This is an update for vlingo users who have reported that they have been experiencing ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Vlingo Issues New Update for Connection Problems

Advertisement

This is an update for vlingo users who have reported that they have been experiencing connection problems. Last week we announced that we thought we had a fix for most of you and invited users to participate in an early release of the fix. Our testing went quite well, and we are sending this note to let you know that we have now made this release generally available.

This release should help users who meet the following criteria:
    1. Are currently experiencing connection problems. If you are getting "Request Timed Out" errors or if your BlackBerry is WiFi-enabled and you are able to use vlingo over WiFi but not over the mobile network, this fix may help you. Particularly, users on the T-Mobile and Rogers networks have had significant success with this release.
    2. Have a data plan. Vlingo is network-based, so you need a data plan in order to use it.
    3. Are running a version of the BlackBerry OS supported by vlingo. Vlingo supports OS versions 4.2 (4.2.1 and higher) and 4.3. Note that we do not yet support version 4.5, although many users have reported success using it.
    4. Are running a version of vlingo prior to 1.0.1.12535. For those of you who participated in the field test or the beta, there is no need to switch to a new version.
    If vlingo is currently running fine on your BlackBerry, or if you are experiencing problems unrelated to connection, there is no need to upgrade your version, as there are no additional features or fixes in this release. If you participated in the beta, there is no need to upgrade.

How do I get it?

Before you get the new version, make sure that you uninstall the version of vlingo currently on your BlackBerry and then reboot your device. The new version will NOT work unless you first uninstall the old version. Then you can get the new version any of the following ways:
    • From your built-in BlackBerry browser, navigate to the following link:
      http://m.vlingo.com/
      Click on the "2. Download vlingo" section and then "Download now!" to download the new version.
    • To have a link sent to your phone, navigate your PC browser to:
      http://www.vlingo.com
      and fill out the "Get vlingo on your BlackBerry" section.
    • If you prefer to or need to download using Desktop Manager, send an email to vlingosupport@vlingo.com and tell us that you need the sideload files for the beta. Be sure to tell us your OS version so we can send you the right files.
    Troubleshooting

If the new build does not work for you, there are a few things you can try that may get you up and running:
    1. Verify your APN settings
      The software will work only if your APN settings are correct. To find your APN settings, go to BlackBerry Options > Advanced > TCP. If your carrier is T-Mobile, your settings should be:
      APN: wap.voicestream.com
      Username for APN: (blank)
      Password for APN: (blank)
      A good list of settings for other carriers can be found here:
      http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...eway_port.html
    2. If your BlackBerry is WiFi-enabled, we have a known issue in the interaction between the WiFi and mobile networks. If you find vlingo still does not work over the mobile network, try turning your WiFi off. We are working on this issue as well, but for now this should get you working.
    We realize that this doesn't get everyone working yet. Particularly, people running the 4.5 OS or using networks outside of the US and Canada (although we do have lots of successful users in both of those groups). If none of these settings help you, please send an email to vlingosupport@vlingo.com and let us know.

hunterp101 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241F126D

Still doesn't work.

This update didn't change anything. Still doesn't work on my curve 8320.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterp101 View Post
    This update didn't change anything. Still doesn't work on my curve 8320.
    Send them an email at vlingosupport@vlingo.com and say that the fix doesn't work.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

cuggi5 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    OK...it worked once i fixed the tcp thing. thnks

beamolite no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F73F86
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Works great once I set the APN to wap.voicestream.com.

jforce1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Really? Another update? I have .1235b4.3 installed right now on my 8100 and I'm getting the network timeout error. First of all, is this version any different? And secondly, does is fix the 8100 issue? This is getting extremely frustrating. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

munkee no está en línea Stack level 2
    Downloading now. I hope 3rd time's the charm.

*keeping my fingers crossed*

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

munkee no está en línea Stack level 2
    Finally I got it to work. At first it didn't then I started playing around with the connection settings. I changed the connection port to alternate and I finally got step 4 to work. Time to play with the program.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cass921 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i didn't think Vlingo would work on my 8700g the first time it didn't then i decided to try again with the new update i uninstalled the first version and reinstalled the date date and ta-da it works

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    that is SOOO cool ^^ glad it works for you now!

vonyo no está en línea Stack level 1
    this is like the best app i've used.. and for the ones that have a 8320curve i had the same problem..so i uninstalled the program and b4 i rebootd the phone i went into the modules and deleted vlingo..THEN rebooted my phone, reinstalld the update and it has worked fine since

i hope this helps.

h.meaghan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by beamolite View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Works great once I set the APN to wap.voicestream.com.
    that's all i had to do too in ordre to make vlingo work.
    yay!

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~changed my connection port to alternate and it works! Btw I'm using unlocked att 8310 on tmo with 4.5