AppleInsider: A new rumor suggests that Verizon could be scrambling to launch its high-speed Long-Term ... Smartphone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Verizon rumored to be fast-tracking 4G for launch by early 2010

Advertisement

AppleInsider: A new rumor suggests that Verizon could be scrambling to launch its high-speed Long-Term Evolution data network in the first quarter of 2010.

Citing a "knowledgeable" source, TechCrunch reported Friday that the deployment of Verizon's new 4G mobile broadband network, originally planned for a limited launch in late 2010, is allegedly being fast-tracked.

"Our source says that Verizon is putting just about everything it has in to moving many of these markets up to Q1 2010 — which is the same timeframe for this supposed new Apple device," the report states. "While the source had no information to specifically tie Apple to this move by Verizon, they did note that there was talk of at least one non-dongle (wireless card) product that this LTE launch was being specifically geared towards."

The timing is particularly interesting given the exclusive rumor broken earlier Friday by AppleInsider that Apple is also racing toward an early 2010 launch for its still-unannounced multi-touch 10-inch tablet.

Verizon officials have kept Apple in mind as they prepare to roll out their LTE network. Earlier this year, Verizon's chief executive Ivan Seidenberg said the chances of an iPhone on his network will be greater once 4G is in place.

Read More.

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Very interesting. Verizon 4G, sounds the fastest out of all the 4G networks the other providers. Sprint better get a move on if they want to keep there word on the first 4G, but as we all know sprint has a history of major let downs.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I wonder if the newer blackberries (Tour and upcoming Storm 2) will be able to take full advantage of the 4G LTE network?

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    For the storm 2 maybe, but the tour I doubt because its released already with revA speeds, unless verizon stops selling them and puts the 4G radio in then sells them again, but then they would probably need to do it to all customers who already got the tour now. Or many many un happy ppl
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    There would more than likely be a second version of the Tour releasing this time next year with 4G capability. I wonder if the HTC Touch Pro 2 and Samsung Omnia II will have the ability from the gate.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    4G. Can verizon really support 4G?
    And when they do this will there rate change?
    I understand 4G is supposed to the data to have. Able to email and surf the web while on the phone. Att spent millions to boost their 3G to support the iphone along with other 3G phones and devices.

Another question is that; how many devices will VZ release that uses the 4G?
    4G sounds good, but will it worth it? because I know they will have to re-coop that cost.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........