Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vlingo 1.1 beta has been expanded from Private Beta to Open Beta! Download now: http://vlingo.com/vlingo/go?r=9 ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Vlingo 1.1 Expanded To Open Beta: Reply, Forward, Better Connections!

Advertisement

vlingo 1.1 beta has been expanded from Private Beta to Open Beta!
    Download now: http://vlingo.com/vlingo/go?r=9

The biggest advancements in vlingo 1.1 are the ability to forward & reply to emails and text messages, and better connection handling. Here are the details of what’s new:

New Features
    Reply to and forward messages using voice - You can now “reply with vlingo,” “reply all with vlingo” and “forward with vlingo” (simply access these options by hitting the menu button when viewing a message – these are currently not spoken commands).

Punctuation and automatic capitalization
    - Recently vlingo added automatic capitalization of proper nouns and the first letter after punctuation. Try speaking “period,” “exclamation point,” or “question mark, followed by another sentence.

vlingo 1.1 Key Bug Fixes and Network Connection Improvements
    • This version should fix the problem where vlingo was unable to run because it thought it needed WiFi permissions on a non-WiFi device
    • If you have a WiFi device: Vlingo 1.1 no longer requires you to turn off WiFi when you are not connected via the WiFi network.
    • Vlingo 1.1 offers a more robust set of connection options. If you previously were unable to connect to vlingo or received frequent timeout errors, this update offers users additional options for establishing a successful connection. Please see below for additional options should connection problems still occur.
    • Improved permissions management.
    I’m already using the 1.1 beta. Is this a new version?
    Yes. If you are already using the 1.1 beta, you’ll soon see an upgrade notice that will ask you to upgrade to this version. You don’t need to click the link above, though you may do so if you’d like.

How do I provide feedback?
    Once you download the beta and try it out, vlingo wants your feedback. You can do this in one of two ways:
    • Use the “Send Feedback” link in the vlingo software. You can access it on the vlingo home screen, or from the menu available from any vlingo screen.
    • If for some reason you can’t use the Send Feedback link, email your comments to vlingosupport@vlingo.com.
    Remember – specificity helps. Vlingo is looking for feedback so they can get ready for the general 1.1 release.

New Connections Options
    Vlingo 1.1 offers some additional connection options. If you are receiving request timeout or connection failure messages, try changing the vlingo “Connection Type” setting. The different options are:
    • Auto. With this setting, vlingo will try to determine the best connection itself. Try this first and leave it here if it works. If you have errors or extremely long response times, then try the settings below.
    • Direct TCP. Typically this provides the fastest connection.. If you have a GSM phone, make sure that your APN is set correctly. For instructions, see the FAQ “Request Timeout” question at http://www.vlingo.com/faq.html.
    • BIS. This tends to be slightly slower, but if Direct TCP doesn’t work then this typically will.
    • MDS. This option is available for people whose phones are on a corporate BES server. If other connections are slow or unavailable, try this to see if it works better.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    What were the settings for it again? I'm sorry to ask but i forgot I deleted the first version since I kept getting frustrated with the many errors. I know they said that the more you use it the better your voice will be recognized but I figured why bother when I can type faster . Anyways, I wanna give it another try and see if it has improved. Thanks in advance and thanks Hayden for the update

Never mind, I got it...Vlingo's FAQ lol
    Last edited by raton; 09-03-2008 at 11:20 AM.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Awesome. I know a lot of people have been waiting for the forward and reply function.

It "thinks" too! Lol. You'll see what I mean.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Why can't I click on the link from my phone? All the other links work... Weird

¤Via Curvelicious¤

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    This application has always looked interesting to me. I might have to give this a go

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    This is a great application - MUCH smoother than when I first tried it months ago. I have been a beta tester of it and I also have used Yahoo One Search. I don't know which one I like the best - they're both pretty amazing.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    did they fix the mic on it.....what i mean is that when you use it frequently after a while it would say that it did not hear you to speak louder and if you try to make a phone call the other person wont hear you either....its like it turns off the mic.....anyone had this happen?

OldTimer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3040B2F1
    Pretty impressive on my curve!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jrsbcc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    This is a great application - MUCH smoother than when I first tried it months ago. I have been a beta tester of it and I also have used Yahoo One Search. I don't know which one I like the best - they're both pretty amazing.
    they dont use the same technology?I sensed that yahoo was using (or bought) the vlingo engine. Too similar

I too was waiting for this to come out. I hope they fixed the huge memory overhead. This could be my #1 (well 2 or 3) app.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Gonna give this one more try ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    yes. Yahoo's! OneSearch is powered by vlingo. A Yahoo! or Google search is also built into vlingo 1.1.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445
    Thanks! This is a great program!

jzamoras no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E9A8B
    I think I got a massive battery drain since I use vlingo.

Best,
    Jaime

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    yes. Yahoo's! OneSearch is powered by vlingo. A Yahoo! or Google search is also built into vlingo 1.1.
    That explains it - didn't know that, but knew they sounded A LOT alike. Glad to know the Yahoo search in incorporated into Vlingo 1.1. Don't need to be using both of them any more.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Has anyone got this to work on 4.5? I can't even get passed the initial setup.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast