Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Originally Posted by sstallard how do you turn off "speak clearly and slowly" warning right ... Smartphone News forum

VanillaEps no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

Re: Visual Voicemail Now Available for BlackBerry download

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sstallard
    how do you turn off "speak clearly and slowly" warning right before the beep? It's kind of like an advertisement for SimulScribe and I would just like for ppl to leave me a message and not listen to a commercial.

So far I like the idea but i wish it could interface with the notification icon to show when you have messages instead of the crazy flashing red light and icon for simulsays with an asterisk
    I feel the same way.

sstallard no está en línea Stack level 2

well i figured out how to turn off the warning message, this seems like a pretty cool app after changing the default settings and selecting a tone for messages.

VanillaEps no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

Quote Originally Posted by sstallard
    well i figured out how to turn off the warning message, this seems like a pretty cool app after changing the default settings and selecting a tone for messages.
    I stil don't like the fact that if I happen to accidently press a button in my pocket and click the icon, I wouldn't know if I had a voicemail, because the asterisk disappears. The lack of an indicator really cripples the effectiveness of the application.

i understand completely and i still wish i had a little notification besides the asterisk

vha2581 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am using it on my 8700(os 4.2) so far it works. And it isn't too bad. I will wait to run it throught the gambit this weekend and depending try to keep it or move on.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

Trying it out, now. Seems to work okay, tho i can't actually see my voicemail in the simulsays app. My wap services seem to be down, tho my html browser works fine. evidently this uses wapservices to send the info to the simulsays app. one cool thing that i noticed... you can d/l the messages that people send you in .wav form. Any peeps out there getting stalked, you record their messages. and under settings there is an option to have the messge sent to you via email in .wav, mp3, or GSM. can't get it to work, tho... still a cool idea!

mikegelf no está en línea Stack level 2

I downloaded the program onto my pearl and have to say I'm pretty darn impressed. I'm thinking about paying for the service. That says a lot because I'm a cheap bastard!

Forgot to say its true that it drains the hell outta the battery. That is one major flaw.

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mikegelf
    Forgot to say its true that it drains the hell outta the battery. That is one major flaw.
    I'm not finding the drain that excessive. That said, one needs to understand how any application that has to 'check' for something will affect your battery life. JiveTalk, SimulSays, etc. have to out on a 'regular interval' and check for messages. This requires transmitter power (that is the biggest battery drain). So yes, any of these apps will decrease the battery drain, but there is very little choice on how to implement that capability. So I would not consider this a 'flaw' but an 'effect' of choosing to run any software that has to check for a message in the background.

Eventually some battery enhancement might be possible if some push capability is developed for these types of apps, but currently RIM only allows the PUSH protocols to be used for their own servers and has not opened those up to independent developers.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

FYI --

The new version of SimulSays has been released - version 1.21.

Visit mobile.simulsays.com from your phone to download it. The 0:00 duration bug was fixed.

Technically, your correct the battery usage is not a flaw but an effect. Regardless, it sucks.

The other problem I noticed is the cost. Its $10 per month including 40 messages plus 25 cents per additional message. So say you get 5 voicemails a day on average (which is not a lot if you figure in weekends) it would cost like $35 a month.

At that price my hunch is that they're not gonna get much busineSs. Certainly not mine.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by mikegelf
    Technically, your correct the battery usage is not a flaw but an effect. Regardless, it sucks.

The other problem I noticed is the cost. Its $10 per month including 40 messages plus 25 cents per additional message. So say you get 5 voicemails a day on average (which is not a lot if you figure in weekends) it would cost like $35 a month.

At that price my hunch is that they're not gonna get much busineSs. Certainly not mine.

That's just if you use SimulScribe to inscribe the messages. The SimulSays visual voicemail is free (as of right now - I'm sure they will charge once out of beta, but probably not a monthly fee).

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

anyone having a problem with delays on this? i just got notification of three voicemails that i got yesterday but didn't come through until today. this is a cool program, but i'm not going to wait almost 24 hours for my voicemails.

and the site to update the program that fixes the 00 bug doesn't work......

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick
    anyone having a problem with delays on this? i just got notification of three voicemails that i got yesterday but didn't come through until today. this is a cool program, but i'm not going to wait almost 24 hours for my voicemails.
    haven't noticed this problem yet.

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick
    and the site to update the program that fixes the 00 bug doesn't work......
    just went there. it is working fine for me. go there on the BB, and make sure not to put a www first, if you are manually typing it.

tecrishon, i don't have enough post to respond to your pm, so i'll post it here.

under the account settings online, i disable the 'Play Tagline' feature, that's how i removed the "commercial"....hope you get this, maybe i'll post some more and finally be able to pm people.

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    haven't noticed this problem yet.

just went there. it is working fine for me. go there on the BB, and make sure not to put a www first, if you are manually typing it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast