Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CTIA Wireless 2008 - VoiceCloud today announces the first, and only, real-time voice-to-text transcription service. ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

VoiceCloud Launches Real-Time Voice-To-Text Transcription Service

Advertisement

CTIA Wireless 2008 - VoiceCloud today announces the first, and only, real-time voice-to-text transcription service. With VoiceCloud’s innovative solution, users are now able to access and read their voicemail messages – transcribed in real-time – on either a mobile device or online. Utilizing VoiceCloud’s patent-pending streaming audio technology to enable real-time information delivery and hardware that allows multiple concurrent connections, messages that may take anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes to get to the user with other solutions, will now be instantaneously delivered with the VoiceCloud service.

In connection with CTIA Wireless 2008 in Las Vegas, April 1-3, VoiceCloud will be offering their new voice-to-text service free-of-charge for a trial period. For more information on how to sign up for this service, visit VoiceCloud at booth 4427-X in the M-tertainment Pavilion or visit www.voicecloud.com.

Whether users are on a mobile phone, iPhone, Blackberry or online, they can immediately see who has called and what was said – ensuring that critical voice messages are never missed.

Compared to existing voice-to-text transcription solutions, the VoiceCloud solution is completely turnkey. With all resources and operations managed in-house, processes are streamlined and the time and costs of dealing with third-parties are eliminated. This enables VoiceCloud to oversee total quality control and pass their cost-savings on to the user in the way of competitive pricing – anywhere from 30 to 50 percent of the cost of other market offerings – and flexible pricing options.

“We are extremely excited to bring this revolutionary new service to market and make audio and voice transcription truly available anytime and anywhere,” says Gerald Marolda, CEO of VoiceCloud. “Additionally, the fact that our solution is managed and implemented totally in-house, means that we are able to guarantee that our customers receive efficient, expedient, accurate and secure services.” Marolda continues.

Compatible with major US carriers and supporting both fixed and mobile networks, other unique features of the VoiceCloud solution include unlimited voice and transcription storage and retrieval, a specially designed interface for the iPhone, a seamless API option and 24/7 customer service and support.

jthurs no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does anyone have to promo code to sign up?

nautis no está en línea Stack level 1
    i just made up an invite code and it worked. looks like a cool service. i currently use simulsays.

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.
    hey nautis what did you type..? what was the code..?

nautis no está en línea Stack level 1
    i think it was just "cloud"

PIN/ID
    ask.
    niice thanks ;]

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998
    Any idea on pricing? I couldn't find anything.

PIN/ID
    ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by paullamm View Post
    Any idea on pricing? I couldn't find anything.
    ITS A FREE BETA EDITION YOU JUST NEED AN INVITE CODE

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I can't register. Did you guys register on PC or BB
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

howieg no está en línea Stack level 1
    How do you change the Voicemail. Its set t say the cell number not available. Can you change it. I can't find anything. Also it did not transcribe my voicemails.does anyone know what I'm doing wrong

PIN/ID
    ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by ziminvades View Post
    I can't register. Did you guys register on PC or BB
    you need an invite code

How do you change the Voicemail. Its set to say the cell number not available. Can you change it. I can't find anything. Also it did not transcribe my voicemails.does anyone know what I'm doing wrong

I just registered from my home computer and used cloud as my invite code.

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I feel I've made slight progress in getting registration of this beta program to work. After signup, as a T-Mobile customer I was told to enter *004*13148980195*11# (Then press call or send)
    I did this, and an error was displayed. With my telecommunications background with Verizon, and understanding that a fixed call forwarding feature set is usually installed in the switch to xfer calls after X many seconds to a generalized voice mail telephone number; where it then will use your caller ID number to direct the caller into your personalized voicemail box with your greeting... I did some research. Here's what I found (this is T-Mobile switch specific);

# # 004 # - Cancel all Call Forwarding
    * * 004 * number # - Provision all Call Forwarding types
    **61*1-backdoor number**seconds# - (For example, 5, 10, 15, etc.) Change Call Forwarding Delay (5-30seconds)

This means that Voice Cloud actually meant for you to dial * * 004 * THEIR VOICEMAIL SYSTEM'S PHONE NUMBER # (obviously with the voicemail phone number being: 13148980195 ... The remaining *11 must have been their creative way of trying to specify the call forwarding delay should be 11 seconds. Which would allow your phone to ring for 11 seconds (I think that's close to the 4 rings we're accustomed to-I forget), and then transfer the call to the Voice Cloud voicemail system.

Once I entered the code * * 004 * 13148980195 # I received a prompt on my phone saying that my call forward modification has been completed successfully.

So far this service was looking promising. Until I tried calling myself. My call was sent to their system instead of my normal voicemail (like it should have), but sadly the greeting just said "000 is unavailable" *beep* ... So I tried to leave myself a message. Then I waited... and waited... and kept waiting to receive a email notification, or any indication the service received a voice message for me. _I did not_ ...

I take the time to tell you all of this to tell you that if you entered the command you were instructed to enter to "activate" your service with VoiceCloud- Your calls may not be getting routed to your blackberry, OR if your caller goes to voicemail, they are more than likely not getting to your usual T-Mobile voicemail, but a possibly broken VoiceCloud mailbox- where you may never be notified that the message was left, and you may never be able to retrieve your messages.

TO ENSURE YOU ARE RECEIVING YOUR VOICEMAILS, I RECOMMEND YOU VERIFY THE CONFIGURATION ON YOUR BLACKBERRY DEVICE.

To do this begin at the Home Screen;

Press SEND/green key ONCE - this will display your call log/recent calls screen
    Press MENU/BB key (to the left of your trackball)
    Scroll/Choose "OPTIONS"
    Scroll/Choose "VOICEMAIL" ... write down the phone number you see displayed.
    Press the BACK arrow once (to the right of the trackball). This returns you to the OPTIONS menu.
    Scroll/Choose "CALL FORWARDING"
    ...Your blackberry device will now query the T-Mobile/Any service provider's network switch and display your phone number's call forwarding configuration.
    IF you see that your calls are being forwarded to a different number than the one you just wrote down, you'll want to change this to the correct number (the one you wrote down). Chances are the phone number is already stored in the numbers to choose from if you scroll over and click on the number shown and then you can change ALL 3 lines under "FORWARD UNANSWERED CALLS" IF BUSY| IF NO REPLY | IF NOT AVAILABLE.
    Take care to ensure the bottom set of options are selected and _NOT_ "forward all calls". If you chose "forward all calls" then your phone would not ever ring, and ANY call to your number will just go to voicemail, and your callers would be forced to leave voicemails to you.

This is all probably pretty garbled. If someone decides to clean it up/explain it better; go for it! It's way past my bedtime so best of luck
    --
    Walt

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    PacificDude8 I gave you a REP point and screwed up the message. Lol. I thank you for all the info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast