First of all the new BlackBerry 8120 Pearl includes 4.3 OS! Wi-Fi for mobile calling: ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

What’s New with the BlackBerry Pearl 8120

Advertisement

First of all the new BlackBerry 8120 Pearl includes 4.3 OS!

Wi-Fi for mobile calling:

•Effortlessly transition between Wi-Fi calling and T-Mobile’s wireless network
    while you talk. Get great coverage at home when used with a T-Mobile HotSpot @Home wireless router. Unlimited nationwide calls over Wi-Fi, at home or at any U.S. T-Mobile HotSpot, with the T-Mobile HotSpot@Home Add-On plan.

High speed Internet:
    •Whether you’re near a Wi-Fi connection or on the T-Mobile network you can quickly surf the web and view pictures, documents and other large attachments. With the optional web guard feature activated, certain websites are automatically filtered for safer browsing.

Personal and work e-mail:
    •Send and receive messages from your personal and work e-mail accounts. 2 megapixel camera and enhanced flash:
    •Snap quality digital shots whenever you want to, and send
    them off right away. Whenever your shots demand extra light, you’ve got it – automatically.

Video capture:
    •Sometimes special moments happen when you’d least expect. Now you can capture them on video and share them right away.

External microSD card slot:
    •Access your memory card easily, without having to turn off your device or
    remove its battery. Enhanced background noise, wind and echo cancellation:
    •Hear and be heard, even in loud environments like airports, restaurants or busy downtown streets.

Stereo Bluetooth support:
    • Keep your hands free while you talk or listen. Stereo Bluetooth support en-
    sures you can access top-quality wireless audio. Record voice notes and send them via email:
    •Save time and get your message across conveniently with
    an audio note you can send via email

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~when will the 8120 be released for t-mobile?

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    How long can one surf the net through wifi?

And do you have enough power to use the regular features for the rest of the day after 1 hour of wifi use?

How about 2 hrs of wifi use?

Cheers!

arysseus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242F676A
    I still think it stinks that all of us that rushed out and bought the expensive Blackberry 8100 as soon as it came out are stuck without video capture capabilities....

I envy those with Pearls that can capture video.. but I don't really think it is worth shelling out an additional 200-300 to buy a brand new pearl just for that.

Darn technology. You buy something, and a few months later it is already obsolete.

trapdogg no está en línea Stack level 2
    Amen brother arysseus

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by arysseus View Post
    I still think it stinks that all of us that rushed out and bought the expensive Blackberry 8100 as soon as it came out are stuck without video capture capabilities....

I envy those with Pearls that can capture video.. but I don't really think it is worth shelling out an additional 200-300 to buy a brand new pearl just for that.

Darn technology. You buy something, and a few months later it is already obsolete.
    President Bush is sending all tax-payers a $600 check to help boost the economy... shelling out the money to get my video capable Pearl. Everyone wants the Wi-Fi, yeah its a good benefit but I want the new OS, the Video Recording, the ability to make my own homescreen folders, and an external SD slot with 4GB support!

Ahhh, can't wait!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by arysseus View Post

Well in fairness, the 8100 has been out almost 17 months in the US, a little longer abroad.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    I think I know what I'm spending that rebate on... This phone and a 4gb memory card, maybe a new skin from decal girl.....the sky is the limit!!
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by pearl-8100 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~when will the 8120 be released for t-mobile?
    April 14th!!!

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~how much will it be?

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    President Bush is sending all tax-payers a $600 check to help boost the economy... shelling out the money to get my video capable Pearl. Everyone wants the Wi-Fi, yeah its a good benefit but I want the new OS, the Video Recording, the ability to make my own homescreen folders, and an external SD slot with 4GB support!

Ahhh, can't wait!
    Thank you for helping the economy!
    Never wanted to be a simple man...