Sophisticated Full-QWERTY BlackBerry Curve 8330 Delivers Uncompromising Communications, Rich Multimedia Features, VZ Navigator and Broadband ... Smartphone News forum
Verizon Wireless Introduces the BlackBerry Curve 8330
Sophisticated Full-QWERTY BlackBerry Curve 8330 Delivers Uncompromising Communications, Rich Multimedia Features, VZ Navigator and Broadband Speeds
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA and BASKING RIDGE, NEW JERSEY and WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(March 31, 2008) - Ahead of CTIA WIRELESS 2008, Verizon Wireless, the owner and operator of the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, and Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, today announced the BlackBerry(R) Curve(TM) 8330 smartphone will be available in May. Packaged in a liquid silver-colored finish with chrome highlights, smooth edges and soft curves, the BlackBerry Curve 8330 is backed by Verizon Wireless' high-speed Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) network. This small and light smartphone has rich multimedia capabilities and is VZ Navigator(SM)-capable. VZ Navigator is Verizon Wireless' location-based service that offers customers mapping, audible turn-by-turn navigation and access to information on more than 14 million points of interest.
The BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone will be available at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, including those in Circuit City, for $269.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. An additional $100 credit toward the purchase of the handset is available for customers who sign up for qualifying voice and data plans at the time of purchase. Customers who purchase a Verizon Wireless Nationwide voice plan can also subscribe to the E-Mail and Web for BlackBerry plan for an additional $29.99 per month while those opting for a data-only plan can pay $34.99 per month for unlimited e-mail and access to the Internet.
The BlackBerry Curve 8330, RIM's smallest and lightest full-QWERTY smartphone, combines stylish looks with the tools people need to manage their professional responsibilities, maintain personal communications and entertain their senses.
The BlackBerry Curve 8330 offers the following capabilities and key features:
- Small and light design that is easy to handle and use; measures 4.2" x 2.4" x 0.6"and weighs only 4 ounces
- Large, vibrant 320 x 240 display, with light sensing technology that automatically adjusts brightness for optimal viewing in outdoor, indoor, and dark environments
- Responsive, highly-tactile full-QWERTY keyboard and RIM's intuitive trackball navigation system
- Premium phone features including: noise cancellation technology to offset background noise, Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for Voice Activated Dialing (VAD), dedicated "send," "end," and "mute" keys, low-distortion speakerphone, and Bluetooth(R) 2.0, with support for hands-free headsets, stereo headsets (Bluetooth stereo audio profile A2DP/AVRCP), car kits and other Bluetooth accessories
- 2.0 megapixel camera with support for video recording(i), self-portrait mirror, enhanced flash and 5X zoom
- Easy access to the popular Facebook(R) for BlackBerry(R) Smartphones application
- 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack and dedicated volume controls
- Advanced media player and enhanced desktop media manager software that makes it easy to move media files between a PC and the BlackBerry Curve 8330 - USB Data Cable comes in-box
- MicroSD(TM)/SDHC memory card slot, providing plenty of additional storage (up to 8 GB)
- HTML web browser delivers a fast, rich browsing experience and supports streaming video from sites like m.youtube.com (3GPP RTSP streaming protocol over EV-DO)
- A removable, rechargeable battery, rated for up to 260 minutes of talk time and up to 11 days of standby time
- In-box accessories include: a stereo headset, travel charger and premium tote sleeve
The BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone is supported by BlackBerry(R) Internet Service that gives customers access to up to 10 supported POP3 and IMAP personal and corporate e-mail accounts, including most popular ISP e-mail accounts. It is also supported by BlackBerry(R) Professional Software for small businesses and BlackBerry(R) Enterprise Server for enterprise deployments, enabling advanced security and IT administration within IBM(R) Lotus(R) Domino(R), Microsoft(R) Exchange and Novell(R) GroupWise(R) environments.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers should contact a Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative directly at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ.
(i) Video recording requires a microSD memory card, sold separately.
No wifi I guess, but it does say broadband speeds... Hmmmmm....
I'm still getting one!! Full price or not!!
Sucks they said May, though. I was hoping sometime in the next couple of weeks. Either way, it is about time! I can't wait to get this just in time to see AT&T get the 9xxx series soon after.
May is the perfect time. Right after getting my "stimulas" check from Uncle Sam, I will go "stimulate" the economy by getting my Curve!
It's been a long wait, keep an eye out in the BST forum for my 8130 in May. LOL
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ hallelujah! Unfortunately I just recently got the pearl
Ill probably buy the curve anyhow...hehehe...it'll be worth the money!
Wow. That was fast. The product evolution time from GSM to CDMA is getting shorter and shorter......
Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....
i'll co-sign that doughdaddy....lol
Originally Posted by doughdaddy
Hmmm....what will come first, this or 4.5???
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
I have to ask what is the point Wifi on a BlackBerry? It's the only phone on the market that requires a data package to even use it. I suppose if you're looking to boost your speeds when actually in a wifi supported area, but otherwise the feature goes unrealized. T-Mobile being the exception to that allowing for unlimited calling through the wifi functionality. Just wondering really (anyhoo).
This phone is going to be what I have been waiting for. At least until the next CDMA BlackBerry becomes available. But that silver color is tired. I'll definitely have to wait to see what other color will come, hopefully black! That would be the slickest looking bb ever!
Yes, I agree I want to see whats sprint's is going to look like.......when I first saw this I thought VZW had beaten Sprint we get it the 16th of April. Didn't think it was gonna be a big deal, but I really miss not having a camera. Definetly, worth the upgrade.....
"This life almost didn't happen"
I hear you on the camera. I had the 8830 too! That didn't last long once I had to deal with not being able to receive MMS. And now that I have the Pearl the one thing I miss is the full keyboard. Although I have to admit I'm pretty fast on that suretype action!
Originally Posted by kreesedup
Bout time! When my new every two hits in Sept this will become my new BB. Even though Im gettin the 8130 later this week.
IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!
Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!
PIN me up @ 2576B06B
Tags for this Thread