Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

NEW YORK, June 27 -- SimulScribe, the U.S. leader in voicemail-to-text services, announced today the ... Smartphone News forum

Gina no está en línea Stack level 4

Visual Voicemail Now Available for BlackBerry download

NEW YORK, June 27 -- SimulScribe, the U.S. leader in voicemail-to-text services, announced today the launch of SimulSays Beta, a free, downloadable visual voicemail application for the BlackBerry 8800 series, BlackBerry Pearl and BlackBerry Curve. With SimulSays Beta users can scroll, click and listen to voicemail messages on their phone's display; saving time and money. Users can instantly select any voice message at random to play back with a simple click on the handset.

When SimulSays Beta is combined with SimulScribe's award wining voicemail-to-text service, users can also read their voicemail messages in the application. SimulSays Beta integrates with the mobile phone's contact book, allowing users to reply to the known caller's message by phone, text message or e-mail. SimulSays Beta is currently available at http://www.SimulSays.com or at mobile.SimulSays.com from Blackberry.

Once downloaded, the SimulSays Beta application is launched directly from the BlackBerry's main menu. SimulSays Beta requires very little power and always notifies users of new voicemail messages, even when the application is closed. SimulScribe will be rolling out SimulSays on additional mobile platforms in the coming months.

"We strive to deliver voicemail in better, easier and more useful ways," said James Siminoff, founder and CEO of SimulScribe. "SimulSays Beta was created to give our customers better control of their voicemail, saving them time and money. SimulSays Beta is ideal for people looking to add visual voicemail functionality to their existing mobile phones without having to purchase an Apple iPhone."
    Gina-Lisa James,
    Pinstack.com – the web's #1 BlackBerry spot!
    Add Pinstack to your MySpace & twitter.com/pinstack

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Visual Voicemail Now Available for BlackBerry download

How does this actually work?

Do you have to setup a new voicemail with them and then use there application? or does it connect to your career voicemail system?

What if i don't want any transcription.. just the option to view what voicemails i have and listen to them... is that free?

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Blog Entries

thanks for the heads up sounds interesting.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

~via BB Curve~ how tight is the integration w/ carrier vm? When the vm number is dialed does this app automatically open and display the visual list?

Or does one need to access this app to see the visual list?

Thx

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its asking me for a email adress and pin number then when I put something in its telling me the pin# or email is not valid what should I do?

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445
    Blog Entries

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm very interested in this program but I would like to hear the answers to the questions above mine. I'll dl it and give it a shot.

jhkaplan no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its asking me for a email adress and pin number then when I put something in its telling me the pin# or email is not valid what should I do?
    You have to go on SimulScribe.com and sign up for an account. Your PIN number is not your BB's PIN number, more like a voicemail password you set, if that helps.

This is a cool application for anyone who gets a lot of VMs and needs to sort through them. It doesnt really integrate with your carrier voicemail. Instead, it routs all calls from your carriers voicemail # to it's specific number.

JWH
    JWH no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E23050

Quote Originally Posted by Krad
    How does this actually work?

Do you have to setup a new voicemail with them and then use there application? or does it connect to your career voicemail system?

What if i don't want any transcription.. just the option to view what voicemails i have and listen to them... is that free?
    That is what I am trying to find out. I just downloaded and have a few people leaving me VM right now. I didnt sign up for the transcribe portion of the service, just the visual voicemail. I did have to set up a new greeting so that leads me to believe that it is a seperate system from the carrier. However, the prompts (save message, delete, etc) are all the same as the t-mobile vm system.

k1stunr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404AC13

this app seams really cool i just hope its stable

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Interesting idea, will see when they get it for my device.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I used this awhile back and had a thread about this and a few other replacement VM's.

You set your phone to forward calls to Their number instead of your normal Cingular or Tmobile voicemail number. When someone calls and you do not answer it goes to them (SimulSays). They will send you an email notifying you of the new message (if you select it to be sent).

When you download this program they have above, the program runs 24/7 on your BlackBerry (unless you force quit it) and continously polls for new voice mail. When there is a new VM it will appear in the app. You just scroll the list of messages and you can play them right there in the app. It uses data to get the VM instead of calling into the VM system and using airtime (but the call being forwarded to VM does use airtime, just not when you play it back later)

edit: BTW when I used this application, because it ran 24/7, it drained my battery MUCH quicker than normal which is why I stopped using them. Awesome idea though. Hopefully it isn't like that anymore
    Last edited by cliffr39; 06-27-2007 at 10:59 AM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

JWH
    JWH no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E23050

I have recieved 3 VM. One of them I was able to play back without dialing the VM number. The other two showed up in the visual part but do not have any playback even though there are messages there. Not sure if there is some delay or what. Doesn't seem to function as well as it should.

pschnake no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I agree. I also wish it didn't have the transcription warning after my away message. I did not sign up for transcription service.

jhkaplan no está en línea Stack level 1

Go to your account settings on the SimulScribe website. You can turn off the transcription warning and also turn off mesages forwarded to your email. Pretty cool.

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast