Verizon's Nexus One Will Only Be Available through Google's Website according to Brighthand.com Verizon hasn't ... Smartphone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Verizon's Nexus One Will Only Be Available through Google's Website

Advertisement

Verizon's Nexus One Will Only Be Available through Google's Website according to Brighthand.com

Verizon hasn't officially announced this, but information leaking out of this carrier shows that the only option for consumers who want to buy this device is going to be online directly from Google.

This shouldn't surprise anyone who has been following the career of the Nexus One. This model first debuted in January, and though the current version is bring offered with T-Mobile service, it is available only on Google's site.

Here is even better news, Verizon will start offering this smartphone on March 23.

Read More

Another Source reporting the same AndroidSPIN

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I still think you should be able to see one in hand before you buy it. I finally got to handle one and I was not that impressed. .. Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7D11

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I wonder what the price is going to be.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I would think it would be the same as the T-Mo version, or at least very close...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I still think you should be able to see one in hand before you buy it. I finally got to handle one and I was not that impressed. .. Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7D11
    Agreed. Vz should have working models in their stores so people can test the phone out before making the decision to buy it online.
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.17405/1016; U; en) Presto/2.4.15

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Why weren't you impressed? I was just wondering because I've been impressed with the reviews so I wanted to hear first-hand impressions

I don't want to deter anyone from getting one. It was just my personal opinion while comparing it to my iPhone. My point is that it is hard to know if you are going to like it without being able to try it first. I think the trackball idea is outdated and wondered if there were going to be problems with it like with the BB's. I had to hit the home buttons a few times to get them to work. The keyboard was small and cramped and hard to type on. Like I said, I feel that if you are going to buy a fairly expensive smartphone, then you should definately be able to see it first before making the decision to buy one. It didn't WOW me like I thought it would. But, you should be able to decide that for yourself and not rely on someone elses opinion. *This is a big problem that I see with Google only selling it online with no demos to be found anywhere. **
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    ^^ I agree. I would prefer to see a device as expensive as this in person before committing to buying it.

I think the trackball idea is outdated and wondered if there were going to be problems with it like with the BB's.
    The HTC Desire that's rumored to be going to AT&T has an optical mouse instead of the trackball. Thank god.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Verizon's Nexus One may have the HTC's sense UI HTC’s user interface mod for Android. It started off primarily as a much-needed visual overhaul, then came to include features like Flash in the browser. It’s a pretty great addition to Android – and it’s one thing that the currently available T-Mobile Nexus One is lacking.

Attached Images Attached Images

This article also says the Desire will have flash 10.1 and a fresh Sence UI and the home keys are dedicated buttons. This will be better than VZ and TMO's version IMHO.

http://i.engadget.com/2010/02/16/htc...h-has-arrived/

I think the trackball idea is outdated and wondered if there were going to be problems with it like with the BB's.
    The HTC Desire that's rumored to be going to AT&T has an optical mouse instead of the trackball. Thank god.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 03-15-2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: fixed link

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Verizon's Nexus One may have the HTC's sense UI HTC’s user interface mod for Android. It started off primarily as a much-needed visual overhaul, then came to include features like Flash in the browser. It’s a pretty great addition to Android – and it’s one thing that the currently available T-Mobile Nexus One is lacking.

After carefully reviewing that image you can clearly see that it is fake:

1st: Verizon equipment pages don't look like that, but it does look like something like this (notice the root address: //scache.vzw.com)

2nd: There is no http://google.com/phones but there is a http://google.com/phone

But than, I could be wrong...

It seems like that image have included everything everyone wanted in the Nexus... But at this point I'm thinking the Verizon Nexus will be just another version (CDMA) of the same. The second generation may have some new bells and whistle though. And they really need to get rid of the trackball or whatever they want to call it, those of us coming from a BB background know how horrible the trackball can get...
    Last edited by DjSmooth; 03-14-2010 at 04:08 PM.