We installed the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, and began a pilot project, implementing Onset Technology's METAmessage software to automate our work orders. Whoever used BlackBerry felt it was superior to any previously seen solution, and most loved it 100%. "
      Dennis Retherford, VP, Operations
    • Fairmont Hotels & Resorts - Press Release
    • Fashion Service - Case Study
      Accessing Critical Message Types Using Cosynus and BlackBerry
    • Flight Options - Case Study
      " By making their jobs easier with the BlackBerry solution, we've heard that morale has improved. They feel more connected to the organization and feel confident that they have the most up-to-date information to do their jobs effectively."
      David Davies, CIO, Flight Options
      Also view the Video Testimonial: QuickTime, Windows Media
    • Fox Filmed Entertainment - Press Release
      "We needed a reliable carrier with network coverage everywhere we travel in the U.S., which is why Motient was our top choice. The fact that eLink works in harmony with our Novell Groupwise applications was a huge factor in our decision as well. The executives at Fox are constantly mobile, either on location, in airports, or in meetings away from their offices. Motient's network gets their messages to them wherever they are, instantly and reliably. That's invaluable to us."
      Nader Karimi, vice president of emerging technology at Fox Filmed Entertainment
    • Fuji Graphics Systems of Canada - Press Release
    • GMTV - Case Study
    • Gruppo Finmeccanica - Case Study
      View the Case Study (Italian)
    • The Hempel Hotel - Case Study
      London Luxe: Famous boutique hotel's highly personal service starts with BlackBerry
    • Henry County Board of Education - Case Study
    • Hunt Oil - Press Release
    • IBM - Press Release
    • Illinois Power - Success Story
    • Infostream Technologies - Press Release
    • InterNoded and PGA - Success Story
      "The BlackBerry solutions from InterNoded in use during the Deutsche Bank Tournament allowed us to provide what I believe to be an unprecedented level of customer service to the fans and sponsors that supported the event."
      Jay Monahan, tournament director for the Deutsche Bank Championship
    • IPC Informations Systems - Case Study
    • ITC - Case Study
    • Kogod School of Business - Case Study
    • Lafarge North America - Case Study
    • Litton Industries - Press Release
    • Make It Work LCC - Case Study
    • Miami - Dade County Public Schools - Case Study
    • Mobile Data Solutions, Inc. - Press Release
      "But by using Cingular Interactive's Interactive Messaging PLUS, I was able to keep working - wirelessly - via the service's interactive messaging and Internet e-mail features on my RIM 950 Wireless Handheld to send and receive messages, including to respond to voice mails that I hadn't been able to return."
      Jim Reed, Vice President of Business Development, Wireless Solutions, for Mobile Data Solutions, Inc.
    • Nantucket Nectars - Success Story
      "I’m travelling constantly across the United States and need to keep up with my corporate email. BlackBerry allows me to stay connected and in-touch with my colleagues and clients in real-time."
      Tom Scott, Co-Founder & CEO
    • National Basketball Association (NBA) - Case Study
      "The moment we got the BlackBerry handhelds into their hands, it was like a match made in heaven. They loved it right away!"
      Michael Gliedman, NBA CIO
    • NetJets - Case Study
    • Northrop Gruman - Press Release
    • Oxford Medical School - Case Study
      Medical school picks BlackBerry as remedy for mobile groupware access
    • Paycom.net - Press Release
    • PepsiCo - Press Release
    • Pitney Bowes - Case Study
      “All of these improvements affect the bottom line. We'll keep reaping the benefits for years because we can now understand how our employees and products are performing and what that means to our customers.”
      Ralph Nichols, Program Manager, Pitney Bowes
    • R.R. Donnelley Logistics - Press Release
      "R.R. Donnelley Logistics selected Novarra and BlackBerry as part of our wireless scanning solution, SmartTracker, to enable us to collect real-time scan data. We use the information to manage on-time performance of pick-ups and deliveries with greater precision and gain new insight into further optimizing routes for cost efficiency."
      Toni Thompson, Director of Information Technology
    • Robert Transport - Case Study
    • Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. - Case Study
      "Our employees are empowered by BlackBerry, as it enables them to access important emails, attachments, calendar updates and internal documents along with the ability to make phone calls. We are quickly seeing a favorable return on investment. When employees travel abroad, they no longer need to always carry a laptop and that provides direct cost savings. BlackBerry is also a powerful productivity tool that personally saves me 30 to 60 minutes per day."
      Greg Martin, Technology Manager, Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises

"BlackBerry keeps me connected to the information I need and enables me to easily collaborate with my management team. I carry my BlackBerry 7230 everywhere."
      President and Chief Operating Officer Jack Williams.

• Raytheon Aircraft Integration Systems - Press Release
    • SAIC - Success Story
      "A lot of our communication is time-sensitive. BlackBerry enables us to respond to colleagues and clients quickly and efficiently. Our users no longer need to worry about a growing batch of unread messages waiting for them at their desk. Harnessing email on the move has significantly improved efficiency, productivity, quality of service and communications between colleagues internally."
      Paul Gray, senior systems engineer, SAIC
    • Salesforce.com - Business Case Study
      Salesforce.com Deploys Own CRM Application on BlackBerry for Its Worldwide Sales Force
    • Schoeller & Hoesch - Case Study
      Cosynus and BlackBerry Offer All-in-one Solution for Variety of Media
    • Scion Sales Team
      Lead Capture and Customer Interaction at Auto Shows Improves with Custom BlackBerry Wireless Solution
    • SeeBeyond - Success Story
      "Before BlackBerry, I always felt that email was a burden. Blackberry made email productive again, and because of its anytime/anywhere connectivity, I can deal with email effectively leaving much more time to deal with key customers and core activities."
      Andy Balchin, Vice President Finance & Corporate Service, EMEA, SeeBeyond
    • SIG PLC - Press Release
    • Southern Nazarene University - Technical Case Study
      University Does More with Wireless Without Increasing IT Resources
    • The Stellar Group - Case Study
    • StorageTek - Customer Success Video (Windows Media | Quicktime)
    • StorageTek Europe - Customer Success Video (Windows Media)
    • Suncor Energy - Case Study
      View the Video Testimonial: QuickTime, Windows Media
    • Swift Charter and Aircraft Management - Case Study
    • Trademark Plastics - Press Release
    • Universal ATM Service - Press Release
      "UATM prides itself in being a service leader for our customers and a first mover when it comes to technology which streamlines operations. We recognize the importance of automation and convenience for our customers and staff, which is why we selected AIRIX coupled with RIM's BlackBerry handhelds . This step into wireless is expected to further extend our lead with customer satisfaction while at the same time increasing efficiencies and reduction or elimination of paperwork."
      Dwayne Biggs, President for UATM
    • Universal Studios - Press Release
    • Xerox - Press Release
      "This relationship between Xerox and RIM represents Xerox's commitment to improve the technology available to the mobile workforce. Xerox's own team is already able to increase response times and boost sales productivity."
      Gil Hatch, president, Office Systems Group, Xerox

Quotes
    • Carlos Delgado, First Baseman/DH, Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Club
      "I've been using the BlackBerry for eight months and I find it extremely convenient for keeping in touch with people while I am on the road. BlackBerry is great because you no longer need to turn on your PC or dial into your E-mail. You turn it on and you are connected."
    • Joe Sakic, Team Captain for the Colorado Avalanche
      "I travel extensively during the hockey season, and I was looking for a reliable way to stay connected to my email without dialing in repeatedly and lugging around bulky equipment. My BlackBerry handheld stays on and connected continuously, so I receive my email promptly while I'm on the road. It's a great way to stay in touch with people."
    • Pamela Wallin, Broadcast Celebrity and Canada's Consul General in New York City
      "I stand up when I give speeches, hold up my BlackBerry, which everybody in the world has, and say, 'Canadian technology.'"
    • Barry Zito, Cy Young award winner
      "While on the road with the team, I like to stay in constant touch with my friends and family via email. BlackBerry provides me with easy access to my email in a small handheld so I don't have to lug around or dial into a computer."

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

You can add the United States Air Force! We are a huge user of BB.

aznzl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    201AA5A9

You can also add US secret service. they all use the BB!

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Home Depot. District Managers and up all have them. Starting to float down to store managers. I was still the first in my store to get one, then 2 managers followed my lead.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I found out recently that American Medical Response, the largest privately owned ambulance transportation service was NOT using BlackBerry, when they came to get me for a doctor's appointment recently (I had surgery in January and the only way I can be transported is by ambulance cause I can't sit up in my chair yet). I told one of the people riding with me that I had a BlackBerry and she looked at me like she didn't know what I was talking about. LOL I've read case studies where other companies use them, and I have seen several people on this forum who drive ambulances say they were using BlackBerry so this came as a total surprise to me. The guy that was with us that particular day was using a Pocket PC. Everyone else there uses Sprint, T-Mobile, etc phones but not ONE SINGLE BlackBerry. If I work for them one day, I will definitely change this LOL
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-06-2006 at 01:18 AM.

PIN/ID
    ask

another addition: Washington Mutual Bank

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    My personal belief is that within the next 6 months you will see a lot more private businesses using blackberry.
    Now the question I have is why is blackberry not putting ads out? It seems to me that they would attract so many more users if they advertised in something like the wall street journal, newsweek, usa today or local papers. It seems as if there is a huge market they are missing due to lack of advertising.
    Does rim even have a marketing dept?

PIN/ID
    ask

Maybe the ad buget was that 600 mil they gave NTP

lmc0434 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B09322

Erica,

You will be happy to know that I am a paramedic working for AMR (just one of my many jobs) and I am tryingmy hardest to move them to blackberry. The reason they have not went there yet is the many medical applications and Patient Report writing utilities that are available for Pocket PC's.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Oh ok thanks for letting me know.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Maybe Blackberry advertises to business in ways we don't see. Don't think a tv ad would be the best way.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    My personal belief is that within the next 6 months you will see a lot more private businesses using blackberry.
    Now the question I have is why is blackberry not putting ads out? It seems to me that they would attract so many more users if they advertised in something like the wall street journal, newsweek, usa today or local papers. It seems as if there is a huge market they are missing due to lack of advertising.
    Does rim even have a marketing dept?
    Because 90 percent of those reading the journal on a daily basis, or any other business/trade newspaper, will already have one. The other 10 percent probably just declined when their company wanted to give one out.

RIM is in a position, that they make money from NOT advertising. Word of mouth is getting them very far right now. Eventually, they will advertise, when Exchange 2003 sp2 is released more in exchange enviornments, and companys can push mail to windows mobile devices, but until then, I would say dont expect to EVER see a RIM advertisement. Why spend 20 million a year on advertising, when it will only bring in 100,000 of revenue? Definitely not worth it..........YET

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSE79
    Because 90 percent of those reading the journal on a daily basis, or any other business/trade newspaper, will already have one. The other 10 percent probably just declined when their company wanted to give one out.

RIM is in a position, that they make money from NOT advertising. Word of mouth is getting them very far right now. Eventually, they will advertise, when Exchange 2003 sp2 is released more in exchange enviornments, and companys can push mail to windows mobile devices, but until then, I would say dont expect to EVER see a RIM advertisement. Why spend 20 million a year on advertising, when it will only bring in 100,000 of revenue? Definitely not worth it..........YET
    That makes a lot of sense.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast