Verizon Wireless has finally jumped on the bandwagon, offering free Wi-Fi to subscribers, but only ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Verizon Wireless jumps on free Wi-Fi bandwagon, but not for smartphones

Advertisement

Verizon Wireless has finally jumped on the bandwagon, offering free Wi-Fi to subscribers, but only those customers that have signed up for Mobile Broadband and Global Access mobile data plans and using broadband via USB modems, PC cards and netbooks. The plan isn't covering Verizon's Wi-Fi-enabled smartphones such as the Motorola Droid.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I guess they're trying to make the Broadband more attractive for the money which, IMO, isn't insignificant. $60 more a month is a chunk unless you have a real business use for it and that's for the 5gb plan. I don't so I'll "suffer" with my little, limited small screen smart phone. I could use an upgrade from my 8330 tho - maybe I'll check into that.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    What is it with Verizon and WiFi?

Anyone know why they don't follow other carriers? No one pays for WiFi other than the device to broadcast it.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Do other plans offer wi-fi free to their broadband users?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com