Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New monthly service plans from Verizon Wireless make connecting to the nation’s most reliable wireless ... Smartphone News forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Verizon Wireless Offers, Affordable New Unlimited Voice Plans...

Advertisement

New monthly service plans from Verizon Wireless make connecting to the nation’s most reliable wireless network easier than ever. Beginning Jan. 18, customers may sign up for a new Nationwide Unlimited Talk plan that allows customers to call anyone in the United States for $69.99 monthly access or a Nationwide Unlimited Talk & Text plan to call and send text, picture and video messages to anyone in the country for $89.99 monthly access.

Nationwide Family SharePlans® will also have new unlimited options. Nationwide Unlimited Talk Family SharePlans will be $119.99 monthly access while the Nationwide Unlimited Talk & Text Family SharePlans will be $149.99 monthly access. All Family SharePlan pricing includes the first two lines of service. Standard text message rates will apply for customers on the Nationwide Unlimited Talk plans who do not sign up for a text messaging bundle.

[Read More]

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    Why wouldn't someone just go to Walmart and get a Straight Talk prepaid for $45 per month? No contract and uses the same network. Seems to be the same as the $90 plan Verizon is offering.

rush420 no está en línea Stack level 2
    its talk text an web the verizon plan doesn't even include web just talk an
    Text for 90 bucks that's what I understand anyway
    They have fast web an good service They think to much of themselves to
    Charge the way they do so what they have droid soon everybody else will to ill stick with tmobile
    They have rite idea

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Why would anyone do this over sprint?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    I switched to Tmo last week because they offered an unlimited data-voice-text for $79.9/month!
    I am glad to see that prices are going lower ... Finally; they have made BILLIONS in profits for the past 5 years!

pipesfamily no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Sound like the plan I have is better,79.99 700 anytime minutes with unlimited txt, pix, flix,45 dollar bb plan, 30 dollar bb plan, 15 dollar teather plan and 2 regular phone line for 230 a month, the new one would be 149.99 plus 45, plus 30 plus 15, plus 20 that's 260 per month. Think I will stick with what I got it work pretty darn good!

phiv5e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217F515F
    its all a trick.... lmao!!!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Kinda makes you wonder what other changes are coming in the Mobile Phone arena considering two of the Biggest out of the blue commit to sweeping changes such as this, ya just gotta wonder what exactly is around that bend...

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    This is where it is all heading. Voice plans will continue to drop and data will become more expensive, especially on smart phones where they mandate you have a data plan. VoIP such as skype have forced the carriers to rethink the price plans.

I keep hearing a few folks sing the praises of TMO and I guess that's good if you are in a small pocket where their coverage holds up, but what about customer service and quality. Sprint is just trying to hold on until someone can buy them. Based upon network technology (CDMA) the natural suitor would be verizon but the FCC would never let that happen. Sprint is trying to keep subscribers and raise capital to make the switch to LTE. At that point they can merge with TMO successfully and make a run for it!
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

diagmo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I reluctantly switched to Sprint after nine yrs with Tmobile. The main reason for switching was pricing. I now have 3 lines w unlimited text, data, 1500 minutes and free cell to cell for $132. This is my final price after all taxes and surcharges and applicable discounts. T mobile could not get anywhere near that price. And as for customer service, Sprint has not let me down thus far. In June I'm due for an upgrade and am hoping we will get the nexus one by then. I actually have less dropped calls with Sprint. Don't get me wrong, I loved T mobile and was extremely happy with their service. In the end pricing is what made me make the move. AT &T, Verizon and Tmobile are just simply more cost prohibitive for me. Sprint provides me what I need (unlimited text & data) at a price I can afford with good coverage in my area.

walkiniceberg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21D45768

Thumbs down

hmmm... I have Two lines on tmobile. A G1 and My Berry. Both have unlimited everything (minutes,data,text,pics) both have insurance. $207.35 not bad. tmobile is great. But i must say ive been thinkin about switching to Verizon because everytime i call customer service i get somebody that i cant understand, and they cant understand me. its killin me what happened to the great customer service i used to get ??? FML.

PS. nothing against people that have accents, im from Texas and you can hear it when i talk. but hell, customer service was my biggest reason for goin with Tmobile. now i cant get help when i need it. FML 2 times
    II Trill

mjneid no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by tippmann15 View Post
    Why would anyone do this over sprint?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Because Sprint is the worst Cell Phone company known to man.

Over priced, the phone selection sucks, the Customer Service Sucks.... i'd rather have Cricket than have Sprint... and i will not watch Nascar till they get get rid of them. im not giving them one more penny of mine....

mjneid no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    This is where it is all heading. Voice plans will continue to drop and data will become more expensive, especially on smart phones where they mandate you have a data plan. VoIP such as skype have forced the carriers to rethink the price plans.

I keep hearing a few folks sing the praises of TMO and I guess that's good if you are in a small pocket where their coverage holds up, but what about customer service and quality. Sprint is just trying to hold on until someone can buy them. Based upon network technology (CDMA) the natural suitor would be verizon but the FCC would never let that happen. Sprint is trying to keep subscribers and raise capital to make the switch to LTE. At that point they can merge with TMO successfully and make a run for it!
    I've heard several rumors that T-Mo is looking to buy Sprint.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I wonder if this sudden reduction of price by Verizon followed by AT&T is in preperation of the Tablet release which will need a carrier and the fact AT&T is losing it's iP rights opening the door for a ton of new customers weather it be a Tablet user or iP-4 user.

MissBlackberry9630 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30cad226

There's a map for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmc View Post
    Why wouldn't someone just go to Walmart and get a Straight Talk prepaid for $45 per month? No contract and uses the same network. Seems to be the same as the $90 plan Verizon is offering.

Because the coverage map is different. Just like bigs reds coverage map for prepaid service is different from post paid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast