Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Will program cause the user to incurr charges for call forwarding?... Smartphone News forum

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998

Re: Visual Voicemail Now Available for BlackBerry download

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Will program cause the user to incurr charges for call forwarding?

k1stunr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404AC13

i loaded the app left myself a message the service stated that simulscribe was taking the message so after its speal i left it got a notification on my curve led flashed and everything msg doesnt show up in your msg list but in the simulsays app itself then i went to play the msg and nothing i dont know if its because i have a curve maybe its different on the pearl and 8800 seems like it will be real cool though once they get the bugs out of it

jhkaplan no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by paullamm
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Will program cause the user to incurr charges for call forwarding?
    That's a good question. I'd like to know this as well. I figure since it uses call forwarding, it will charge you if your carrier charges. I'm not sure if AT&T charges for call forwarding. This could be the one downside to this program.

JWH
    JWH no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E23050

Quote Originally Posted by k1stunr
    i loaded the app left myself a message the service stated that simulscribe was taking the message so after its speal i left it got a notification on my curve led flashed and everything msg doesnt show up in your msg list but in the simulsays app itself then i went to play the msg and nothing i dont know if its because i have a curve maybe its different on the pearl and 8800 seems like it will be real cool though once they get the bugs out of it
    I have a pearl and that is exactly what mine did.

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Quote Originally Posted by k1stunr
    got the same results too...got notified showed a message in the inbox, but nothing to play.
    Michael

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by jhkaplan
    That's a good question. I'd like to know this as well. I figure since it uses call forwarding, it will charge you if your carrier charges. I'm not sure if AT&T charges for call forwarding. This could be the one downside to this program.
    like I said it uses airtime for call forwarding the person to your SimulSays voicemail service. I don't believe any carriers still charge 10 cents a minute, but they all (as far as I know) charge airtime. SimulSays does not charge anything.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I tried it on my 8700g (just in case it worked with the new 4.2 OS) and didn't work. Ah well. Was worth a try.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ hmm I have a few voice messages right now but the program says "no messages" I registered and I'm logged in. I did however receive an email with voice mail in text.

Any idea why the program doesn't show messages

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

That's reflective of messages on their server not the one your voicemail used to go on with your carrier.

Mine is working great - TMobile Pearl- just gotta turn off that darn transcription - hehehe

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

I have been using this for about a week now.

Some of my problems so far:
    (a) Duration on the calls showed up as 0:00, so I couldn't listen to them in the program, but I could listen to them in MyAccount on SimulSays.com. Since, it has "fixed itself" because now they show up. I hadn't changed any of the settings, so I don't know why. They didn't show up for the first 4 days, but now they do. Hope it says.
    (b) My Beyond411, OperaMini and BBweather get a "malformed address-returning null connection" whenever it tries to find something - while my BB Browser, JiveTalk, GoogleMaps, TZones and Gmail all work. I uninstalled SimulSays to see if that was the problem, and it was. Don't know what to do about that.
    (c) I'm not receiving SMS and Email notifications even though I have the settings to send me those.

Tech support and I have been going back and forth over emails. They have been very good about responding. I have all these problems into them right now, so HOPEFULLY they will be able to figure it out. But it is Beta (and FREE) so I don't mind.

I am enjoying it though.

Anyone else have any of these problems? (Other than the 0:00 duration like some of you seem to have)

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I've been looking for this.. thanks!

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

I installed and tried it... hmmm, voice mails do arrive via email... but SimulSays sees nothing. I called their support line, but they told me all the techs are in meetings and took my number to call me back, we will see if they can figure it out...

Rick

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jhkaplan
    You have to go on SimulScribe.com and sign up for an account. Your PIN number is not your BB's PIN number, more like a voicemail password you set, if that helps.

This is a cool application for anyone who gets a lot of VMs and needs to sort through them. It doesnt really integrate with your carrier voicemail. Instead, it routs all calls from your carriers voicemail # to it's specific number.
    That's what messed me up... DO NOT go to SimulScribe.com and sign up. That will create the WRONG kind of account. Go to SimulSays.com and sign up there. Now waiting for tech support to call back to try to fix the mess up.

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Trying it out.

added bonus, you can forward a .wav of your vonage phone to the visual voicemail app if you have it.

i'm still confused on the pricing, is it free for visual voicemail always? and pay for transcription? or do you eventually have to pay for both.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ simulsays loging eventually takes me to simulscribe login page

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast