Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Originally Posted by sstallard tecrishon, i don't have enough post to respond to your pm, ... Smartphone News forum

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Visual Voicemail Now Available for BlackBerry download

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sstallard
    tecrishon, i don't have enough post to respond to your pm, so i'll post it here.

under the account settings online, i disable the 'Play Tagline' feature, that's how i removed the "commercial"....hope you get this, maybe i'll post some more and finally be able to pm people.
    thank you so much! i guess i didn't even think about what that meant! haha.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Hey,
    I know it's been already mentioned but since I installed this app I have been unable to run opera mini. Anyone found a solution to this yet. Or for those already in communication with their tech support could you bring this up. I'd hate to have to choose between to free 3rd party apps.

Also has anyone else noticed that volume is significantly low during playback? Even after checking the option use speaker.

Appreciate any help i can get on this!

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

i'm still having problems with a delay on vm. while this is a cool app, i will be deleting it as i don't really want to wait hours for a vm to come through.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by vortec7
    I know it's been already mentioned but since I installed this app I have been unable to run opera mini. Anyone found a solution to this yet. Or for those already in communication with their tech support could you bring this up. I'd hate to have to choose between to free 3rd party apps.

Also has anyone else noticed that volume is significantly low during playback? Even after checking the option use speaker.
    i'm still having the issue with opera (and others, as well). i was given an email address to a programmer that may be able to help, but i have been so busy lately, i haven't written him yet. i will do that today, and post back. short term though, if you are wanting to use that (or other programs effected), you can go into options > simulsays voicemail options > and uncheck "Direct TCP Connection." this will enable you to use the other programs, but simulsays won't be working until you recheck that.

as for the speaker, i do wish they gave you the option of adjusting the volume while in playback mode as well. i use the speak, and i don't have too much trouble, but it could be louder.

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick
    i'm still having problems with a delay on vm. while this is a cool app, i will be deleting it as i don't really want to wait hours for a vm to come through.
    i have not seen this issue. are you in an area that you have good data services and good service in general?

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    I have been using this for about a week now.

Some of my problems so far:

(b) My Beyond411, OperaMini and BBweather get a "malformed address-returning null connection" whenever it tries to find something - while my BB Browser, JiveTalk, GoogleMaps, TZones and Gmail all work. I uninstalled SimulSays to see if that was the problem, and it was. Don't know what to do about that.

Anyone else have any of these problems? (Other than the 0:00 duration like some of you seem to have)
    yeah, i've been in contact with support about bbweather and tellme. i hope they can figger it out as i really like this app.

PIN/ID
    30487CF1

i'm still having the issue with opera (and others, as well). i was given an email address to a programmer that may be able to help, but i have been so busy lately, i haven't written him yet. i will do that today, and post back. short term though, if you are wanting to use that (or other programs effected), you can go into options > simulsays voicemail options > and uncheck "Direct TCP Connection." this will enable you to use the other programs, but simulsays won't be working until you recheck that.
    Thanks tecrishon,
    But to be honest (i hope this doesnt make me seem lazy) but all the work isn't really worth it for an app that's supposed to make things easier.
    I'd sooner just check my own voicemails through TMO...
    But don't worry I'll hold on, I have faith in all of you that are working with them to troubleshoot this!!

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

so, any new news on this app? have y'all worked out all of your issues?

i really want to try this, but with all the probs i've read it's not worth it yet to me. unless, y'all have got it working.

PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Sorry mudshovel,
    I haven't gotten any news from the company on this. Maybe tecrishon has heard something?

It's a cool app but not worth getting until they get this bug fixed.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

i have not seen this issue. are you in an area that you have good data services and good service in general?
    yes i have good service. not in my house, but i'm not always in my house. no matter where i go i'm getting a delay, so i just deleted it. i'll wait for the final version to be released and hopefully there will be a lot fewer bugs and faster service. i also want to see what the price is and that will determine if i'll buy it or not.......

wordthenerd Guest

working great for me.

I'm not being charged.

PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Quote Originally Posted by wordthenerd
    working great for me.

I'm not being charged.
    They aren't charging for the beta version. But I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that they won't be charging for the full version of this app either.

earthsfc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2060125F

I hope they come out with this for Canadian carriers ie Rogers. I would like to see how the app performs.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

On my 8100, when i go to menu under phone, i see call forwarding but have no options dealing with: Turn on or off, nothing about "IF FORWARD ALL IS OFF, FORARD: WHEN BUSY:. NO OPTIONS except to enter a forwarding number.

Plz help! What am i missing?
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Plz help, My voicemail is messed up.

Any Pearl owners have: IF FORWARD ALL IS OFF, FORARD: WHEN BUSY:, under Call Forwarding option? I would like to be able to fix. thx
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I'm using it. I am having some trouble with it, but other than that I love it. I am thinking it has to be free (b/c I don't transcribe either) since they don't have my credit card information.

I have some questions into tech support right now.

Some of my problems so far:
    (a) duration on the calls showed up as 0:00, so I couldn't listen to them in the program, but has since "fixed itself" because now they show up;
    (b) my Beyond411, OperaMini and BBweather get a "malformed address-returning null connection" whenever it tries to find something - while my BB Browser, JiveTalk, GoogleMaps, TZones and Gmail all work; and
    (c) i'm not receiving SMS and Email notifications like I supposed to.

Again, tech support and I have been going back and forth over emails. They should be calling me today. They have been very good about responding.

One of the questions I have into them is if it truely is free if you don't inscribe. My guess is that it will be until it gets out of beta. Just my guess though.
    I started using this application a few days ago and have also noticed connection problems with BB weather and Opera. Please let us know if SimulScribe finds a solution!

Other problems I've noticed are:
    (1) I cannot change the volume as I would be able to if I were dialing in. This is a problem because the default volume level is way too low.
    (2) Often, the green circle that I supposed designates the application is working changes to yellow or red without any explanation. When I finally notice that it is no longer green, I'm not really sure what action I should take to remedy this difference in colour. I have resorted to restarting the phone, at wich point im usually flooded with voice mails that I have been missing for some time.
    (3) Voice Mails that I have already listned to are remarked as unread
    (4) It appears this service works by forwarding calls to SimulScribe wich requires me to pay the cellualr providers forwarding fee for each call. It seems to me that a simple solution to this probem would be to create an app that actually picks up the call, greets the caller with a recorded message stored on the phone, and then records the message on the device itself. My previous phone was a simple samsung clamshell, and it actually had the option to do this! It only had the memory for about 8 messages, and would cut voicemails off after 30 seconds but a blackberry with a micro sd slot should be able to accomplish much more.
    Last edited by jerrycrabb; 07-09-2007 at 03:09 PM.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast