Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it does not supprt sprint and 8703e models, does it?... Smartphone News forum

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

Re: Visual Voicemail Now Available for BlackBerry download

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it does not supprt sprint and 8703e models, does it?

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Quote Originally Posted by jerrycrabb
    I started using this application a few days ago and have also noticed connection problems with BB weather and Opera. Please let us know if SimulScribe finds a solution!

Other problems I've noticed are:
    (1) I cannot change the volume as I would be able to if I were dialing in. This is a problem because the default volume level is way too low.
    (2) Often, the green circle that I supposed designates the application is working changes to yellow or red without any explanation. When I finally notice that it is no longer green, I'm not really sure what action I should take to remedy this difference in colour. I have resorted to restarting the phone, at wich point im usually flooded with voice mails that I have been missing for some time.
    (3) Voice Mails that I have already listned to are remarked as unread
    (4) It appears this service works by forwarding calls to SimulScribe wich requires me to pay the cellualr providers forwarding fee for each call. It seems to me that a simple solution to this probem would be to create an app that actually picks up the call, greets the caller with a recorded message stored on the phone, and then records the message on the device itself. My previous phone was a simple samsung clamshell, and it actually had the option to do this! It only had the memory for about 8 messages, and would cut voicemails off after 30 seconds but a blackberry with a micro sd slot should be able to accomplish much more.
    1. Nothing you can do about this and trust me you are not alone. I have contacted simulScribe and nothing back on it.
    2. Again same here. If you are not continually in a good-perfect coverage area this will continue to occur. And as you have found out that is basically the only way to troubleshoot it.
    3. I also notified company about this, they again have no answers.

Side note: for anyone else who has contacted simulscribe please let me know if you got the same response that i did. Which is: they acted like they had NEVER heard or seen about any of these issues until I brought it to their attention.

I have a feeling they don't have the answers and this is just a duck/dodge technique.

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

I talked a little bit with them and a very informed gentlemen called me back who was very helpful. The application is being DEVELOPED as we speak, so updates are continous. He was aware of all the issues mentioned by peole here. Things such as volume issues, messages marked new when they've already been read, etc. are all being worked on, along with other enhancements that they have planned.

Remember, they outsourced the application to an external company who is also doing most of the testing. Hence why they are not necessarily aware of all issues. When they get a report, they send it to the developers (the proverbial black hole) and regular updates keep coming back from them.

But to their mistake, I think they are treading SimulSays as a 'baby' side-business to their main business, without realizing that if this custom-app approach is the future and has the potential to completely go beyond their core transcription business. Hopefully they will realize that sooner than later, before a competitor ups the ante with a better app.

SimulSays no está en línea Stack level 1

Appreciate all the feedback here! Very helpful. To clear up a few points, we are aware of most of the issues outlined and we are working on addressing them. As with any beta, are goal is to solve the critical issues before releasing the product as general availability. We are monitoring forums like this one to make sure we are ontop of problems being encountered in the field. In the near future, we will be updating our support site to include a forum of our own to post known issues, FAQ and such.

One quick tip, for those having connection issues or seeing some battery degradation, there is a polling option now available (build 1.21.0004 which is the latest version available). To change the connection to poll mode, go into SimulSays Voicemail Options via BB Options/Setting. Checking the "Enabling Polling Mode" will default to a 5 minute connection (the interval can be changed, but 5 seems to be the right number). Would be great to know if this helps and these types of tips will soon be posted on our forum.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

truthlikegold no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F9FC5C

Was well aware of the polling issue, as it never alerts me on the phone app that there's a new voicemail. Going to try to DL the latest update and see if this helps...
    Riley @ BLOODberry 23F9FC5C

"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained
    not by its growth, but by washing away
    from it all that is not gold."

PIN/ID
    23F9FC5C

Also, quick question. This update appears to not have fixed the issue where 'Erase Mailbox' option reverts back to unchecked every time I reopen settings. I'd love to be able to keep the mailbox clean not just on the device, but on the web-box as well.

Great program though.
    Riley @ BLOODberry 23F9FC5C

"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained
    not by its growth, but by washing away
    from it all that is not gold."

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by vortec7

Side note: for anyone else who has contacted simulscribe please let me know if you got the same response that i did. Which is: they acted like they had NEVER heard or seen about any of these issues until I brought it to their attention.

I have a feeling they don't have the answers and this is just a duck/dodge technique.
    I have since contacted SimulSays/SimulScribe about the issues I was having, and they responded the very next day with what seemed to be a "We're interested in helping you" response.

Then acknowledged the problem with other third party apps like Opera Mini and assured me that it was on the top of their list.

They next asked me for a little info, so they could better assist me and have not responded since.

Very odd.

P.S. Semper Fi
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

PIN/ID
    23F9FC5C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have never gotten a response to any of my inquiries. Regardless, this new version seems to fix most of the issues I've been experiencing!

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Whoa, I just realized that the Simulsays application has been emailing its log files from my phone back to Simulscribe via my email account for the past couple of days. I had no idea it was doing that.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Quote Originally Posted by jerrycrabb
    I have since contacted SimulSays/SimulScribe about the issues I was having, and they responded the very next day with what seemed to be a "We're interested in helping you" response.

Then acknowledged the problem with other third party apps like Opera Mini and assured me that it was on the top of their list.

They next asked me for a little info, so they could better assist me and have not responded since.

Very odd.

P.S. Semper Fi
    Oorah!
    Thanks for the insight hopefully we get some progress on this soon.

PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Quote Originally Posted by SimulSays
    Appreciate all the feedback here! Very helpful. To clear up a few points, we are aware of most of the issues outlined and we are working on addressing them. As with any beta, are goal is to solve the critical issues before releasing the product as general availability. We are monitoring forums like this one to make sure we are ontop of problems being encountered in the field. In the near future, we will be updating our support site to include a forum of our own to post known issues, FAQ and such.

One quick tip, for those having connection issues or seeing some battery degradation, there is a polling option now available (build 1.21.0004 which is the latest version available). To change the connection to poll mode, go into SimulSays Voicemail Options via BB Options/Setting. Checking the "Enabling Polling Mode" will default to a 5 minute connection (the interval can be changed, but 5 seems to be the right number). Would be great to know if this helps and these types of tips will soon be posted on our forum.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    Anyone know how to get the updated build without locking in a credit card. When i downloaded the initial beta this wasn't necessary.
    Not trying the sound like cheapskate but, unless EVERY single major issue is fixed on this program they won't get a cent out of me.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by vortec7
    Anyone know how to get the updated build without locking in a credit card. When i downloaded the initial beta this wasn't necessary.
    Not trying the sound like cheapskate but, unless EVERY single major issue is fixed on this program they won't get a cent out of me.
    I upgraded simply by putting in the url provided in the original email: www.simulsays.mobile

However, I must say that the majority of the issues I had experienced before, have NOT been resolved.
    in fact, it seems to be taking the program hours for it to tell me I have a voice mail. I retrieve most of my calls by dialing into the service when I notice a missed call.

This App has much potential, I hope they work it out.

-Jerry

PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Thanks again Jerry,
    Yeah and if simulscribe is reading this please fix this app so it no longer bullies out the rest of my 3rd party apps.
    I'm kind of getting sick of having to go into options and uncheck direct tcp connection just so i can use many of my other more usefull apps.

As jerrycrabb said much potential but i'm quickly losing faith in the extremely slow progress on such a small app.

Might be time to scrap it all together.

cj3_69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204BE657

www.youmail.com is a different system but very handy and uses only SMS text to notify you and/or E-mail!

PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Hey stackers,
    Don't want to be a pain but didn't want this thread to die. Anyone heard anything new on this?

Since the new update I am able to run Opera mini and the other programs that this normally blocked however, even with the polling option enabled (5 mins) i still recieve my voicemails hours later or even days.

So again any news?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast