Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

The first test voicemail worked fine, now I'm haivng the "0" second problem, can listen ... Smartphone News forum

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Visual Voicemail Now Available for BlackBerry download

Advertisement

The first test voicemail worked fine, now I'm haivng the "0" second problem, can listen to a voicemail on the site but not from the app on my phone.

iheartmybb22 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask :)

It seems like a cool program. Thinking of downloading it.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

i will stick with grandcentral

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Installed it but found out I had to create an account...don't like the idea of my voicemails going somewhere else. Why can't the carriers (ie., AT&T) just offer this?

Brooose no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3032A20A

I am sticking with Grandcentral. It sends me an email and an SMS, which is all I need. It has the added bonus of being "MyFaves" compatibile so it costs nothing to the average T-mobile customer.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

update: and now just got a voicemail, and have the 0:00 duration again. seems to be on and off...? (some will work, some won't in the application)

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Ok, I got it all working, pretty good too..

It has a horrible big icon, but it works nicely. You might want to move it so it is visible in your main screen, since it uses the same trick as JiveTalk in which it places a red asterix over the icon to indicate you have a new message. It also puts an entry in your ringer profile where you can specify the ringtone used when you get a voicemail message.

It works pretty good! I now have an icon that shows me when I get a voicemail (and an appropriate ringtone), and when I open it I can see who called (caller ID), when they called, and play back the message. If I signed up for transcription, the text of the message comes shortly and it is AMAZINGLY accurate. Will play for it for a week (1 week free trial on transcribing) and see how I much I want to pay $9.95 for that feature.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman

It has a horrible big icon, but it works nicely. You might want to move it so it is visible in your main screen, since it uses the same trick as JiveTalk in which it places a red asterix over the icon to indicate you have a new message. It also puts an entry in your ringer profile where you can specify the ringtone used when you get a voicemail message.

It works pretty good! I now have an icon that shows me when I get a voicemail (and an appropriate ringtone), and when I open it I can see who called (caller ID), when they called, and play back the message. If I signed up for transcription, the text of the message comes shortly and it is AMAZINGLY accurate. Will play for it for a week (1 week free trial on transcribing) and see how I much I want to pay $9.95 for that feature.
    Are you able to listen to the messages in the application or are you having a problem with that like some of us?

EDIT: I received another email from SimulSays tech support, and they said about the duration problem:
    "There is a bug that our programmers found that was causing that issue that was making the files unplayable. They worked to fix it and believed that the update we are going to release in another week or two will fix this problem completely if their quick fix didn't already do the trick."
    So they are aware of it, and are working at it. Again - customer service so far has been great!

And as to that $9.95 - I believe that is per month (for the first 40 messages, and then $.25/ea after that)
    Last edited by tecrishon; 06-27-2007 at 08:54 PM.

falzonej22 no está en línea Stack level 2

When I go to mobile.simulsays.com on my phone I get a http error 400:bad request.... Any suggestions??

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    Are you able to listen to the messages in the application or are you having a problem with that like some of us?
    Yep, can listen and read. I had a super LONG voice mail left by an automated system at work, and while it did take it 10 minutes to transcribe it, it all came through... all 2 minutes of message and two screens of text.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman

I haven't tried it out in just over a month now, but when I did use it and it created that entry to profiles, Desktop Manager would stop with an error message during Backup when it came to Profiles. I emailed them about it, hopefully they fixed it now, since I was unable to make backups of the BB from this entry.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    Quote Originally Posted by jhkaplan
    That's a good question. I'd like to know this as well. I figure since it uses call forwarding, it will charge you if your carrier charges. I'm not sure if AT&T charges for call forwarding. This could be the one downside to this program.
    at&t does charge for the call forwarding, but it only deducts from your mins and doesn't charge your bill any money. Last I checked, at&t deducts your voicemail calls from your anytime minutes anyway, so I don't see any difference.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i dont know why but i dont really trust it. id rather be the only ears that hear my voicemail. am i the only one hesitant to this? i dont think its completely secure. and what if theres operators that have acess to listening to it? and they have to report something if it doesnt sound right. not for me. its a good program for those of you who arent paranoid on privacy. but i am.

sstallard no está en línea Stack level 2

how do you turn off "speak clearly and slowly" warning right before the beep? It's kind of like an advertisement for SimulScribe and I would just like for ppl to leave me a message and not listen to a commercial.

So far I like the idea but i wish it could interface with the notification icon to show when you have messages instead of the crazy flashing red light and icon for simulsays with an asterisk

Jonnn21 no está en línea Stack level 2

These companies need to make this software compatible with the 7200 series as well.
    SOME of us cant afford the 8800.
    This would be a great SW to have.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast